Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:Without Dara it's still just a case of your word against mine, and still hard to conclude anything. But as Kelly said her witness is unprecedented. She indeed was key. She was called by the prosecution to say she was certain that Little Paddy was in use but it didn't stand up to cross-examination ie she didn't actually visualise either of the organs in question.

Furthermore, what she saw was "a threesome". She laughed about it with one of the other girls. She was asked to join in...a gang rape of another girl? But she just laughed and shut the door? Hardly likely. She heard what she described as "sex noises" from half way up the stairs. Are we expected to believe a young lady was imprisoned for an hour and subjected to a violent attack with 5 other (mostly) adults in the house? Also the complainant left her phone by the bed which is unlike someone having their trousers ripped off and looked up Uber on her phone about 20 mins before she actually left.

Interestingly the complainant reported 2 cases of vaginal rape. Didn't mention oral to anyone as she "Didn't think it was an offence" so didn't get a proper exam, and then changed her whole story after police fed her an update on Dara coming forward. Maybe going with the oral story first wouldn't have looked good from her side?

It's also interesting that although the complainant wasn't direct friends with the other 3 they had mutual friends in common, so even without Snapchat there was a chance her friends could have found out the old fashioned way.

All of this has been openly discussed in court, but the media just keep churning out the texts.

As to Baggy's point about the PPS here not touching it, it was then passed to England to insure independence. I wonder who the barrister that reviewed it there could have been?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Along with bits you have mentioned here I have other bits from people who have been at the trial for one reason or another and when reading the press it is almost as if the press want everyone to believe this is going down to the line and they have not mentioned a lot of other little bits that when all added up tend to swing you completely in one direction.

I find the entire case from start to finish bizarre and a lot of things need looked at after this including reporting from the court house, the manner in which interviews and statements are taken, the role of the PPS and even the judge right from the start of the entire fiasco.

The only winners in this are the legal teams bank balances, but there are plenty of losers all round associated with it.
Had Dara not come up the stairs, heard and saw what she testified to, This would have been a very different trial and a much closer call.
Had Dara not come up the stairs it would appear there would not have been the need for a trial

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

SOs barrister delivers a rousing first 5 minute closing speech then takes a heavy blow and collapses needing a stretcher

Torn ACL. Out for 9 months

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:SOs barrister delivers a rousing first 5 minute closing speech then takes a heavy blow and collapses needing a stretcher

Hope not as he is due to give closing speech tomorrow.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:SOs barrister delivers a rousing first 5 minute closing speech then takes a heavy blow and collapses needing a stretcher

Hope not as he is due to give closing speech tomorrow.
Feck me my taxes being wasted giving NI layabouts more days off

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

SO did his ACL falling off the hype train.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It’s wonderful the way people react to questions where the answer is self evident ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That's not even a question.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

He was in some form at Twickenham on Sat....

Wonder how he got the tickets? :scratch:

:lol:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

He was in some form at Twickenham on Sat....

Wonder how he got the tickets? :scratch:

Was his barrister at twickers? Hahaha
Wonder did they invite Hedworth

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Hedworth is probably tired from doing too many trials recently. Hence his shìte performance over the course of the last 2 months. He needs a central contact with the Bar Association and a good summer holiday.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:Hedworth is probably tired from doing too many trials recently. Hence his shìte performance over the course of the last 2 months. He needs a central contact with the Bar Association and a good summer holiday.

You got to admit though he has not got a lot of decent evidence to work with, he probably read through the evidence and his only comment then was "feck"
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Replacement 10

Post by nonplussed »

Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:Hedworth is probably tired from doing too many trials recently. Hence his shìte performance over the course of the last 2 months. He needs a central contact with the Bar Association and a good summer holiday.

You got to admit though he has not got a lot of decent evidence to work with, he probably read through the evidence and his only comment then was "feck"
Some would hope hes not fit enough to play two games back to back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

This trial is really beginning to remind me of the band.... Full of clampits with no real reason to be here, making noises no one wants to hear, and seriously getting on my tìts while the rugby is going on.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:

You'd wonder if/why he accepted it having reviewed it for the PPS?

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:
Rooster wrote:

You'd wonder if/why he accepted it having reviewed it for the PPS?

8 weeks trial cash plus how many more weeks in preparation, result is immaterial.
Rory Best