Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

prawnsarnies
Novice

Re: Replacement 10

Post by prawnsarnies »

Tender wrote:If only they’d been found guilty of doing something illegal, like snorting coke for example...
Which we know the D4 brigade were up to their armpits in back in the day.
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

prawnsarnies wrote:
Rooster wrote:
MightyRearranger wrote:
BR wrote:
prawnsarnies wrote:What boils my p!sh is the fact that none of these ex players will come out and say that they think it's ridiculous.
McBride.
There were a few familiar names on the petition to have them reinstated too.
Most of the squad and their families plus a few ex squad members as well
I meant the wider rugby community more than those with Ulster affiliations.

Why couldn't one of them even say "ah well there's a few things on my phone I wouldn't want plastered across the papers". Even tongue in cheek.

Vanilla, media coached, non opinions from all. Sad state of affairs.
I suspect, by and large those outside the bubble of Irish rugby, even current players, were not that aware of what was happening.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ColinM wrote:
BR wrote: I doubt his prospective employers give a fck about the nuances of his legal status.
Their sponsors might
Adadias don’t seem to give a feck what Paddy did..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The sooner the bouncer has his story dragged thru the press the better for everyone..
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cockatrice wrote:The sooner the bouncer has his story dragged thru the press the better for everyone..
Which bouncer?
Which establishment?
Which night?

Why limit things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

What’s the bouncers story?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:The sooner the bouncer has his story dragged thru the press the better for everyone..
Of public interest? Perhaps.
In the public interest? Doubtful.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:
ColinM wrote:
BR wrote: I doubt his prospective employers give a fck about the nuances of his legal status.
Their sponsors might
Nope - nobody looking in on this from the outside will even notice. 2 things will matter
1. Innocence.
2. Wider public perception.

We've been looking at this through a microscope for too long.
So PJ is an international standard out half without an offer of employment. Clubs (and sponsors allegedly) are currently unwilling to take a punt on going against public perception. We don't know how straightforward a decision that has been to potentially interested parties

If PJs costs were awarded who are we to know that is not enough for a club (and it's sponsors) to take the risk of signing him?

All signings are risky business, I'm not sure any of us, microscope or not can equivocally state this wont make a difference in that risk analysis

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ColinM wrote:
BR wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Their sponsors might
Nope - nobody looking in on this from the outside will even notice. 2 things will matter
1. Innocence.

So PJ is an international standard out half without an offer of employment. Clubs (and sponsors allegedly) are currently unwilling to take a punt on going against public perception. We don't know how straightforward a decision that has been to potentially interested parties

If PJs costs were awarded who are we to know that is not enough for a club (and it's sponsors) to take the risk of signing him?

All signings are risky business, I'm not sure any of us, microscope or not can equivocally state this wont make a difference in that risk analysis

PJ will be signed and playing rugby for a pro team come the start of next season, as will Olding.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
ColinM wrote:
BR wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Their sponsors might
1. Innocence.

PJ will be signed and playing rugby for a pro team come the start of next season, as will Olding.
Yes they will be playing and PJ already seems to advertisIng one of the worlds leading brands so they clearly feel different to BoI..
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

I don't think the lads will play again I'm afraid.

Sponsors don't care about their innocence, just the twitter rage that will come from signing them.
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The reporting in the english press was worse than here. This was the opening paragraph in the telegraph when the lads were sacked.

'Campaigners against sexual violence have applauded the sackings by Ireland and Ulster of Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding, amid the acrimonious fallout to the players’ rape trial.' 
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Replacement 10

Post by rumncoke »

Dave

When was it written on the day after ?

Written in ignorance of the facts the English press hardly touch the trial until after the verdict .

And because of the IRFU action assumed there was just cause — « violence against women »
What violence ?the piece you have quoted is damned near slander by inference .

Fact - they were never going to be signed up immediately after the decision —

The Harpies will soon find another male to sacrifice for the benefit of the sisterhood .

The bouncers story is of no consequence — what their rant was based on the two messages in WhatsApp .

In six months the fact that 3 girls were unafraid and unmolested will be better understood and her lies become more obvious .

In the light of that understanding the messages become immature banter and unimportant .
Because she will be seen as the instigator —which she was — she went uninvited to his house - she went uninvited into his bed room twice .

It was never a case of she was asking for it — she started it and ended it .

And as time goes by that conclusion becomes more obvious in the silence of Twitter .

Of course in six months time when it is announced that someone has signed them a few voices will
Question the decision but it will never again be in the hundreds or thousands with its own # twitter account for slanders hide in .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Fri May 25, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Given early polling it could be a great weekend to bring back Paddy

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Given early polling it could be a great weekend to bring back Paddy

They wouldn't notice he had returned
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best