New Coach

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: New Coach

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Neill_M wrote:JD?
I'd be surprised if he came back and i'm not convinced I'd want him to come back either.
He signed a 3 year deal last summer in Bordeaux. Bryn did mention that the mystery man was under contract elsewhere.
Although we joke about Lisburn, the IRFU do tend to look within the system first. Don't be surprised if someone already in the system rocks up, Lancaster for example.
Seen Lancaster in Sprucefield earlier in the week... Not JD he turned them down before they got AN Other
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

My choice would be Scott Robertson as mentioned by King on the hill earlier in the thread. Ticks all the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Be prepared to be underwhelmed.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

pg106 wrote:My choice would be Scott Robertson as mentioned by King on the hill earlier in the thread. Ticks all the boxes.

Wet dream, wet dream.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

pg106 wrote:My choice would be Scott Robertson as mentioned by King on the hill earlier in the thread. Ticks all the boxes.

He is being linked with Harlequins, #onlyrumours
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Kofi Annan wrote:

Wet dream, wet dream.
It literally is, and there are rumours that he is moving. But can’t see it.

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
I'd be surprised if he came back and i'm not convinced I'd want him to come back either.
He signed a 3 year deal last summer in Bordeaux. Bryn did mention that the mystery man was under contract elsewhere.
Although we joke about Lisburn, the IRFU do tend to look within the system first. Don't be surprised if someone already in the system rocks up, Lancaster for example.
Seen Lancaster in Sprucefield earlier in the week... Not JD he turned them down before they got AN Other
At least he is familiar with the greater Lisburn area then. That's a big positive.
prawnsarnies
Novice

Post by prawnsarnies »

https://amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... ssion=true

I know it's the belly laugh so let's take it with a tanker of salt but there is reference (though not directly quoted) to the fact that Bryn is adamant that the new coach hasn't been so far linked to the job. Ergo, no Andy Friend.

We live in hope anyway.
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Reckon it is Lancaster and they don't want to rock d4 before the finals and FIRFU were put in their box already by Leinster recently. Plus Lancaster is losing out having to convert euros every time he goes home.
Do we not need 2 people? A DOR and a head coach?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:Reckon it is Lancaster and they don't want to rock d4 before the finals and FIRFU were put in their box already by Leinster recently. Plus Lancaster is losing out having to convert euros every time he goes home.
Do we not need 2 people? A DOR and a head coach?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thought we may be ditching the DOR and running with head coach and Bryn doing the paperwork and forward thinking about how things go in a more management based system.
Then again I might have picked that up wrong
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Why would Lancaster move? He’s already in effect a head coach with Cullen in effect DOR at Leinster. He probably has access to the best academy in Europe, and if he stays for next 2/3 yrs nigh on nailed on Euro cup / league shot in place.

Only real selling point would be u r the main man, with BC dealing with all the off field stuff so he could sort out the coaching.....can’t see it at the moment.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:Keyser Soze was from Lisburn

Aye, he may well be, but right now he lives very near Grosvenor HS at a location I will never reveal. He lives with a wife and two children ... but this may just be a cover to hint at normality. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Catch yerselves on lads, Jimmy Davidson died years back. Mind you if they could rebuild him, he’d do me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Dave wrote:Dundon will coach the forwards. Peel will coach the backs. Jared the defence. Friend will steer the ship. Bryn will sign the injury magnets. Logan will take the credit for the free stadium. Ethel will make the tea. The groundsmen will put the covers on (maybe).

You will renew your season tickets.

Well at least the tea will be good.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Snipe Watson wrote:Everybody step back from the rabbit hole.
We don't want to fall in. It's too painful.
Think of the childer.
Is that the vibrator rabbit?
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.