Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TopPoster
Initiate

Re: Who will decide

Post by TopPoster »

Don’t be a prat with your speak to their solicitor crap. This is a message board where we express opinions and discuss brad pitt. Don’t be a tool who just because you don’t agree with another opinion you throw shyte like that about.

It is my opinion, not fact, that I just don’t think they’ll play for Ireland again. They are an organisation with a brand, imagine, reputation and sponsors and this has and will continue to do damage to that regardless of being cleared but because of the what was private social media but is now public. They’ll have some clever legal and HR people to work it out and even If they cannot find a way to release them, contracts don’t need to be renewed when up, selection not required due to depth in the squad etc.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The 'I believe her' hashtag will disappear as the 'not my captain' one. They will move on or forget.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

I wonder if TopPoster is an Ulster supporter and has ever been to Ravenhill. You said "they'll be jeered here on the pitch"

Can you really see an Ulster crowd jeering Paddy or Stuart if they are playing for Ulster? Wise up !
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

twiglet wrote:I wonder if TopPoster is an Ulster supporter and has ever been to Ravenhill. You said "they'll be jeered here on the pitch"

Can you really see an Ulster crowd jeering Paddy or Stuart if they are playing for Ulster? Wise up !
Can't see a Dublin crowd doing it either tbh.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Kofi Annan wrote:I fear that they won’t play on this island again. Protect the image.
What image ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dharper wrote:Logan already passed the buck re the IRFU making the decision. Bryn has a sense of the fans more than most. Twitteresque lily allen types will move on in a few weeks. If UR fans (on the whole) think the 2 lads are getting shafted they’ll walk and take their money with them.....the greater risk in my opinion is binning them not keeping them, and that is just off the pitch, not on it.
I’d take my chances with so called sponsor pull outs.

I think the review will work out for the lads but it won’t be comfortable for them.
They need to stick it out
I have been told by an excellent source that Logan passed nothing, buck or otherwise.
Listen, Logan habitually bigs up his role in everything, So just ignore half of what he says.

Paddy and Stu are employed by the IRFU. They were stood down by the IRFU and they will be reinstated by the IRFU, following an investigation by the IRFU.
UR is part of the IRFU and is the particular branch of the IRFU where the guys are based. The investigation will be conducted by the IRFU and UR will have an "input". As with all such major matters, in the interests of impartiality and confidentiality, the investigation will be taken off site, which in this case means to head office Dublin.
That's how it works with my employer and this sound much the same.

There will be an investigation into whether they are in breach of the conduct terms of their contracts. If they have, there will be consequences ranging from a slap on the wrist to dismissal. If they haven't there will be another press release like today's stating that there's nothing to see or be done. the IRFU will be seen to have taken the matter seriously and dealt with it by the book.
UR, Bryn and Logan will be told what has to happen.
Snipe... we don’t always agree on everything but yes this is the IRFUs call with UR at least at the table if not just for show only.

I have also heard now on more than one occasion that sponsors concerns may weight heavily on any final decision... I wonder will it be a case of sponsors v supporters for the IRFU if so only one winner.

Two views today from informed sources they will never play for Ulster again. I hope they are wrong.
Whether they are in breach of the stated terms of their contract will be established as fact. Yes or no, with no equivocation.

If there is something in writing about offending the sensibilities of sponsors, then there could be an issue, but I'd be amazed if there were. Sponsors are entitled to make their feelings known, but whether that carries any weight is another matter.
Furthermore, I would have thought that if sponsors were known to have applied undue influence to reach a particular outcome in a legal matter, that would probably be of considerable interest to Paddy and Stu's solicitors.
Sponsors are all employers, so will also be familiar with internal disciplinary investigations and are most unlikely to step over the mark.
look, I'm getting way ahead of my actual knowledge on this. I'm no lawyer, but I've been involved in a few of these investigations and the law is very clear cut and specific. I have never had a judgement call to make in any investigation. It was all about facts and all there in black and white.

