Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ethel
Novice

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by Ethel »

BR wrote:
Ethel wrote:I am staying
You think so?
Young Man, i have been given assurances by Mr Logan that i will be the best tea lady if not the world, the universe, so who am i to doubt him.

I called past his house on Saturday with a we fruitcake, no answer but he must be expecting a big breakfast prayer meeting with all that milk he has built up at his door.

Thanks be to the lord that Ulster has a foundation of Loyalty and God
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Dave wrote:Disappointed by this. I thought Jonno was going to be the business. At the same time I don't really blame him. He probably didn't realise what a shambles we are until he arrived.
Dave, is there two of you, ya know , one sensible and one a gullible old man.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

8.JPG
8.JPG (44.1 KiB) Viewed 831 times
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

A lot of what Gibbes says is fair enough and it is clear there is a family issue there (you could make a guess at what judging by what he has said) . What is disappointing is the extent to which Gibbes kept ulster informed of his plans when it was a no-brainer for him from a while ago. The fact he appears to have only told Bryn of his intentions to go at a time when he had a job pretty much lined up is disappointing and has led to a drip-feeding of uncertainty around Ulster.

Wonder how Bryn feels about the Waikato job being announced so soon after it appears jonno spoke to him about his plans to go home.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Dave wrote:Disappointed by this. I thought Jonno was going to be the business. At the same time I don't really blame him. He probably didn't realise what a shambles we are until he arrived.
Dave, is there two of you, ya know , one sensible and one a gullible old man.
Thanks for the feedback.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Christ crucified, apology back on then. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

It is fair enough, if there are circumstances outside his control who can blame him? As he said he has a young family, if there was no personal circumstances it would make sense to stay here and earn as much as possible rather than go coach an AIL-ish team, for probably relative pennies
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

I think this is fair enough to be honest, seems like a straight shooting enough guy and no reason to take what he says at anything other than face value. I've no doubt the Waikato position was arranged before he handed in his notice, but it's only logical he'd try and find himself a position at home before committing to leaving, he needs to put food on the table like anyone else.

The only thing I would question is the fact he let Ulster Rugby go ahead with announcing he was going to take over as Head Coach knowing he was probably going to leave, but don't think that's a shooting offence. He wasn't to know when or if he'd be able to find a suitable position at home, not like there a millions of them and a vacancy would have needed to become available.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

MightyRearranger wrote:I think this is fair enough to be honest, seems like a straight shooting enough guy and no reason to take what he says at anything other than face value. I've no doubt the Waikato position was arranged before he handed in his notice, but it's only logical he'd try and find himself a position at home before committing to leaving, he needs to put food on the table like anyone else.

The only thing I would question is the fact he let Ulster Rugby go ahead with announcing he was going to take over as Head Coach knowing he was probably going to leave, but don't think that's a shooting offence. He wasn't to know when or if he'd be able to find a suitable position at home, not like there a millions of them and a vacancy would have needed to become available.
So , Gibbo and Kiss discussed this as far back as December, so Kiss gets sacked and this was never mentioned.... :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

MightyRearranger wrote: The only thing I would question is the fact he let Ulster Rugby go ahead with announcing he was going to take over as Head Coach knowing he was probably going to leave,
Did Ulster ever announce that he was taking over as head head coach other than in the interim?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Why wait, what’s the point of hanging about?

He hasn’t exactly ripped any trees up while he’s been here.

Season is over anyway. Stick Ethel in for the run in.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

222toHounslow wrote:Why wait, what’s the point of hanging about?

Contract does not let me get involved in Rugby matters and there is an induction in place keeping me away from Darren Cave, all a mis understanding I can assure you, I never knew it was his garden and I can't believe the police would be out at that time of morning.
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

222toHounslow wrote:Why wait, what’s the point of hanging about?

Season isn't over until 27th April.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Snipe, care to comment?
Yes, I'll comment.
Don't let the door hit your Brennan on the way out Jonno. There's a fine chap.

The man's clearly a liar and should be shown the door asap.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but give Willie the reins for the last few games