Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by BaggyTrousers »

MightyRearranger wrote:This obviously doesn't look the best, but I don't know enough about what was or wasn't the family emergency with respect to JG and how that might have changed in the last six months to utterly condemn the man. Playing devils advocate it might also be fair to say things might not have been quite as they were sold to him when he came to Ulster and his job description quickly morphed into something he hadn't originally signed up for.

Regardless of the circumstances surrounding his departure he clearly didn't want to be here and thus it's for the best he's gone. Family emergency or otherwise if his heart isn't in the job Ulster would have been foolish to want him to stay.
That's what I have been saying, and in the great scheme of things, who cares where he goes, he clearly didn't want to be at Ulster..... BUT the facts are the facts and it is simply time to write his name large in the Big Book of Cu'nts, remember him as a lying piece of prime NZ trash and move on.

We've had excellent NZers, Steiner, Matt Sexton, Andy Ward, but on the whole, I don't find them a nation of anything other than self-serving cu'nts and I say that knowing I do a great disservice to up to a few hundred of the population.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

The thing about this is, Jonno has always been a cu'nt. He fecked the Ospreys over a playing contract, and he fecked Clermont when we tapped him up on a SDC evening here. He has fecked us over a remarkably similar occurrence and having no suitable break clause used a family matter.

So maybe Jonno's situation has changed but he is still a cu'nt, always has been a cu'nt and has shown Ulster up to be useless cu'nts by releasing him without a non compete clause.

I wonder who La Rochelle have in the SDC next year as he might well show his cu'ntishness again. A 4 year contract, meh
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:The thing about this is, Jonno has always been a cu'nt. He fecked the Ospreys over a playing contract, and he fecked Clermont when we tapped him up on a SDC evening here. He has fecked us over a remarkably similar occurrence and having no suitable break clause used a family matter.

So maybe Jonno's situation has changed but he is still a cu'nt, always has been a cu'nt and has shown Ulster up to be useless cu'nts by releasing him without a non compete clause.

I wonder who La Rochelle have in the SDC next year as he might well show his cu'ntishness again. A 4 year contract, meh
If they go as far as November without an adequate coaching ticket, they may not be in the SDC again next year. They may not even be in the T14.

IF I was Bryn/Logan/whoever and Gibbes had come to me saying he needed to be in NZ between June and September. I'd have wished him well for his future career and reached for my copy of the Greater Lisburn white pages.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:
ColinM wrote:The thing about this is, Jonno has always been a cu'nt. He fecked the Ospreys over a playing contract, and he fecked Clermont when we tapped him up on a SDC evening here. He has fecked us over a remarkably similar occurrence and having no suitable break clause used a family matter.

If they go as far as November without an adequate coaching ticket, they may not be in the SDC again next year. They may not even be in the T14.

IF I was Bryn/Logan/whoever and Gibbes had come to me saying he needed to be in NZ between June and September. I'd have wished him well for his future career and reached for my copy of the Greater Lisburn white pages.
Albeit November is earlier than January. In fact November is almost SOON
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/pro ... evelations

What a complete joke. He signed a 2 year deal with Waikato and now they are getting compensation from La Rochelle. As for Ulster.......

Whilst you can say “who can blame him” for wanting to get out of the Ulster set up, it is clear he has made Bryn look less than clever, despite saying how much he loved working with people at ulster, used his own home town team for his own means and once again showed form for lacking any kind of loyalty or sticking to his word. The comments section shows what people in Nz think if a guy who signed a 2 year deal to come home and talked about the jersey etc, yet is happy to say he’s off before he has even started.

No doubt he will fly from New Zealand to France via Japan and pay a “courtesy visit” to a rugby club when he is there.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

#classiculsterImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Bart S wrote:https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/pro ... evelations

What a complete joke. He signed a 2 year deal with Waikato and now they are getting compensation from La Rochelle. As for Ulster.......

Well Ulster get to pay compo to get Dan M, get Dan S on the cheap, and Scotland get Dan W without any hullaballoo.

I like how the BBC report has been amended to remove reference to JG 'honouring' his commitment to Waikato before heading to France. Cu'nts don't know the meaning of honour generally
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I'm wondering if waikato were in on this from the start. Home town club, hey how would ye like to earn some dosh from a rich French club?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It’s a nice theory but i’m not sure Gibbes has the brains for it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He does what he wants
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:#classiculsterImage
I’ve never understood Vaseline’s reluctance to fully praise their own product. Were I in their marketing strategy team, I’d add to the skin protection bit, “also prevents chaffing of the shitpipe”.

Speaking of shitpipes, that JB Gibbes talks out of his, the lying cünt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

I bet there’s a few names out there who wouldn’t feck us over: McGlocks, Davidson, Anderson.....
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Details of Mr Gibbes previous straight dealing

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=10400206
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

justinr73 wrote:It’s a nice theory but i’m not sure Gibbes has the brains for it.
It's pretty straight forward, him going back to a job at home would have validated his story to Bryn about going home... allowing him to slip out of his UR commitments, whilst having back channel talks with LAR. Waikato scratch his back, he scratches theirs with compensation from LAR. Maybe Waikato weren't in on it, he seems a me first kind of guy so maybe didn't give a f@ck about Waikato too.
Fortyniner
Novice

Post by Fortyniner »

Apparently he was all for staying and he had enjoyed the success of his last 5 matches. Then someone showed him the UAFC pages of the UR alleged supporters and he said with them and SL still in charge I am outa here!
We should be thankful Rory, Jacob, Ian and Jared didn't think the same way.