The State of English Rugby

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: The State of English Rugby

Post by rumncoke »

And the Welsh were always helped with generous donations towards travelling expenses.

The Irish and Scots were the real amateurs although the good and great usually had understanding Employers who realised the benefit of free advertising.

The amateur attitude defined the way those who went to league were treated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Head Lionel of eRFU says they're at the start of an 8 year deal so wont be able to introduce central contracts

Flog bosh
Flog bosh
Bosh flog
Flog bosh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Head Lionel of eRFU says they're at the start of an 8 year deal so wont be able to introduce central contracts

Flog bosh
Flog bosh
Bosh flog
Flog bosh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Well only themselves to blame then Image
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

The English should stop the relegation system, it is an absolute waste of time for them. All the clubs start off playing not to get relegated rather than win. It leads to a Tom Kite product to watch. Bosh and slow rugby, waste of time. They are more scared of losing than going out and trying to win with style. No team in the Championship other than the relegated team from the premiership even want to get promoted, they do not have the money, the stadium or the fan base to warrant a place in the top tier. Leeds or Yorkshire or Carnigie (whatever they are now) should go up with Bristol next year and leave it at that. There are no playoffs in the Championship now and it will just become a waste of a year for whoever goes down each year from the premiership. They even get a parachute payment from Premier rugby when relegated so that they operate on a budget five times more than the rest of them. waste of time, its a failed model.

The English system does not allow them to bring in young players early for fear of relegation, they rely on toughened SH players to try and keep them in the league. They need to get their younger players on the pitch more. We beat them with a lot of 21 and 22 year olds... They need to look at themselves alright.