Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Cornerfleg »

IMHO... with cooney at 9 and a real rugby player at 12 (say Lele). J McP could come to bs a very competent 10 for ulster for years.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:IMHO... with cooney at 9 and a real rugby player at 12 (say Lele). J McP could come to bs a very competent 10 for ulster for years.
It's easy to forget, I know because I do it, that he's only a kid in fly half terms.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

True..... Humph could control a game with one direction Maggs at 12 cos ge had years of experience. McP has Maggs mkII at 12 and only 9 ganes under his belt, with the sword of Domecles over his head.

Seriously though what bubble head Brennan for brains dickwad refuses to pick Cave in this rebuilding project???? That really boils my pash.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Cave is a senior player carrying the effects of many injuries that he still features at all is the surprise he is only two years younger than the GLU , he’s not the future .

And before his injury Luke was looking like MotM to - day because that first try to day provided the team the confidence to start playing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Some senior posters here are obviously showing signs of waaaay to many 2 v 1s against a lampost in Isoline street with a wet brick.

Unlike Trimby, Bowe and beagle, they don't know when to just give up, pack up and leave before they embarrass themselves too much.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

corner disagree if you like but you tunnel vision is close to blindness and just a little less obvious than your ignorance .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

I see the Newsletter are reporting that the IRFU have knocked back a move for Elton Jantjies

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pg106 wrote:I see the Newsletter are reporting that the IRFU have knocked back a move for Elton Jantjies

Which is really daft because we need someone to show these crop of young lads some tips and tricks to progress them properly, an experienced 10 with limited match time is the way to do that
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

the42.ie are saying it looks like joey to Munster or staying in Leinster. Also said UR were looking overseas but the IRFU were reluctant to sign off on anything suggested so far. Stated UR are sniffing after Bordeaux’s Fijian out-half Ben Volavola but it looks like he's going to Racing.

going by this, I reckon wee Joey is staying put in Leinster and hoping to get the 15 Irish jersey in the long term but willing to help out at 10 if required. Problem is, he needs more experience.

Solution: PADDY JACKSON REINSTATED TO ULSTER AND IRELAND!

http://www.the42.ie/leinster-joey-carbe ... 5-May2018/
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Rooster wrote:
pg106 wrote:I see the Newsletter are reporting that the IRFU have knocked back a move for Elton Jantjies

Which is really daft because we need someone to show these crop of young lads some tips and tricks to progress them properly, an experienced 10 with limited match time is the way to do that
Ffs why don't the IRFU tell us the parameters of a permitted replacement 10 instead of wasting time seeing if someone is available and then having to get sign off. What a waste of everyones time. This will also put off players from even considering us.

So sounds like they have knocked back Pienaar, Volavola and now Jantjies.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Charles Piutau posted a pic of himself and Paddy tonight saying he was proud to have played at Ulster with such great men - he just went up ten notches in my estimation. :salut:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

pwrmoore wrote:Charles Piutau posted a pic of himself and Paddy tonight saying he was proud to have played at Ulster with such great men - he just went up ten notches in my estimation. :salut:
Umpteen notches above "Rory's" e-mail.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I've come to the conclusion I'm content if we sign nobody!

Excited to see how McPhillips can develop. He improved and matured with each game he played this year. If his rate of trajectory repeats itself next year with similar game time we may have a hell of a player on our hands. I don't want to see that growth stunted.

I'd like to see Lowry get 1st team squad exposure next year. This won't happen if we bring in a 2nd rate NIQ or IQ.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

One thing it's hard not to notice about the Joey Carberry situation is how Leinster have dealt with it. Since the IRFUs intent to move him north has been mentioned there's been an endless stream of articles in the press suggesting he wants to stay and the Leinster want to keep him. There's a lot said about how the IRFU always favour the mexicans, but maybe a large part of that is down to the measured public resistance they put up to decisions they don't like. I always felt we got a lot more from them when Humph was down there to make our case.

Throughout this whole JC saga there's been absolutely no public hints from within the Ulster camp of what they want to happen. If there'd been reports in the press suggesting we didn't see it as in our interests to spend a season developing a Leinster prospect for a season at the expense of our own long term future, but we had an old fan favourite who was desperate to come back and play 9/10 it would at least put some pressure on the IRFU to cut us some more slack.

At this point, unless we can get an experienced fly half who can cover other positions (Ruan/Lealiifano etc) I'd want to stick with what we've got. Ruan would have ticked a lot of boxes as I'm terrified of what would happen of Cooney got injured, but I've no issue with seeing McPhillips name on the team sheet and we've got another couple of highly regarded prospects behind him.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I've come to the conclusion I'm content if we sign nobody!

Excited to see how McPhillips can develop. He improved and matured with each game he played this year. If his rate of trajectory repeats itself next year with similar game time we may have a hell of a player on our hands. I don't want to see that growth stunted.

I'd like to see Lowry get 1st team squad exposure next year. This won't happen if we bring in a 2nd rate NIQ or IQ.
it's a long season and a lot of pressure to put on two sets of young shoulders. An old hand who can bring young lads on would be very beneficial. Also, I would doubt the two of them could go a season without some kind of injury.