Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by Dublin4 »

Big Al, I have no problem with Ulster giving Leinster a hiding or two at under age and that's the way it should be, give and take.
It's better for us to have more competition. So bring it on.

Getting Banbridge and Hinch into Division 1A would be terrific as long as my club stays in the top division!
DWFinn
Novice

Post by DWFinn »

When you consider that Leinster have won nothing for four barren years, that's charitable of you D4. It seems that Leinster already have more competition than they can handle.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

D4 have taken Ulster for granted for years pumped money into Leinster and Munster and treated Ulster with contempt . For too long Ulster have suffered Munster and Leinster refs who look for and quickly ,if not prematurely, blow for any infringement by Ulster within the 22’s at either end regardless of the opposition without a murmur .
Unlike Baggy Ulster need a coach who can say “I need and Want “ to Dublin and get it unfortunately I can’t think of a single Ulsterman , who is involved in Coaching who commands that respect .

While the current crisis may not be totally the fault of D4 , and due to circumstance beyond control of anyone, it is my opinion badly biased refereeing can demotivate a squad of players if it persists long enough which together with a favouritism to underaged players from other provinces can demotivate players who might have considered going professional.

If they can’t make a squad at underage level there is nothing to inspire them to become professional

Thus The Ulster squad lacks the numbers depth and quality of those of Munster and Leinster .

Why do Munster and Leinster have more successful Academy’s simple their schoolboys and Underaged players are favoured by D4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Nelson away - McPhilips Home ... :banghead:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yes that's it. It is not the fault of the daves, coaches, Logie, blazers, IRFU, premier sports, trial, injuries etc... It's all the refs fault as to why we are in this mess.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Rooster wrote:Even at his age I wouldn't be against Ulster giving him a 3 year combination contract playing and coaching in the academy showing guys what is needed and can be achieved with work and dedication
Agree wholeheartedly with that!

Would show an awful lot of kids who think they know what it takes, what it actually takes.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

D4, few home truths , we don't have the money in our AIL clubs that you throw at players to have teams at the quality you do, with out Ulster allocating players most clubs are poor , why is this, same reason schools Rugby is better than clubs, MONEY. Clubs get what they pay for and that's monkeys or average coaches who only care about the £100 a week they get, they do not care about the development of Club or players, in Leinster you have the big bucks to get better coaches and players without relying on academy handouts.schools here pay silly money to win the schools cup, the schools committee primary function is to be at Ravenhill on Paddy's Day with free wine and canapés
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Gerald the Mole wrote:D4, few home truths , we don't have the money in our AIL clubs that you throw at players to have teams at the quality you do, with out Ulster allocating players most clubs are poor , why is this, same reason schools Rugby is better than clubs, MONEY. Clubs get what they pay for and that's monkeys or average coaches who only care about the £100 a week they get, they do not care about the development of Club or players, in Leinster you have the big bucks to get better coaches and players without relying on academy handouts.schools here pay silly money to win the schools cup, the schools committee primary function is to be at Ravenhill on Paddy's Day with free wine and canapés
Gerry can I ask you on the Schools Cup side, when I Google Ulster Schools Cup it says it is for schools affiliated with Ulster Branch. So does this mean Ulster can determine the format of the cup and, if so, why do they not set it up in such a way to benefit club rugby and Ulster?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Lurgan Lad wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:D4, few home truths , we don't have the money in our AIL clubs that you throw at players to have teams at the quality you do, with out Ulster allocating players most clubs are poor , why is this, same reason schools Rugby is better than clubs, MONEY. Clubs get what they pay for and that's monkeys or average coaches who only care about the £100 a week they get, they do not care about the development of Club or players, in Leinster you have the big bucks to get better coaches and players without relying on academy handouts.schools here pay silly money to win the schools cup, the schools committee primary function is to be at Ravenhill on Paddy's Day with free wine and canapés
Gerry can I ask you on the Schools Cup side, when I Google Ulster Schools Cup it says it is for schools affiliated with Ulster Branch. So does this mean Ulster can determine the format of the cup and, if so, why do they not set it up in such a way to benefit club rugby and Ulster?
Who sits on the school's committee?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Talk of Gibbes going to La Rochelle, reported by lequipe.

Ulster should kick up an almighty fuss if true.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Toonie laughs.... We can't poach Dan from his employer.... But La Rochelle... Get the removal men in and we not only just watch but direct the traffic so as it runs smoother.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

thecrouch wrote:Talk of Gibbes going to La Rochelle, reported by lequipe.

Ulster should kick up an almighty fuss if true.
Why ? We talked to McFarland behind the back of Scotland, so why should we be so high and mighty,

If he goes to La Rochelle tomorrow for an interview then he has to go immediately.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:Toonie laughs.... We can't poach Dan from his employer.... But La Rochelle... Get the removal men in and we not only just watch but direct the traffic so as it runs smoother.
They left off those full price DFS sofas too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

https://www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites ... azo/901843

Maybe I should give the benefit of the doubt to a man returning to NZ due to an undisclosed family situation that if we all apparently knew the detail off we would have excused his immediate departure last month...

Lets see what happens but he is on his way anyhow so if indeed a French club has come in they have exploited an opportunity which with all things being true he will simply turn down due to that need to be home...

As previously stated why should there be any fuss from us towards La Rochelle.... we went behind the back of the SRU and poached one of their coaches and if not mistaken we have already agreed to realise Gibbes from his albeit for a different reason..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

We're OK Logie has just tweeted to say there is no truth in this story...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU