Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
scrum5 wrote:As critical as I have been of The Hond, you can't blame him for being well paid, that is down to Kiss & Clarke who viewed a 3 year out of date video recording and gave him a contract on the strength of it....fair play to him.
Fixed Scrumptious. :thumleft:
Baggy I have no problem with you fixing my posts but my original statement was direct from Bryn Cunningham
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
scrum5 wrote:As critical as I have been of The Hond, you can't blame him for being well paid, that is down to Kiss & Clarke who viewed a 3 year out of date video recording and gave him a contract on the strength of it....fair play to him.
Baggy I have no problem with you fixing my posts but my original statement was direct from Bryn Cunningham
If you're talking about Bryn's statement at the season ticket holders event. That wasn't a direct quote as I recall.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't think there is any way that Bryn was not involved in going for Jantjies and that is troubling.

That said, if Jantjies is not international class are we really saying he would struggle in the Pro14 with Cooney inside him and Nordi Murphy and Marcell to mind him? Might even be SDC class. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

scrum5 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
I wasn't there obviously but I understand it was those 2 who told Bryn to get him. If you are certain that is incorrect, fair enough. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Whilst not a direct quote, Bryn neither mentioned Kiss or Clarke in the signing but who I have no doubt had a major hand in it, Bryn did mention the viewing of a out of date recording of the Hond and that is what they based the signing on....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

the viewing of a out of date recording of the Hond and that is what they based the signing on....

This drives me up the walls, given that they're only allowed 4 NIQs, surely to Christ somebody could've actually got off their fecking Brennan and gone to watch him in the flesh, what the feck else are they doing all day?
feck shambles
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:Whilst not a direct quote, Bryn neither mentioned Kiss or Clarke in the signing but who I have no doubt had a major hand in it, Bryn did mention the viewing of a out of date recording of the Hond and that is what they based the signing on....
The only name I remember him mentioning in relation to the signing was Nucifuhrer who he said was very keen on him.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Soda wrote:the viewing of a out of date recording of the Hond and that is what they based the signing on....

This drives me up the walls, given that they're only allowed 4 NIQs, surely to Christ somebody could've actually got off their fecking Brennan and gone to watch him in the flesh, what the feck else are they doing all day?
feck shambles
Presumably they want to try and save a few measly quid on scouting trips but are happy spunking hundreds of thousands on contracting a dud based on a you chube clip.

Wouldn't be surprised if Esportif had their fingerprints on some aspect of the DD on the deal, whether they were conflicted I dont know
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The Hond will be like a new signing in September. So will Marcell. Again.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

It may not be Bryn's fault but he could learn from recent court cases and that No means No...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Thank god Nucifora blocked Bryn from bringing Elton to Ulster.

I have zero faith in him when it comes to signing players.

At the same time I can’t imagine the list of players wanting to come to Ulster would be high. Maybe picking the best of a very bad bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

kingofthehill wrote:Thank god Nucifora blocked Bryn from bringing Elton to Ulster.

At the same time I can’t imagine the list of players wanting to come to Ulster would be high. Maybe picking the best of a very bad bunch.

It doesn't help, KOTH, that we now have a reputation for taking in any old muck, as well as broken players : re Hond, Diesel? Every chancer, and crock will be lining up for a go at fooling us.

I'd be much happier if we went after Ludik type players, hard grafters, tough and durable nothing flashy. We have matches in SA now, you'd think we could get Bryn over for a few side-trips to chat to some of our ex players out there and get a few contacts set up. Maybe watch a few matches, face to face talks?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

kingofthehill wrote:Thank god Nucifora blocked Bryn from bringing Elton to Ulster.

Sadly we're a few good seasons away from being attractive. McFarland needs to get here sharpish and build a base of young guys playing for the shirt. When they start to stick around and win more than they lose, and the coach has built a reputation in the club game as a shrewd operator, seasoned guys will want to come here and add to that. If we'd brought in an experienced coach with a reputation in the club game, that might have been shortcut a bit.

At the minute the only people we could possibly attract are overpaid mercenaries.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ColinM wrote:

If we'd brought in an experienced coach with a reputation in the club game, that might have been shortcut a bit.
Like Gibbes

The King is dead. Long live the King.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

kingofthehill wrote:
ColinM wrote:

If we'd brought in an experienced coach with a reputation in the club game, that might have been shortcut a bit.
Like Gibbes

I hope we're at least talking to him