Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:
BR wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I'm not convinced about Ruan at 10.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk
Agreed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
'Never want to see him at 10 again' was the consensus here iirc.

Think that was because if Ruan was playing 10, it meant p was playing 9. :D
Correct Gary, people here have the attention span of a ............what was I saying?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Gary wrote:If we had a different CEO, say just for the sake of it, let me think, Gordy Hamilton, would it make any difference to our relationship with the IRFU? Just wondering like.
Gordy would probably be worse in the eyes of the IRFU, they didn't exactly part company on good terms
Makes GH more than OK in my book.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

rumncoke wrote:Fleg what fn powders are you sniffing -- I don't care a fiddles f--k what colour the man is be brown black white orange green or purple the one thing is certain he isn't the same colour as the ginger prince
You really do have major insecurity issues when you get pulled up on being an ignorant Ashton don't you.

I have a bit of an issue with racism and ignorant racism does tend to boil my pash.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Gladdens the heart to see life on the Iberian peninsula hasn’t mellowed your buzz Baggy.

You preach it Brother. In my opinion ANY Ulster Rugby supporter who still pays even passing attention to FIRFU’s team is a quisling.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Racism is wrong and it’s a crime. So I can’t be racist, as only black people commit crimes.

I’m here all week, have you tried the veal?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Irish Times saying Carbery has rejected Ulster and is looking at Munster.

This may mean Keatley to Ulster. I actually think Keatley is a better signing for us than Carbery. At least we know McPhillips isn’t going to be forced to play second fiddle to him, at least we know the IRFU aren’t going to be insisting we make him first choice.

McPhillips as first choice, Keatley for the bench and the games against the dross opposition.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Tender wrote:Gladdens the heart to see life on the Iberian peninsula hasn’t mellowed your buzz Baggy.

You preach it Brother. In my opinion ANY Ulster Rugby supporter who still pays even passing attention to FIRFU’s team is a quisling.
Your opinion is a load of ballix, but feel free to hold it all the same. :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Carberry is sectarian confirmed

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Carberry is sectarian confirmed

BOD
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

thecrouch wrote:Irish Times saying Carbery has rejected Ulster and is looking at Munster.

This may mean Keatley to Ulster. I actually think Keatley is a better signing for us than Carbery. At least we know McPhillips isn’t going to be forced to play second fiddle to him, at least we know the IRFU aren’t going to be insisting we make him first choice.

McPhillips as first choice, Keatley for the bench and the games against the dross opposition.
Have a bit of wit.

If Keatley is the one without a chair when the music stops, do you honestly think he'll obediently trot up to Belfast to play second fiddle to a player with a handful of starts? If I was him, I would be looking guarantees about being the starting choice as part of agreeing to be stitched up...and expect to get them.

The problem with Carberry for me was that we hadn't seen enough evidence to convince us that he was a credible option at 10 - the problem with Keatley is that we've seen more than enough evidence that he's at best a competent, but largely mediocre option.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

GUBU wrote:
thecrouch wrote:Irish Times saying Carbery has rejected Ulster and is looking at Munster.

Have a bit of wit.

If Keatley is the one without a chair when the music stops, do you honestly think he'll obediently trot up to Belfast to play second fiddle to a player with a handful of starts? If I was him, I would be looking guarantees about being the starting choice as part of agreeing to be stitched up...and expect to get them.

The problem with Carberry for me was that we hadn't seen enough evidence to convince us that he was a credible option at 10 - the problem with Keatley is that we've seen more than enough evidence that he's at best a competent, but largely mediocre option.
Keatley is in no position to start demanding any guarantees from the IRFU.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Keatley is 31. He does not offer anything.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:Keatley is 31. He does not offer anything.
He offered promise but that was 10 years ago. Being the first to play for all four provinces would be a dubious privilege indeed
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

thecrouch wrote:
GUBU wrote:

Have a bit of wit.

I wouldn't be so sure.

If he's being heaved over the side to accomodate Ireland's World Cup planning, he'll have some leverage if he agrees to leave to make way for Carberry. And the IRFU will have every incentive to soften his landing for him as part of any deal.

The real question here is why would anyone in their right mind in this neck of the woods would agree to an arrangement which is of no tangible benefit to Ulster.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

GUBU wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
GUBU wrote:

Have a bit of wit.

I wouldn't be so sure.

If he's being heaved over the side to accomodate Ireland's World Cup planning, he'll have some leverage if he agrees to leave to make way for Carberry. And the IRFU will have every incentive to soften his landing for him as part of any deal.

The real question here is why would anyone in their right mind in this neck of the woods would agree to an arrangement which is of no tangible benefit to Ulster.
Well my point was if our only choices are Keatley or Carbery then Keatley is the better option.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND