Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 17 users online :: 7 registered, 1 hidden and 9 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], Dave, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 656139
Total topics 19105
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 16 votes
  

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:15 am

Kofi Annan wrote:We , are a fûcking joke, we try to sign a coach under contract with someone else=and believe they will roll over, I don’t want Carberry , but by fûck IRFU have messed this up with the sacking of GP, sad to say but if Sexton was to miss the WC I would laugh my balls off.

Nucifuckwank will go after the WC that’s a given, wait until then to see the mess, Nucifuckwank is an arrogant Cnut and will leave us (Ireland in a mess) ah well job for Logan then
Shirley the first question in the interview should have been, are you able to start in June?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Setanta » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:16 am

I would very much like to know who the wise men were that decided to revoke the contracts and if anyone stood up for the Gentlemen.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4613
Images: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Bart S » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 am

Russ wrote:
davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp
There has been a massive sea change in the messaging for d4 tours since Joey shat the bed live on Aussie tv

Panic stations have set in
There'll be protests at D4s gate when he's named in the November series

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



When did Nucifora or anyone else from the IRFU actually say that PJ would not play for ireland ever again? He has signed a 2 year deal with Perpignan. I would hope that unless Perpignan got relegated he would see that out if they wanted him too, given the faith they have shown in him. He won’t be picked for the world cup anyway. If Carbery bombs then Byrne could well be back up, with Carbery as utility/3rd choice.

If PJ comes back to Ireland it will be after at least a couple of years.

As for the no.10 situation, IRFU blocked Jantjes and Carbery then didn’t deliver for them by moving north, so they do have some responsibility to find a solution.
User avatar
Bart S
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3188
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Gary » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:24 am

davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp



Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.
"What's the requirement of my job? I don't have to be very clever, I don't have to know that much," - David Davis, Minister for Fecking Up Brexit
User avatar
Gary
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3533
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:49 pm
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Re: Replacement 10

Postby ColinM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:32 am

Gary wrote:
davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp



Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.



So we'll sign some 'never has been, never will be' with an Irish granny to block our talent instead of a current Springbok international who might, just might, mentor our up and coming players.

I'll just leave this here for old times sake...

Ruaidhri is a highly talented young Irish prop whose experience of Super Rugby will bring an extra dimension to our front row next season.



“I am delighted that he is joining us and I have no doubt that he will be a huge success at Ravenhill in the coming years.
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby bangorboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:06 pm

ColinM wrote:
Gary wrote:
davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp



Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.



So we'll sign some 'never has been, never will be' with an Irish granny to block our talent instead of a current Springbok international who might, just might, mentor our up and coming players.

I'll just leave this here for old times sake...

Ruaidhri is a highly talented young Irish prop whose experience of Super Rugby will bring an extra dimension to our front row next season.



“I am delighted that he is joining us and I have no doubt that he will be a huge success at Ravenhill in the coming years.


I can beat that easily...

"We are delighted to bring Brett into the Ulster environment.

"He has undoubted potential, with an array of skills and real line-breaking ability, which we aim to explore further. With the depth of International-class outhalves at Bath, Brett's opportunities have been limited to the 'A' team and Rosslyn Park, where he has excelled.

"An injury curtailed his almost certain starting berth for England in the U20 World Cup.
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
User avatar
bangorboy
Steward
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby bangorboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Or maybe this one...

Ulster team manager Bryn Cunningham said: "Sam is an intelligent and very professional individual and it is his control of the game that we have been most impressed with.

"At 27 he has the experience to make an impact within the squad right from the off and we are fully expecting him to challenge for a starting position within the squad."
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
User avatar
bangorboy
Steward
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby ColinM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:18 pm

bangorboy wrote:Or maybe this one...

Ulster team manager Bryn Cunningham said: "Sam is an intelligent and very professional individual and it is his control of the game that we have been most impressed with.

"At 27 he has the experience to make an impact within the squad right from the off and we are fully expecting him to challenge for a starting position within the squad."



Touche.

After your Brett quote I was trying to think of another. I knew we'd signed him but he was so forgettable I couldn't even remember his name.
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby bangorboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:20 pm

ColinM wrote:
bangorboy wrote:Or maybe this one...

Ulster team manager Bryn Cunningham said: "Sam is an intelligent and very professional individual and it is his control of the game that we have been most impressed with.

"At 27 he has the experience to make an impact within the squad right from the off and we are fully expecting him to challenge for a starting position within the squad."



Touche.

After your Brett quote I was trying to think of another. I knew we'd signed him but he was so forgettable I couldn't even remember his name.


Actually on a slow work day this is quite fun... apparrently we signed a prop called Dave Ryan on a 2 year deal a few years back. A quick wiki check showed he made 0 appearances.

David Humphreys, Ulster's Director of Rugby, believes Ryan will be a valuable addition to Mark Anscombe's squad.

"Dave is an experienced Irish prop with solid experience in both the Pro12 and Europe," he said.

"He adds further squad strength to the key position of tighthead prop and I have no doubt that he will be a huge success at Ravenhill."
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
User avatar
bangorboy
Steward
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Operations Director, Bryn Cunningham, added:

"Rodney is an exciting addition to the Ulster squad for next season. His dynamism and ball-carrying ability in the loose will add an extra dimension to our play and gives us another option for the increasingly high demands of professional rugby."
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18271
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby ColinM » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Dave Ryan and Ruaidhri were responsible for the definition of the word Dave on this forum. At least they served one purpose.
User avatar
ColinM
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7857
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby bangorboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:47 pm

ColinM wrote:Dave Ryan and Ruaidhri were responsible for the definition of the word Dave on this forum. At least they served one purpose.


To be fair they were great at halftime photos with the kids. It was the only time they ever got on the pitch though...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
User avatar
bangorboy
Steward
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Russ » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Gary wrote:
davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp



Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.
Munster already has 5 of those

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28177
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Replacement 10

Postby TopPoster » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Gary wrote:
davejohnston wrote:Irish Times reporting that the IRFU are still seeking an Irish solution to the no. 10 posistion, but it’s not one of Munsters, Madigan or Steenson. I take this to mean they are searching for a SH player with Irish grandparents. We also might get a shot at destroying Farrells coaching reputation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 6?mode=amp



Which would mean we're likely to end up with a 10 who is signed mainly because his granny was Irish. The fact that he might be a useless tosser is neither here nor there. For feck's sake, let's stick with what we got and build for the future.


Exactly. What’s the fcuking point if they are go to be something like 7th in the IQ out-half pecking order. It’s not like they’ll ever see a hint of an Irish jersey. So why not a much better NIQ who could mentor McP (at least until Paddy returns from France in 2 years....)
User avatar
TopPoster
Novice
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Setanta » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:27 pm

What they all said!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
User avatar
Setanta
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4613
Images: 7
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Switzerland

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->