Champions Cup Quaification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cracker
Squire

Champions Cup Quaification

Post by Cracker »

Correct me if I'm wrong. If we sadly finish in fourth place in the league we should then qualify for a play off place against the fourth place in the other league which as it stands will be the fifth place team as Cheetahs don't qualify. With the highest points total we should have a home draw or is it played on a home and away basis
Advise please from those more knowledgeable that I am.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Champions Cup Quaification

Post by big mervyn »

Cracker wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. If we sadly finish in fourth place in the league we should then qualify for a play off place against the fourth place in the other league which as it stands will be the fifth place team as Cheetahs don't qualify. With the highest points total we should have a home draw or is it played on a home and away basis
I think this has been covered elsewhere and you are correct. Should be a home draw.

Woo hoo!!! Knock-out rugby :roll:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Well unless UR give me a free ticket I will not go to such a game, UR should give something back to the fans.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:Well unless UR give me a free ticket I will not go to such a game, UR should give something back to the fans.
There's an awful lot of elbow room at Ravenhill these days.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Cracker wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong. If we sadly finish in fourth place in the league we should then qualify for a play off place against the fourth place in the other league which as it stands will be the fifth place team as Cheetahs don't qualify. With the highest points total we should have a home draw or is it played on a home and away basis
Spot on. Should be a free one for ST holders!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Neill_M wrote:
Any source for that Neill or is that just an assumption? What's the likely w/e for the fixture?
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Any source for that Neill or is that just an assumption? What's the likely w/e for the fixture?
So only guess work, either May 4/5/6 or May 18/19/20 for such a game. Who knows if Ulster charge for it?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Off to Vegas on the 14th May for a bit of a road trip so may or may not make that one. Can't say I'll be losing much sleep over it :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

A flute band and Mickey Marleys roundabout would not drag me to that game
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:A flute band and Mickey Marleys roundabout would not drag me to that game
Player sponsorship with Micky Marley..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
I think this has been covered elsewhere and you are correct. Should be a home draw.

Woo hoo!!! Knock-out rugby :roll:
We currently have a points advantage of 15 or 16 over Connacht (5th in the strong section) and believe it or not, actually gained a point on them last night. Ospreys who I refuse to believe are as bad as they appear have closed on Connacht with a couple of points, Caaaaadiff with us at home may well be favourites for automatic qualification though only a point ahead of Connacht & 3 ahead of Ospreys.

However given the injury profile and current form, will we win another match? Two home games against Weegies & Ospreys and 4 away Scaaaalets, Embra, Caaaaaaadiff & Munster. Right now I'd struggle to see where we find 1 or 2 wins out of that.

Like Kofi I will not be at that match home or away, thank Christ I will have emigrated by then - said with fingers crossed for no late hitches. :roll:

If anyone thinks this is overly pessimistic, try picking a team from the currently fit players that would beat a team of aggressive grannies or 15 dustbins.

Finally, lest anyone forget, he may be gone but this is where that fuc'king numpty Kiss has dragged us to over two utterly appalling seasons of the destruction of a relatively competitive squad. Others have played a part in our downfall but Kiss takes the prize as lead fu'ckwit.

Not a reign of terror, a reign of utter incompetence :banghead: .
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've just heard from a friend in high places that tickets will be free to ST holders, further attendance is compulsory.

#getbehindtheboys
#believe
#SUFTUM
#SDCorbust
#fuc'ktheParkerPen
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I wouldn't mind at all losing the play off. The Parker Pen not quite so super duper cup is the only thing we have a chance of winning in the next few years.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I am supremely confident about a home playoff. The lads would be well up for it, plus the Fortress Ravenhill factor. We haven't been bested in such a match for about 16 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The kicking challenge was a barometer for where UR are at the moment.
Big Neville Southall