Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by kingofthehill »

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provi ... ugby-coach

You have to think he has had this sorted for months.

Get rid now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Blow in
Novice

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by Blow in »

Gutless but no surprise.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Snipe, care to comment?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

His comments about honouring the province is exactly why we should have an Ulsterman in charge.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I would just let him go, put Willie and Campbell in charge, proven record with the A team, punching well above its weight in B&I cup. I could not be any worse, Kinda feel sorry for Peel in this shi!tfeast.

I would Trust Anderson for the rest of the year. hell i would trust Bryn in the trackie
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Ethel
Novice

Post by Ethel »

I am staying
Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Ethel wrote:I am staying
You think so?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ethel wrote:I am staying
Thank God for that. Tell us Ethel, have you been putting something in his tay to render him mute? It's working a treat. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I'd have Codling back

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

His post-defeat demeanour against Edinburgh and Scarlets was not, to me, that of a man determined to stay for the long haul and to put things right.

In fact, he’s never looked like he wanted to be in Belfast from day 1.

The only discernible change he’s made to the pack has been his shameful treatment of 2MP and Clive Ross, leading only to the (presumably unintended) positive consequence of us progressing in the B and I.

I’d pay for his ticket back to NZ myself (as long as it was cattle class with minimal legroom on a very roundabout route).

BBL
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

justinr73 wrote:His post-defeat demeanour against Edinburgh and Scarlets was not, to me, that of a man determined to stay for the long haul and to put things right.

In fact, he’s never looked like he wanted to be in Belfast from day 1.

The only discernible change he’s made to the pack has been his shameful treatment of 2MP and Clive Ross, leading only to the (presumably unintended) positive consequence of us progressing in the B and I.

I’d pay for his ticket back to NZ myself (as long as it was cattle class with minimal legroom on a very roundabout route).

BBL
Not a hill I'd die on. Neither are good enough, never will be.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/provi ... ugby-coach

You have to think he has had this sorted for months.

Get rid now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, no family tragedy then? I hereby cancel my apology.

#FOJG

Jaysus but things must be bad when a professional coach takes a step to the rough equivalent of the AIL to escape the sham/shambles at Camp Spanners.

My advice to Ulster Rugby is as follows: BUY LOCAL, then if it's shyte it's our shyte, enough of clowns from the antipodes who just make things worse. Last Local, McGlock, I still think that removing him for Anscombe was a disgrace, let's have no more 2nd rate foreigners, I'd rather have a 3rd rate Ulsterman who would at least buy into his home province, as Gibbes is doing now.

Antipodean coaches at Ulster:

STA - a charlatan in coaches clothing, talked a good game and....................er, that's yer lot.
Anscombe - alcohol and coaching eh? And let's not forget that racist mobile phone. Got a decent season on the back of a team who made the Heiny final and a boost from the players' reaction to Nevin's sad demise, then ..........nada
FOLK - allegedly a nice man which means that was his one "talent", a mumbo-jumbo spouting clown
JG - Oh FFFS :duh: :duh: :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Kiwis cant trust the feckers.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

There may well be family reasons for a return to ones homeland I myself have been in a similar position but I will take some convincing that Waikato only approached Jonno after he had walked into Bryn's office and gone on record for needing to return home for the sake of his family. On that front I wish you well....

The trip back home may not have been to talk about the Ozzie job with his mate but instead to check out his home club or indeed when at home someone might have put it to him.... either way we lost him at Xmas or if you listen to some leaks from some players though friends he has been expressing his view from before.... If he seen the mess then fine and I hope if he is spoken to that he gives an honest assessment given he stays with us until season end.. At the same time fecking off is a viable option.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Disappointed by this. I thought Jonno was going to be the business. At the same time I don't really blame him. He probably didn't realise what a shambles we are until he arrived.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?