Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

May 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 11 registered, 1 hidden and 32 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Joe Schmo, Majestic-12 [Bot], promenader 2, pwrmoore, SemrushBot, stu, waggonsroll, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 639622
Total topics 18938
Total members 2900
Our newest member magnummax

Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 10 votes
  

Re: Replacement 10

Postby stickinout » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Dharper wrote:Rodders is out of contract end of season.

Very excited for next season. Hopefully Dave clearance continues. The kids have done well generally this season and got better with growing exposure hopefully this will be extended and built on next yr. UR cannot rely on money or hand outs for long term success, most of our problems and solutions are within Ulster. Excited for older players too - the chance to play with young enthusiastic players, to help build something beyond their own talent or career. Let’s do it our way. We’ll turn it around together. The value of that shirt is an absolute non Negotiable for any player wearing it. That has not been upheld....clean slate, clear the decks. A few reliable old heads with the right attitude/culture, and the young guns, continuing to build.



I'll have a pint of whatever happy juice you're on DH. Your positivity and optimism is dripping from your post. i'm more of a glass half empty bloke, we've a tough few years ahead of us. I'd like to see Ulstermen coming to the fore, do it our way.
User avatar
stickinout
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby BaggyTrousers » Thu May 17, 2018 9:30 am

Having optimism for next season is a rough equivalence of belief in the tooth fairy, I shagged her sister by the way, and the best I can muster is, IF Slogan goes this month & IF McFarland is rescued from the grip of the parsimonious SRU by mid-summer & IF Bryn assumes the role of CEO Pro-Rugby & IF Girrid stayed as defence coach & if Marcell's knee survives first contact & IF big Dan picks the team without listening to Peel & IF Peel is shown the door, & IF some of our nippers make it ............... then in about 5 years time we might have something of a team .............. in the meantime, I live with a soul full of hope, a mind that says this is going to be rough and an expectation of substantial disappointment and the realsiation that soon my soul full of hope will turn into a hole full of soap.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28489
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby jean valjean » Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 am

Wee Joey gets to start his biggest club game of the year......at 15. Either he is definitely moving or Leinster continue to do just what they want.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Russ » Fri May 18, 2018 7:50 am

jean valjean wrote:Wee Joey gets to start his biggest club game of the year......at 15. Either he is definitely moving or Leinster continue to do just what they want.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Did janny the loops himmy get better?
Or has Byrne been selected at 10?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27133
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Replacement 10

Postby jean valjean » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 am

Rumours Byrne starting at 10.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Jackie Brown » Fri May 18, 2018 11:17 am

jean valjean wrote:Rumours Byrne starting at 10.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Well you play the best players you have available. JC is Madigan mk2.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10444
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

Re: Replacement 10

Postby stickinout » Fri May 18, 2018 12:49 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:Having optimism for next season is a rough equivalence of belief in the tooth fairy, I shagged her sister by the way, and the best I can muster is, IF Slogan goes this month & IF McFarland is rescued from the grip of the parsimonious SRU by mid-summer & IF Bryn assumes the role of CEO Pro-Rugby & IF Girrid stayed as defence coach & if Marcell's knee survives first contact & IF big Dan picks the team without listening to Peel & IF Peel is shown the door, & IF some of our nippers make it ............... then in about 5 years time we might have something of a team .............. in the meantime, I live with a soul full of hope, a mind that says this is going to be rough and an expectation of substantial disappointment and the realsiation that soon my soul full of hope will turn into a hole full of soap.



I know you're as gay as the next man Baggy, i just hope you don't mind me saying:

f@ck me sideways Baggy, that's a lot of IFs.

When you see it in black and white like above, it really is a f@cking long shot for the next few seasons...... i'm away for some happy pills.
User avatar
stickinout
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1668
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:21 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm

stickinout wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Having optimism for next season is a rough equivalence of belief in the tooth fairy, I shagged her sister by the way, and the best I can muster is, IF Slogan goes this month & IF McFarland is rescued from the grip of the parsimonious SRU by mid-summer & IF Bryn assumes the role of CEO Pro-Rugby & IF Girrid stayed as defence coach & if Marcell's knee survives first contact & IF big Dan picks the team without listening to Peel & IF Peel is shown the door, & IF some of our nippers make it ............... then in about 5 years time we might have something of a team .............. in the meantime, I live with a soul full of hope, a mind that says this is going to be rough and an expectation of substantial disappointment and the realsiation that soon my soul full of hope will turn into a hole full of soap.



I know you're as gay as the next man Baggy, i just hope you don't mind me saying:

f@ck me sideways Baggy, that's a lot of IFs.

When you see it in black and white like above, it really is a f@cking long shot for the next few seasons...... i'm away for some happy pills.


I believe we have nothing concrete, just "IFs", no optimism whatsoever, especially not about Sunday, too many good operators in that Ospreys pack against our threadbare pack.

Strap in for a bumpy ride. I think Dan McFarland has both the opportunity of a lifetime given the only way is up, but also balls of steel for unless he's had some promises (& obviously not from Slogan), then he has a bloody hard road, mostly uphill.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28489
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Bring Humph On!! » Fri May 18, 2018 1:16 pm

You know what they say, you can do nothing with if!!

There are things out of our control but there are some “ifs” we can control ...

Dan - make sure he is here for start of preseason. That is within our control. If SRU want the compensation then pay it. We can’t start another campaign without the head coach in place. Bryn/IRFU get it sorted.

Logan - that can be sorted & listening to a few different people will be sorted soon with Hamilton taking over the reigns.

Coaching set up - another that is within our control. I’m quite sure Dan & Bryn have been in regular contact about who Dan wants in place both from a coaching &playing staff POV. On the playing side of things it may actually be an easier task getting rid of who he doesn’t want at the club for the start of pre season. Bringing players in is never easy as there are many variables.

I wonder who Bryn was meeting at The Dunadry yesterday? Anyone know.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."



IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
User avatar
Bring Humph On!!
Squire
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Cockatrice » Fri May 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Bring Humph On!! wrote:You know what they say, you can do nothing with if!!

There are things out of our control but there are some “ifs” we can control ...

Dan - make sure he is here for start of preseason. That is within our control. If SRU want the compensation then pay it. We can’t start another campaign without the head coach in place. Bryn/IRFU get it sorted.

Logan - that can be sorted & listening to a few different people will be sorted soon with Hamilton taking over the reigns.

Coaching set up - another that is within our control. I’m quite sure Dan & Bryn have been in regular contact about who Dan wants in place both from a coaching &playing staff POV. On the playing side of things it may actually be an easier task getting rid of who he doesn’t want at the club for the start of pre season. Bringing players in is never easy as there are many variables.

I wonder who Bryn was meeting at The Dunadry yesterday? Anyone know.


in terms of control..

When Dan comes will be a matter entirely for the SRU and only if the IRFY meet their demands..
Where is the evidence that Hamilton is taking over the reigns..
What say is Dan having as to who he wants at 10 next year with the IRFU already 'forcing' either Carbery or Bryne to come north.. maybe he would like to give McPhillips the chance or he sees that Lowry can make the step up by next year. With a number of signings already made what is the likelihood that there will be much for the coach to bring in over the summer..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7600
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Bring Humph On!! » Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:You know what they say, you can do nothing with if!!

There are things out of our control but there are some “ifs” we can control ...

Dan - make sure he is here for start of preseason. That is within our control. If SRU want the compensation then pay it. We can’t start another campaign without the head coach in place. Bryn/IRFU get it sorted.

Logan - that can be sorted & listening to a few different people will be sorted soon with Hamilton taking over the reigns.

Coaching set up - another that is within our control. I’m quite sure Dan & Bryn have been in regular contact about who Dan wants in place both from a coaching &playing staff POV. On the playing side of things it may actually be an easier task getting rid of who he doesn’t want at the club for the start of pre season. Bringing players in is never easy as there are many variables.

I wonder who Bryn was meeting at The Dunadry yesterday? Anyone know.


in terms of control..

When Dan comes will be a matter entirely for the SRU and only if the IRFY meet their demands.. it doesn’t suit SRU to keep Dan for the sake of rubbing our noses in it. This is a game is poker - only my opinion obviously. My point was let’s not mess around, find out what figure is required & get the early release arranged.
Where is the evidence that Hamilton is taking over the reigns.. I don’t have any evidence per se ... just listening to people talking - the dogs in the street I think is the term used round these parts. Some of the people mentioning Logan out/Hamilton in would have reasonably close links to UR. But it is rumour only at this stage
What say is Dan having as to who he wants at 10 next year with the IRFU already 'forcing' either Carbery or Bryne to come north.. maybe he would like to give McPhillips the chance or he sees that Lowry can make the step up by next year. With a number of signings already made what is the likelihood that there will be much for the coach to bring in over the summer.. i don’t imagine anyone will be “forced” to move anywhere. It fits Ireland’s RWC preparations to have IQ 10’s playing at 10 for the provinces. It may be something Dan fancies at Ulster, or maybe not. I would imagine there will be another signing or 2 before the season starts ... not necessarily world beaters but there is room being made in the squad & the budget for further additions. I would imagine Dan will have his own view on some of our “Dave’s” & whether he sees potential in them or not.


This is all guesswork & rumour on our part because, it’s a bit of fun. I don’t profess to know what is going on behind closed doors at Ravenspan but I do know that Bryn met someone at The Dunadry yesterday and they didn’t appear to want to be seen in public together. A new player? A new coach? Who knows.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."



IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
User avatar
Bring Humph On!!
Squire
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Fri May 18, 2018 2:36 pm

Bring Humph On!! wrote:I wonder who Bryn was meeting at The Dunadry yesterday? Anyone know.

Yes
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12727
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Fri May 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Bring Humph On!! wrote:I would imagine there will be another signing or 2 before the season starts ... not necessarily world beaters ....

I think if We make any new signings in the next couple of months, you can remove the word "necessarily" from that bit above.

Quality players are already under contract for next season, so who is left to sign at this stage?

Unless we're gonna buy such a player out of their contract too! :shock:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12727
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Replacement 10

Postby pwrmoore » Fri May 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:I wonder who Bryn was meeting at The Dunadry yesterday? Anyone know.

Yes


Anyone other than Bryn and the person he met?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11515
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: Replacement 10

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Fri May 18, 2018 2:58 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:I wonder who Bryn was meeting at The Dunadry yesterday? Anyone know.

Yes


Anyone other than Bryn and the person he met?

Damn you PWR .... you know me too well. :twisted:

I could persist with "yes" though, but not with 100% certainty. :duck:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12727
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Google [Bot], promenader 2, pwrmoore, SemrushBot, stu, YandexBot and 24 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->