Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

prawnsarnies
Novice

Re: Replacement 10

Post by prawnsarnies »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
prawnsarnies wrote:If Graham Henry rates Carbery that'll do for me.
There is no doubt he is a talented boy with great potential. He has had a totally wasted season in terms of his development, but if he doesn’t see that himself then he won’t have the right attitude if he moves to Ulster.

I’d rather we used the last NIQ slot to bring in an experienced 10 with some leadership qualities. Not sure there are any available though and beggars can’t be choosers.
I guess we'll see what his constitution is like in the coming weeks when it comes to decision time.
Personally I'd rather have a big NIQ 2nd row or a functioning loosehead who can both scrummage and carry, unlike our options at the minute who give us an either/or option. Oh to tear up Hond's contract.
"You have to find to find your own solace - your own drive, your own ambition, your own inner strength; for the greatest game of your f**king life." Jim Telfer, 1st Test, Lions Tour 1997
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Carberry has not been especially convincing to me this season but he has had tiny amounts of game time and been shunted from out half to full back and back again.
The fact remains that Joe Schmidt rates him and picks him as his number 2 to Sexton. Joe's opinion deserves some respect. He has, er, some competence in these matters.
Who can say that playing week in and week out with Ulster would not be the road forward for both Joey and Ulster?

We would miss him at Leinster and I have no doubt that Joey would find it hard to move from the environment of a reasonably successful club to one that is struggling a little bit this year. But there's nothing wrong with getting out of one's comfort zone.

We still have Ross Byrne and young Frawley coming up. We even have Byrne minor who has been on the u20s. I would hazard that Connacht have a major weakness at 10 and one of our other 10s should move there too.
Have no doubt Sextons number 2 is Patrick Jackson
A man shafted for no rhyme nor reason

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Interesting club Waterford United who play in the Premier division of the League of Ireland. Among their sponsors are Umbro, Robus and SSE airtricity.
Among their players is a certain Mr Akinade who has been convicted of gang rape.I don't see any massed hordes of ladies marching on their ground.
Then again as we already know the rules are different in Munster.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jetstream wrote:Interesting club Waterford United who play in the Premier division of the League of Ireland. Among their sponsors are Umbro, Robus and SSE airtricity.
Among their players is a certain Mr Akinade who has been convicted of gang rape.I don't see any massed hordes of ladies marching on their ground.
Then again as we already know the rules are different in Munster.

More or less confirming my uncomfortable feeling that:

1) a Rugby posh boy is a preferable target to a footie scanger
2) the fact that it’s the bloody Nordies is significant and sure what if we damage them, who cares?

We can all sing “together standing tall”, shyte song that it is, but singing it and meaning it are two different things.

For years I’ve felt that Ulster are Irish, ah but come on lads, you’re not REALLY Irish, catch yerselves on.

Ach, I’ve been saying it since Ruan Pienaar and before, but we are beyond question perceived and treated differently. Ask Paddy and Stu.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's not trending on twitter though.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Perhaps they are smart enough to realise it wasn’t they who dropped the axe on Paddy & Stuart. We now know it was primarily the BOI, who have been looking for such an excuse to back out of their deal with FIRFU and the happy coincidence of the two lads being Nordiebarstewards.

I don’t do twatter, but if I did I’d love to ask why their feminist groupings don’t feel the need to protest at Solitude (Cliftonville FC) and Inver Park (Larne FC)?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Does no-one else think Rum is just saying "damp ball" at every available opportunity now?

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Deraless wrote:Does no-one else think Rum is just saying "damp ball" at every available opportunity now?

Moist balls

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Tender wrote:Perhaps they are smart enough to realise it wasn’t they who dropped the axe on Paddy & Stuart. We now know it was primarily the BOI, who have been looking for such an excuse to back out of their deal with FIRFU and the happy coincidence of the two lads being Nordiebarstewards.

I don’t do twatter, but if I did I’d love to ask why their feminist groupings don’t feel the need to protest at Solitude (Cliftonville FC) and Inver Park (Larne FC)?
They've had their inconsistencies pointed out on numerous occasions but just ignore it.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

nobody doubts Carberry has talent but some players have a natural limit at professional level you need the frame to take the knocks , similarly at professional level every team is as strong as its weakest player who becomes the target of the opposition.
Carberry has a target printed on his chest at pro level .

I can see why Schmidt likes him on the bench he can cover two positions in the back line where he has two players who are injury prone - Sexton - head injury and Kearney - leg and arm .

but as a first choice - he should not be near the list .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

yes I do have an opinion about Ulster playing with a wet ball - we can't do it .

Players don't run on to the ball - we don't get across the gain line -- passes are telegraphed -- we become predictable -- we kick away possession too often and defend for to long giving rise to mistakes and we lack confidence .

Baggy highlights the post Christmas slump all played in bad weather - we started reasonably well in the Autumn in reasonable weather -- in the wet -- Ulster lose to
often . Because the forwards can't play with a wet ball

we should train in wet weather not dry .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Moist
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Got the ball away,fair play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

What about Danny Cipriani, he is available and a top shagger :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best