Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by ColinM »

And that it why they were acquitted and it should not have made court. I am simply pointing out the difference between what the court deemed admissible and not in this case. In any event there was no testimony from a member of staff from Ollie's but if there had been it may not have been deemed admissible

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

ColinM wrote:And that it why they were acquitted and it should not have made court. I am simply pointing out the difference between what the court deemed admissible and not in this case. In any event there was no testimony from a member of staff from Ollie's but if there had been it may not have been deemed admissible

I know, should never have been near a court room. A farce from start to finish. I don't think Patricia will give Paddy his money back. She's up to her neck in this too, had her opportunities to throw it out and didn't. She won't want to lose face either

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Replacement 10

Post by rumncoke »

Most people in Northern Ireland know it should never have gone to court even the police and DPPS by their actions immediately after the verdict was announced indirectly admitted it by trying to say it was justified something which I can not remember happening before in my lifetime .

of course the total
farce is that the prosecution called the chief witness for the defence on the basis she thought she saw PIV without seeing either the P or the V in an attempt to undermine Paddy's assertion that PIV had not occurred ,in full knowledge that the witness would say what she witnessed was a consensual threesome more graphically described as a spit roast .

By doing so he left the charges against McIllroy and Harrison hanging on the Whatsapps messages
thereby inferring that something was being hidden .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Sat May 19, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Most people in Northern Ireland know it should never have gone to court even the police and DPPS by their actions immediately after the verdict was announced indirectly admitted it by trying to say it was justified something which I can not remember happening before in my lifetime .

Spot on Rum'n. Their behaviour after the trial was strange to say the least.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jackie Brown wrote:But no one denied sex happened. The WhatsApps didn't offer any evidence towards it being concensual. They were used entirely to destroy their characters.
I think you are forgetting the conspiracy charge.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ColinM wrote:And that it why they were acquitted and it should not have made court. I am simply pointing out the difference between what the court deemed admissible and not in this case. In any event there was no testimony from a member of staff from Ollie's but if there had been it may not have been deemed admissible

One reason why I would like to see the press sniff out the bouncer and put his story out.. that won’t be about what is admissible or not it will instead tell what went on where and with whom immediately before heading out to Paddy’s place.. it won’t change the outcome they were innocent after all but it may paint a different picture of some of those involved and in turn make some feminist groups think again..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BR wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:But no one denied sex happened. The WhatsApps didn't offer any evidence towards it being concensual. They were used entirely to destroy their characters.
I think you are forgetting the conspiracy charge.
Didn't prove that either though, did it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

As the Judge said if rape did not occur there could be no conspiracy. You don’t conspire to hide something that did not occur .

But the conspiracy charge was the only way the WhatsApp
Message could be introduced as evidence.

if the charges had been tried in sequence rather than simultaneously the WhatsApp messages would never had made court because neither Paddy or Stuart admitted anything in those messages which was not included in their statements to the Police or add anything to the accusations of the claimant .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dr. King was right: “We must discover the power of love,

The redemptive power of love.

And when we discover that,

We will be able to make of this old world,

A new world.

Love is the only way.”
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I see Beckham has been forgiven for calling them all c**** for not giving him a knighthood. What with all the charity work he does.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Most people in Northern Ireland know it should never have gone to court even the police and DPPS by their actions immediately after the verdict was announced indirectly admitted it by trying to say it was justified something which I can not remember happening before in my lifetime .

Pre prepared press conference in Hilton with speeches already written, funny how they knew the jury in probably the longest running rape trial with 4 defendants and 6 charges would come to the unanimous verdicts in a few hours is not a normal procedure after a major trial
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The verdict was inconsequential. A lot of people with an agenda got what they wanted anyway.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Pre prepared press conference in Hilton with speeches already written, funny how they knew the jury in probably the longest running rape trial with 4 defendants and 6 charges would come to the unanimous verdicts in a few hours is not a normal procedure after a major trial
But this wasn't a normal major trial, it was a farcical major trial and an affront to justice.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

But this wasn't a normal major trial, it was a farcical major trial and an affront to justice.
Wonder what ever happened the foreperson of the jury for writing on boards.ie a bit about the reasons why they were so quick with a verdict.
Then again that might start more worms surfacing
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Wonder what ever happened the foreperson of the jury for writing on boards.ie a bit about the reasons why they were so quick with a verdict.
Then again that might start more worms surfacing
The whole episode still stinks the place out.