Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: Gibbes Waikato bound - confirmed

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Anything else your boycotting
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 68573.html

Gibbes interview to the Bel Tele after he announced he was leaving. Think it is fair to say that unless circumstances at home have changed (which of course they may have done) then this interview and speaking to La Rochelle now about a role for next season don’t quite add up..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Anything else your boycotting
There was a list going but it was too hard to maintain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rockrugger
Novice

Post by Rockrugger »

thecrouch wrote:Talk of Gibbes going to La Rochelle, reported by lequipe.

Ulster should kick up an almighty fuss if true.
La Rochelle now in N Zealand- he has ‘ gone to La Rochelle for family reasons’.
Just great a couple of days before Ulster’s play off game- shows how much he cares!
Clearly ‘ family reasons’ dictated!
Gibbs just another Kiwi in the tradition of Afoa who was allowed by Humphries to go back and forth to NZ for ‘family reasons’.
Apparently he missed NZ.
Then he signed for The Cherries and Whites, was followed there by Humphries and stayed for 4 seasons. Now he he travelling home to NZ via Bristol - no doubt ‘family reasons’ dictate!
What is it about Ulster and Kiwi’s,(J Payne apart)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

It’s simple. It’s deeply ingrained in their DNA. All Kiwis hold a deep hatred for Ulster. They blame us for colonising their wet and miserable shytehole (much like here), forcing them to live in a far flung sheep station which is only famous for Manuka honey and Kiri Te Kenawa (not Tanita Tikaram).
Feck Gibbes.
I don’t know the entire story but it looks like he had a better offer from La Roche and spun Bryn The Gullable a hen’s yarn.
Yet another sorry chapter in the formidable tome titled ‘How Amateurs Ruined Ulster Rugby’

It’s getting more difficult by the day to keep faith in Bryn.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport/201 ... helle.html

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/pro ... kato-rugby

IF true that is really poor from him, however things may have changed on the Domestic front and he wants to listen to other offers, he knows what a shît show we are, so , I would understand his frustration. Still does not help our cause this weekend and if true treachery at its highest level, but only if, I await and see,

Have to say, if there was no truth in it and UR have been asked to comment and feel “no comment” is the best way two days away from our most important game since 1999, then the person who decided that call is a fucing idiot.

“ no there is absolutely no truth in that story and Jono is 100% committed to get the team prepared for this vital game”

Or “no comment”

Again, can it get any worse.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tele reporting that he's not going to ASR
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

BR wrote:Tele reporting that he's not going to ASR
Out of courtesy he went to France and talked with them :roll: no such courtesy to his current employer then.

“Thank you but I have already got a job in NZ and I don’t want to be away from home, thank you but no thanks, not that hard you would think”
You may know my sister, Dot
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Polly Cotton wrote:
BR wrote:Tele reporting that he's not going to ASR
Out of courtesy he went to France and talked with them :roll: no such courtesy to his current employer then.

“Thank you but I have already got a job in NZ and I don’t want to be away from home, thank you but no thanks, not that hard you would think”
Thank you, I'm a bit busy this week I could come on Monday would that suit?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

His internet was broken and he lost his phone so it was just easier to fly to France.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Deraless wrote:His internet was broken and he lost his phone so it was just easier to fly to France.

Well if he learnt anything from his Ulster experience it would have been to delete this whatsapp messages before handing in his phone to the repair shop... :roll:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

So apparently going and one must seriously question a few days before our biggest game since the HEC Final that he can allow himself to go off for an interview that could have waited and indeed we could have insure he had a meeting to attend that day... some need to look at themselves.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

To be honest it would take more than a day to rectify what’s wrong in Ulster but Two words to Logan would be the best place to start .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

He is still going to LAR another treacherous kiwi
Last edited by Kofi Annan on Sun May 20, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

In the interests of fairness, and while I think we can’t get him off the premises quick enough, I heard a contrary view the other day - short version rugby’s a business, can’t blame the guy for at least talking to someone offering a massive paycheque, and can’t blame him for wanting out of Ulster as he was told a bunch of lies to get him here in the first place... unfortunately that’s where the conversation ended so I’m none the wiser as to what he was supposedly told (but if Logan was involved unsurprising tbh)
..one more thing