Paddy's solicitor made it abundantly clear today that Paddy wants to play on for Ulster and Ireland. The IRFU will have to sack him, and that is a massively high bar.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

twiglet wrote:I wonder if TopPoster is an Ulster supporter and has ever been to Ravenhill. You said "they'll be jeered here on the pitch"

Nice try to make me look like a troll but sorry to disappoint that yes I’ve been a supporter since the 80s, former season ticket holder and whilst this account is new was about here at the beginning and before then, different account, left for 10yrs and back again.

Can you put hand on heart and tell me that when they walk out there won’t be some idiots jeering them? And at the aviva. Do you think everyone is a true loyal fan like you? All level headed, fair and just. Think you need to wise up.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

If they don’t play, I won’t pay.
That’s two season tickets (Mem Stand total Temperance) which will not be renewed if they are forced out of Ulster.
They’ve both expressed a desire to play for Ulster and they’ve been prevented from doing so by trumped up charges. Their celebrity status is the only reason the case got to court, as the PSNI & CPS hadn’t the tinkies to throw it out.
They have been found to be innocent and FIRFU sanctioning further punishment would be a much greater injustice than the Ruan Removal.
We have until the end of April to renew and I hope FIRFU conclude their review before then. If they don’t I’ll have to watch CIYMS, or Malone because I won’t be back to Spanners.

So if TopPopster was around before the beginning, did he help The Big Beardy One (Not Gusher) with the creation thingy?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

TopPoster wrote:Don’t be a prat with your speak to their solicitor crap. This is a message board where we express opinions and discuss brad pitt. Don’t be a tool who just because you don’t agree with another opinion you throw shyte like that about.

It is my opinion, not fact, that I just don’t think they’ll play for Ireland again. They are an organisation with a brand, imagine, reputation and sponsors and this has and will continue to do damage to that regardless of being cleared but because of the what was private social media but is now public. They’ll have some clever legal and HR people to work it out and even If they cannot find a way to release them, contracts don’t need to be renewed when up, selection not required due to depth in the squad etc.
You're entitled to think what you want, but I'll put this very simply.
If the IRFU go into the review with a predetermined outcome, they have broken the law. That is not my opinion, that is the law.

Get cranky with me if you like, but you are basing everything on what you think, not the law.

I have no idea what is in their contracts, so I cannot say whether they are in breach or not. I suspect you are in the same boat. >EW
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Tender wrote:If they don’t play, I won’t pay.
Preach brother preach
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

I don't believe that the IRFU will want to turn their back on, or be seen to so do, any of their players without just cause but they will want to do it by the book.

If I was to hazard an opinion I'd say Ulsterfolk and Irelandfolk will be cheering on Paddy next season and Ulsterfolk will be whinging about Olding being behind evidently better players for Ireland. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:I don't believe that the IRFU will want to turn their back on, or be seen to so do, any of their players without just cause but they will want to do it by the book.

If I was to hazard an opinion I'd say Ulsterfolk and Irelandfolk will be cheering on Paddy next season and Ulsterfolk will be whinging about Olding being behind evidently better players for Ireland. :D
I refer the honourable member to the answer I gave some moments ago.Image
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Away with you Snipe. I thought Neil F wrote yours. >EW
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I suppose the statements from the players was clever and well advised.

They knew the IRFU was going to say they had a review today, so they got their retaliation in first...the union cannot now pay them off quietly; come out and say they've gone by mutual consent. In order to go they must be sacked and in the circumstances that's likely going to end up messy.

The union now need to adopt an empathetic approach, come out and say that any reputational damage punishment would be less than the 6 month suspensions they have already served and making public the efforts they will go to, to help them get over the past 6 months.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:Away with you Snipe. I thought Neil F wrote yours. >EW
:roll: once a muck savage langer, always a Clare ballix.
git away up the yard. >EW