We just lost to Edinburgh

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: We just lost to Edinburgh

Post by shamalicious »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:It’s pitiful watching the game by game decline of the once great Tommy Bowe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He should hang up the boots now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Ordinarily I'd agree but we're now looking low on wingers!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

How did Olding play?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

I wonder what Luke Marshall makes of Rodney's tackling. No-one gave more than Luke tonight and no-one gave less than Rodders.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yeh but Rodders wasn't on for long.. but Rory rates him
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

A year in the Parker Pen will do us no harm

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cockatrice wrote:Yeh but Rodders wasn't on for long.. but Rory rates him
Beginning to doubt Rory's character references.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

#Notmycharacterreference
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Jackie Brown wrote:A year in the Parker Pen will do us no harm

I agree, although we joked with some mates that we'd probably lose in the final to Gloucester Image
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Hope some of the local club 10s put in a good show tomorrow as we'll need one next week by the look of things.
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

LArne 10 already called into camp
You may know my sister, Dot
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

That was woeful.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:Is it just bad luck with injuries or is our S&D past it’s sell by date.....

Rodney once again proves he is a waste and not sure Iron Man Deysel is much better...
In the heyday of the 2011/2012 season we lost 3 in a row before the Heiny, culminating in a 23-12 loss at home to Treviso. Our 1-9 that day compared to the Munster QF team was missing Court, Best, afoa, muller, Ferris and Ruan.

So basically we have always been pretty poor Strength in depth wise. We were blessed that season with lots of luck injury wise in many of the key games, particularly upfront. We have been paying for that ever since though....
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

we weren’t good, but this is the best Edinburgh side in years. Recently beaten Leinster(‘s C team), Glasgow and Stade Francais
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Yeh but Rodders wasn't on for long.. but Rory rates him
Beginning to doubt Rory's character references.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
FFFS Jean, don't be saying that there are two outhalfs in the high court relying on Rory's reference.

LOOK .......Tommy, FFFS, when young M'Phillips passed into touch Tommy was on his heels, the young lad rightly expected him on his toes going forward :duh: ............everything Tommy did in the game was negative :duh: :duh: .........then he lost a game that we deserved to lose, but shouldn't have but for his fu'ck up. :duh: :duh: :duh: Good God in Heaven, Tommy Bowe ...........just go. Trimby must be showing absolutely nothing in training to be behind Tommy in the pecking order, at least the GLU tackles.

LOOK ........................ Cockers ........ no, not you, I hope we are at least talking to him. I was with an Edinburgh fan tonight who is a friend of a friend and he said they were down to their 4th choice props & 5th choice hooker. Cockers has that team playing as a team, two weeks in a row they have been losing with 2 points their likely gain, instead, they got 9.

I can see no way of Ulster getting past them, injuries alone have killed the season, we are really down now to the bones of our arses, Cooney at 10? Who plays on the wings?

Ah .................LOOK, it's been a shyte season............... FOLK discovered last season that McCloskey & NHL are two stout-hearted players who will give you what they have, but there is not an ounce of creativity in their partnership, and outside them tonight :duh: :duh: :duh: ...................... just nothing.

Deysel????? stripped of the ball 3 times by my count.

Then you have Rodney :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: what a stupid basterd, the one time we get into their 22 in the second half, the pack had already got their ballcarrier in touch according to a pal in the grandstand ......... enter Rodney, stage left, in from the side so instead of our lineout they get a penalty. Moron.

4 kicks charged down from the 2 scrum halfs, 2 each.WTF

When people mock those of us who believe Cave should be playing, let me explain why, he is one of the very few players Ulster have who is in possession of a rugby brain. After about 10 minutes of the 2nd half I realised that Cockers had the game sussed, all Embra had to do was close down McCloskey & Marshall ...........admittedly not the most difficult of tasks as they are as a pair as sharp as a balloon................ because we had literally nothing to offer outside them, so I sat hoped Conney could win it ........................ but I hadn't allowed for Rodney & Tommy throwing the game away through just really really dumb rugby.

To put the tin hat on it, when they brought on wee fat Weir, much to the disgust of my Embra pal, I knew exactly the manner of our defeat................and so it fu'cking came to pass.

So then 7th SDC playoff against Connacht, Ospreys or Caaaaaaadiff.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

+ Luke incredible performance ...
Cooney, class act, nuff said.

Bye ball - timoney and Ludi, AOC and big Stu.

The rest. Tried hard, gave a lot. Not good enough to make a dent in this league.

Once Gillers went off they knew we had feck all on each wing so they played agsinst 13. Once mcphillips went off i knew wed lose. We're not up to this. Stop singing Suftum and wake up.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"