Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Mistrial would mean that a case could be brought again?
Depends

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It does indeed depend.

I would only expect a slam dunk case to go to a retrial after a mistrial. This is no slam dunk.

From a PR point of view, a strong not guilty verdict would be much better in the long run. Lawyers may be happier with not taking a chance on a jury, but technicality decisions leave more room for assumption of guilt.
Personally I'd like to see the judge apologise to the Jackasses for putting them through a sham trial. Tell them all the grow up, tell Hedworth to get some remedial classes and order the peelers transferred to Crossmaglen. As a final closing act she could sentence Blane McIlroy to six months hard labour for being an even bigger liability than the two Jackasses and shake Harrison's hand for being a right spud.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Aye it might Dearie but the judge said 5 weeks, now week 7 I think and we have yet to hear the craic - the summing up of the prosecution and 4 defence teams. We are now at a great remove from pantomime season. FFFS get it finished FFFS.

I'd hoped to see Paddy in my last 2 games before exiting, me, not him, this is now making that improbable by the time they have digested matters in D4 & Spanners & pronounced. Dashed inconvenience.

I wonder has the judge needed to "educate" the Lionel as to local procedures .................. a bit like My Cousin Vinny. :roll:

Seems a fair summation Snipe. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Snipe Watson wrote:Personally I'd like to see the judge apologise to the Jackasses for putting them through a sham trial. Tell them all the grow up, tell Hedworth to get some remedial classes and order the peelers transferred to Crossmaglen. As a final closing act she could sentence Blane McIlroy to six months hard labour for being an even bigger liability than the two Jackasses and shake Harrison's hand for being a right spud.
That would be my reading of events also.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Aye it might Dearie but the judge said 5 weeks, now week 7 I think and we have yet to hear the craic - the summing up of the prosecution and 4 defence teams. We are now at a great remove from pantomime season. FFFS get it finished FFFS.

I'd hoped to see Paddy in my last 2 games before exiting, me, not him, this is now making that improbable by the time they have digested matters in D4 & Spanners & pronounced. Dashed inconvenience.

I wonder has the judge needed to "educate" the Lionel as to local procedures .................. a bit like My Cousin Vinny. :roll:

Seems a fair summation Snipe. :thumleft:
Would love the judge to begin by saying "these 4 yutes"...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Twitterazi up in arms about all the breaks. It's very annoying for them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Prosecution closing argument appears to be, these guys are successful sports men from good backgrounds so you should convict them. What a farce.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Prosecution closing argument appears to be, these guys are successful sports men from good backgrounds so you should convict them. What a farce.

I thought I was reading the defence closing arguments.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:Prosecution closing argument appears to be, these guys are successful sports men from good backgrounds so you should convict them. What a farce.

Yes it does seem a very strange closing statement from the prosecution, his main bit of evidence seems to be a taxi driver remembering a wailing girl in the back of his cab, I actually thought most of those guys these days had cameras in their cabs for use of people messing up the cab and also for use against girls making false allegations against them and doing a runner without paying.
Anyway I know a couple of cabbies well and they maintain no Friday or Saturday night is complete without at least one wailing girl.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Hedworth = two and a half hours of sarchastic eyebrow raising, saying "in the cold light of day" a lot and making gender stereotypes.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

To be honest about that statement of Hedworths irrespective of result if I was the girl who sat through that trial for all these weeks I would think he had done a pretty poor job on my behalf if that was his best closing statement.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

"Toby" has to be right up there with "Lionel"
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Rooster wrote:To be honest about that statement of Hedworths irrespective of result if I was the girl who sat through that trial for all these weeks I would think he had done a pretty poor job on my behalf if that was his best closing statement.
Equally, you could also say that he has worked well with the evidence available to him :roll:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Did he really say that the 'only' problem with the boys' version of events is McIroys part? Does he believe the other three then?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Samstew wrote:
Rooster wrote:To be honest about that statement of Hedworths irrespective of result if I was the girl who sat through that trial for all these weeks I would think he had done a pretty poor job on my behalf if that was his best closing statement.
Equally, you could also say that he has worked well with the evidence available to him :roll:
True enough, if you ain't got the tools you struggle to do the job
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:"Toby" has to be right up there with "Lionel"
The Lionel could be redefined as the Toby.
I think it's something we should at least look at and embrace.