Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

MightyRearranger
Warrior

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by MightyRearranger »

BR wrote:
MightyRearranger wrote: The only thing I would question is the fact he let Ulster Rugby go ahead with announcing he was going to take over as Head Coach knowing he was probably going to leave,
Did Ulster ever announce that he was taking over as head head coach other than in the interim?
To be fair, I've just re-read the statement when Kiss left and I think the answer is no. He was Head Coach already and the only thing the statement said was that he'd assume responsibility for all coaching while a review was carried out.

"Head Coach, Jono Gibbes, will assume responsibility for all coaching matters and will lead the current coaching team of Dwayne Peel, Aaron Dundon and Niall Malone. A review will be conducted to ascertain if additional coaching expertise is required."

I wouldn't think any less of him over anything I've heard, seems like a decent bloke and I wish him well.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

...and the horse he rode in on.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ah but he loved the scenery. If only the missus had seen Vic Sq.

And so the man who helped lay the foundations for transforming the Mexican pack, from a bunch of big girl's blouses into a well oiled machine, is gone, having taken one look at our mob and thought "you must be having a laugh".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I hope the review panel have a good long and honest interview with Jonno, and record it verbatim (not the PSNI type of verbatim)

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:I hope the review panel have a good long and honest interview with Jonno, and record it verbatim (not the PSNI type of verbatim) Image

The review will be pointless if conducted by the same incompetent Muppets as the last one.
Get Gibbes' thoughts for sure. I would talk to Doak as well. We need an intervention from head office at this stage, before the whole thing goes down trap 2.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:I hope the review panel have a good long and honest interview with Jonno, and record it verbatim (not the PSNI type of verbatim) Image

The review will be pointless if conducted by the same incompetent Muppets as the last one.
Get Gibbes' thoughts for sure. I would talk to Doak as well. We need an intervention from head office at this stage, before the whole thing goes down trap 2.
Agreed. In some circles the placement of Kiss here was deemed a favour by D4 but as King has pointed out probably more believably, Kiss was seen as a busted flush in defensive innovation and they offloaded him here to the delight of Logie who had twice scoured the globe. So actually D4 do owe us this, not least because of Kiss but because we are 25% of them and successful Ireland depends on 4 well run provinces.

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Kofi Annan wrote:I would just let him go, put Willie and Campbell in charge, proven record with the A team, punching well above its weight in B&I cup. I could not be any worse, Kinda feel sorry for Peel in this shi!tfeast.

I would Trust Anderson for the rest of the year. hell i would trust Bryn in the trackie

There's enough coaching experience there to see us through the season. Let's face it, could they do any worse? Don't know what his family reasons are for going home, but good luck to him, let him go now. I wonder if that suits him though.....
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ColinM wrote:So actually D4 do owe us this, not least because of Kiss but because we are 25% of them and successful Ireland depends on 4 well run provinces.
Emmm still on for the GS with a basket case of a Northern Province.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Kofi Annan wrote:I would just let him go, put Willie and Campbell in charge, proven record with the A team, punching well above its weight in B&I cup. I could not be any worse, Kinda feel sorry for Peel in this shi!tfeast.

I would Trust Anderson for the rest of the year. hell i would trust Bryn in the trackie
If Logan was any sort of CEO he would assume direct rule on what is now a crisis situation.

Logan for head coach until the end of the year.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Jackie Brown wrote:
ColinM wrote:So actually D4 do owe us this, not least because of Kiss but because we are 25% of them and successful Ireland depends on 4 well run provinces.
Emmm still on for the GS with a basket case of a Northern Province.

Long term JB, every dog has its day

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

If Logan was any sort of CEO he would assume direct rule on what is now a crisis situation.

Logan for head coach until the end of the year.
Bangor 3rds are a step above us at present

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The Waikato confirmation so soon after the news about Jonno leaving does not look good. Whether this was down to Jonno not informing UR beforehand of his intention to leave, or UR knowing about this and somehow feeling that this was the best way to handle it, then who knows.

If it has caused more embarrassment for UR because Gibbes did not tell them until just before the announcement or if the players feel let down by this, then maybe the right thing would be to get rid now. If he stays then at best we have a coach who has nothing at stake here and is probably already preparing for the return home. We have little to lose results wise, as most people on here seem to thInk we would only win one more game anyway and results were not getting better.

The main reasons for keeping are that if we ditched then the players would be on their 3rd coach in almost as many weeks, more upheaval PR for ulster and there being no one else in place to take the reins.

Ultimately if UR and the players are happy with how Jonno has conducted himself through all of this then fine, but if not then no reason to keep him.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hope they search his house in two weeks time.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Agreed. In some circles the placement of Kiss here was deemed a favour by D4 but as King has pointed out probably more believably, Kiss was seen as a busted flush in defensive innovation and they offloaded him here to the delight of Logie who had twice scoured the globe. So actually D4 do owe us this, not least because of Kiss but because we are 25% of them and successful Ireland depends on 4 well run provinces.

The only thing that D4 care about is the Ireland team. As long as we were keeping our heads above water and providing a few players to Ireland they were happy. The way things are now, we are sinking fast. Either Dublin will step in firmly to sort out the mess or they will look west towards Galway as the third province and allow us to flounder.
The problems are all of our own creation, but I cannot see how UR is capable of righting the ship. The muppets suffer from a monumental dose of Dunning Kruger syndrome.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

The only thing that D4 care about is the Ireland team. As long as we were keeping our heads above water and providing a few players to Ireland they were happy. The way things are now, we are sinking fast. Either Dublin will step in firmly to sort out the mess or they will look west towards Galway as the third province and allow us to flounder.
The problems are all of our own creation, but I cannot see how UR is capable of righting the ship. The muppets suffer from a monumental dose of Dunning Kruger syndrome.

Dunning Kruger - sounds like the name of a crap SA prop with a dodgy ACL

Bet Bryn has wasapped him already.