New Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ethel
Novice

Re: New Coach

Post by Ethel »

i miss wee Les
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He says he misses yer hobnobs ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He said you were well stocked with hobnobs...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

But he may have been too drunk to dunk one in his mug ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

By Jonathan Bradley

March 22 2018

Ulster Director of Operations Bryn Cunningham has said an announcement on a new head coach is due in a few weeks.

Earlier this month it was announced Jono Gibbes will head home in the summer, and with Director of Rugby Les Kiss already having left this year, there is leadership void to be filled, with Cunningham revealing they are in the process of deciding upon a shortlist.

Plenty of names have been mooted already, including former Connacht and Edinburgh man Michael Bradley, now of Zebre, but Cunningham added that nobody has yet been approached.

"We're not at that point yet," he said. "We're having to try and move as quickly as we can in the coaching department without making any knee-jerk reactions, so at the moment we're just trying to shortlist with the IRFU and then we'll move to a position of trying to interview and, hopefully, we'll be in a position to make an announcement."

With the province struggling to make the PRO14 play-offs for the second season in a row, and now unsure if they'll even be playing in the Champions Cup next year, it is an appointment that the powers-that-be cannot afford to get wrong.

A rebuild is required and it's imperative that the right man, and one with the stomach for a fight, is at the helm.

Cunningham admitted it's a balance between taking the time to decide upon the best candidate and acting before he is snapped up by somebody else.

"You want to make sure that you don't lose any options so you want to move relatively quickly and obviously each individual will be in a slightly different position. They may be under intense pressure to re-sign where they currently are or there may be competing clubs looking for the same position so yeah we can't hang around for too long.

"We're fortunate enough in that the number of coaches that we looked at at the present, nobody has gone off the radar."

Good to see that the radar is still being used.
Last edited by Dave on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hope they did a bit of tuning to the radar, wouldn't want them picking up the dummy in Elon Musks roadster any trying to catch him on the way past
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I’m throwing my hat into the ring.

Malone first to go, followed quickly by The Brass Bellends, Subway man and all hope of ever being the best club side in the world.

You know where I am Bryn.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

222toHounslow wrote:I’m throwing my hat into the ring.

Malone first to go, followed quickly by The Brass Bellends, Subway man and all hope of ever being the best club side in the world.

You know where I am Bryn.
If Carlsberg did Ulster Rugby......
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Well they certainly sell enough tins to our young "stars" ...
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Nick Kennedy has resigned from Plastics as DOR.

Surely not UR bound?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

222toHounslow wrote:Nick Kennedy has resigned from Plastics as DOR.

Surely not UR bound?
:lol: Kennedy appoints Declan Kidney and Les Kiss then jumps ship :lol:

The man has a great sense of humour!!!
Finished
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Rooster wrote:Hope they did a bit of tuning to the radar, wouldn't want them picking up the dummy in Elon Musks roadster any trying to catch him on the way past
The radar range is only around 7 miles or so...
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

rumncoke wrote:Bradley -I doubt if Ulster would even accept his application , his CV lacks sufficient success in the many appointments he has had .

A journeyman coach for middle of the road teams with limited ambition and fundamental need .

While Ulster’s needs may be fundamental I doubt if the IRFU would settle for limited ambition in the long term or short term - arses on seats requires success at PRO14 and ERC .

Two provinces ( Munster and Connaught ) require substantial central subsidies to exist a third province drawing heavily would not suit D4 at all with the Union having to invest in the RDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you may have put up several good reasons why he will end up here lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

They will have the answers in a few short weeks this despite the process not really starting... it likely to hit all sorts of potential contract issues.. the huge interest being shown.. and us not being in any rush ... early reports on the world renowned radar has highlighted that Kiss is available and is still the number one coach in world rugby period...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Have hundreds of people not already been banging down the door?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.