We just lost to Edinburgh

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: We just lost to Edinburgh

Post by Dave »

Nigel is dung
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Dharper wrote:The only possible plus would be there really would be no doubt that radical changes would be needed in order to go forward. A swap of JG for LK and getting rid of a few out of contract daves isn’t going to cut it....I have no doubt there are people who don’t want, and won’t accept there are lessons to be learnt.

I would love, but am not expecting, a raft of changes (personnel staff/players) announced during the off season with a mission statement telling everyone what UR is going to built on going forward.....young local players, ambitious irish players, excellent NIQ who have the ability but also the right character (genuine buy in) to represent the province, coaching excellence. If that was forthcoming and a genuine aim not a soundbite, I don’t think genuine fans would give out.
Never fear, read the article in the link posted previously above.

Esportif are already on it Image, maybe as a favour to their old colleague Bryn.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

muscles wrote:The capability review needs to be overseen by someone independent of all those who have got us to where we are. An external professional is needed. A new CEO is likely to be one of the outcomes.
I'm sure Esportif are already on it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Root and branch review of UR brought about by 1F and the Irish Indo even though we've all been saying it for at least the last year...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

All depends on who does the reviewing.
If it's the same Muppets again, we'll just have another false dawn. An intervention from the parent company is required (much as I revile the IRFU).
Different review team, different terms of reference, blank page starting point, nobody's position is ring fenced for protection. That would do for starters.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:All depends on who does the reviewing.
If it's the same Muppets again, we'll just have another false dawn. An intervention from the parent company is required (much as I revile the IRFU).
Different review team, different terms of reference, blank page starting point, nobody's position is ring fenced for protection. That would do for starters.
Not sure that will happen snipe but it needs done... a professional game needs run by professionals not a part-time committee of amateurs but then again that’s why they put Bryn in place.. in turn from what I understand it was he that was charged with the 2014 overhaul..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Amiga500 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:he came from Esportif did he not so should have his finger on the pulse..
The pulse of what?
His wab......
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

But you know that will never happen. There has to be a clear rid out, a divide between the domestic game and Pro game , there is not that , but there is those , the ex presidents and committee men who actually believe that they run the PRO team. A clear division is needed, yes some can volunteer their time, but it has to be driven by the people who know how to run a pro team, nor retired school teachers and bankers.

Logan has done some good, but like everything there is a shelf life, his has expired.

Personally , drop the DOR tag, let Bryn run the pro team, let Gibbs coach it ( however I feel he too may be out of his depth) and the others ie Commercial and Pro game board get on with it.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
But you know that will never happen. There has to be a clear rid out, a divide between the domestic game and Pro game , there is not that , but there is those , the ex presidents and committee men who actually believe that they run the PRO team. A clear division is needed, yes some can volunteer their time, but it has to be driven by the people who know how to run a pro team, nor retired school teachers and bankers.

Logan has done some good, but like everything there is a shelf life, his has expired.

Personally , drop the DOR tag, let Bryn run the pro team, let Gibbs coach it ( however I feel he too may be out of his depth) and the others ie Commercial and Pro game board get on with it.
Preach Ger, I wouldn't let a banker near it, trust me, they are all completely amoral & lacking any proper ethics when you go above middle-management.

I know from long experience that their high headjins view everything on a short-term basis, hoping to achieve something double quick so they can take their bonus and move on to the next rung of the ladder before the crap of what they do shakes out and they are found to be puffed-upwankstains.

Teachers? Give me a break, spend all their lives with kids & yutes, many but not all fail to make the jump to adulthood themselves, I'd trust them marginally more than bankers but it's a close-run thing.

I agree 100% with your proposed structure, something I've said myself several times, save 2 salaries and appoint some worthy to run the rest of Ulster Rugby "the Pravince".

I think people need to grasp that there will be no quick fix, we are in a parlous state, KISS & WD Slogan have brought about a nosedive in our competitiveness. That is not to say that things won't improve, the return of Paddy Jackson would be a major boost, the seemingly more solid defence under Jono and others will help if it becomes the norm. Jordi & Marty will hopefully be two nailed on starters and watching Jordi last Saturday, he is a breakdown operator very badly needed.

But we remain awash with Daves, some sadly contracted for at least another season, we have some decent players but for example, Big Stu & NHL are valuable solid players but neither have an ounce of creativity. The retirements of Bowe, pain & possibly Trimble will leave vast gaps in experience and especially in Payne's case fantastic ability, in GLU's case one of our most whole-hearted players ever, The Greatest Living Ulsterman and a man I cannot help but think was dreadfully badly managed by that fuc'ker FOLK and perhaps by Peel.

Brothers & Sisters, I tell you this, it's going to take time and good people making correct calls, I hope we have enough of them in the right places.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So good I posted twice. :roll:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

I wonder do any of our signings for next year have get-out clauses if we don't make the Champions Cup...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

shamalicious wrote:I wonder do any of our signings for next year have get-out clauses if we don't make the Champions Cup...

I can confirm that they do. If we fail to qualify for the Champions Cup, all new signings have the right to exit their contracts from 25th December. It's known as the Santa clause. :duck:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

shamalicious wrote:I wonder do any of our signings for next year have get-out clauses if we don't make the Champions Cup...

Who have we signed?

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:

Who have we signed?

Jordi and Marty
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

promenader 2 wrote:

I can confirm that they do. If we fail to qualify for the Champions Cup, all new signings have the right to exit their contracts from 25th December. It's known as the Santa clause. :duck:
Similar get out for ST holders known as the sanity claus.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall