Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by rumncoke »

Snipe

Ruan wouldn't be coming as a first choice but cover for 10 and 9

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Snipe Watson wrote:I'm not convinced about Ruan at 10.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
Me neither, but what about as a 9, 10 and coaching mentor? Weigh that up against who we might end up getting before a World cup?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
'Never want to see him at 10 again' was the consensus here iirc.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:

Agreed

I'd say that was the consensus alright. Maybe we had different standards then BR? We certainly weren't in the situation we now find ourselves in.
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

stickinout wrote:

Me neither, but what about as a 9, 10 and coaching mentor? Weigh that up against who we might end up getting before a World cup?
Fills my AN Other slot perfectly:
TopPoster wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:IMHO... with cooney at 9 and a real rugby player at 12 (say Lele). J McP could come to bs a very competent 10 for ulster for years.
How about 9 Cooney, 10 McPhillips, 11 Stockdale, 12 NHL, 13 Cave, 14 Big Stu, 15 Gilroy. 21 AN Other, 22 Addison, 23 Ludik. Cooney to cover 10.
9 Cooney, 10 McPhillips, 11 Stockdale, 12 NHL, 13 Cave, 14 Big Stu, 15 Gilroy. 21 St Raun, 22 Addison, 23 Ludik
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

BR wrote:
Russ wrote:

Agreed

Think that was because if Ruan was playing 10, it meant p was playing 9. :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:If we had a different CEO, say just for the sake of it, let me think, Gordy Hamilton, would it make any difference to our relationship with the IRFU? Just wondering like.
Gordy would probably be worse in the eyes of the IRFU, they didn't exactly part company on good terms
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

rumncoke wrote:Black - South African no difference it was never the point I was making the importance placed on the that description is of your making not mine .

That he is another Carberry is the point he is a running brainfart .

And the length of contract he would be seeking for what could be a one season mess .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Once again I hate to keep pointing out your incredible witlessness of not only rugby but it seems the world we live in ... Jantjies is NOT BLACK in South Africa you muppet ... If you keep using incorrect words reasoning and unfathomable ignorance to try and support what ever the feck your wee mind wants to get out you cant expect anyone to ever take you seriously, no matter how much gravitas you ascribe to your own utterings.

You have been helped .. alas I fear it's like trying to treat Ebola with a Mr Bump plaster.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Gary wrote:If we had a different CEO, say just for the sake of it, let me think, Gordy Hamilton, would it make any difference to our relationship with the IRFU? Just wondering like.
Gordy would probably be worse in the eyes of the IRFU, they didn't exactly part company on good terms
IRFU will want a yes man and they have/had that in the current but yes Mr Hamilton and the IRFU parted ways after Ruan and from what I can gather they know his feelings towards them..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I'm beginning to think Gordy would be brilliant for us!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

wonder has anyone floated the Ruan idea with the IRFU - given they allowed Leinster to bring back Nacewa there's been a precedent set...
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

stu wrote:wonder has anyone floated the Ruan idea with the IRFU - given they allowed Leinster to bring back Nacewa there's been a precedent set...

Trump Nicifeckwit will say it's fake news and it never happened.

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

stu wrote:wonder has anyone floated the Ruan idea with the IRFU - given they allowed Leinster to bring back Nacewa there's been a precedent set...
apparently it was and turned down.. hence we have moved to Jantjies either that or all this is a ticket sales window dressing exercise knowing that we will snap them up at the sniff of any rumour...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Ulster Window Dressing

Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Rooster wrote:

That's what I thought although someone told me he didn't leave the IRFU thingy over Ruan.

Anyway, if they don't like him and he pees them off, then he'd be perfect for the job. :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians