Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Deraless »

What the effing eff are the IRFU at?

Can we have our actual acquitted 10 who did bugger all wrong back please?
No.

What! So as an alternative you want to send Joey but Leinster says "No"?
Correct.

So in order to placate the IRFU/Leinster/Joey he might go to Munster now, and then we get someone even the fiercest Turnip admits to be shìte?
Yup, and...

Well that's hardly fair on us!
And...

So Ruan's family are miserable in France, he bleeds Ulster and he could come home, mentor 3 young prospects and would play/coach 10 and not obstruct Cooney either?
Nope.

Why not?
Just.

Well we kinda need a half decent NIQ 10 then.
Nope.

But we've a couple of possibles lined up guys?
Nope and nope.

So the man to bring on our young 10s is Keatley?
Well we might let you sign a crap NIQ 10. Huh, have you thought of that, eh?

Well, if we're gonna sign one wouldn't it be better to sign a good one?
Sorry, I don't follow you?

Well, I suppose whatever happens we have to be thankful for your exceeding bounty.
Sorry, what part of none of this is about you don't you understand. Oh look a pigeon.

If we get "Keats" I hope whoever inherits this shambles and whenever, has the gonads to give D4 the middle digit and banish Keatley to the As. Bring on our own guys. There is no semblance of any logical thinking in any of this, even taking the long term IRFU plan into consideration. It all boils down to stubbornness and obstruction.

It now seems like everything is being chucked at the RWC after which Joe will be away back and someone else can oversee the years of rebuilding.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
LUMBERJACK
Novice

Post by LUMBERJACK »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 32962.html

If this is true then I have no words to desrcribe the IRFU which wouldnt get me banned from this forum. Cooney wanted to come here and planned to stay Carberry does not and will not. We are not a feeder club for Leinster Nuciwankstain
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Cornerfleg wrote:IMHO... with cooney at 9 and a real rugby player at 12 (say Lele). J McP could come to bs a very competent 10 for ulster for years.
How about 9 Cooney, 10 McPhillips, 11 Stockdale, 12 NHL, 13 Cave, 14 Big Stu, 15 Gilroy. 21 AN Other, 22 Addison, 23 Ludik. Cooney to cover 10.
GUBU
Novice

Post by GUBU »

LUMBERJACK wrote:https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 32962.html

If this is true then I have no words to desrcribe the IRFU which wouldnt get me banned from this forum. Cooney wanted to come here and planned to stay Carberry does not and will not. We are not a feeder club for Leinster Nuciwankstain
...or worse, if some rumours are to be believed - somewhere for Munster's cast offs to be sent as 'compensation' for Carberry opting to move further south instead.
“It was a bizarre happening, an unprecedented situation, a grotesque situation, an almost unbelievable mischance.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is Carberry sectarian?

Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Frankly if Carbery goes to Munster and the IRFU try to fob us off with Hanrahan or Keatley the answer simply must be NO NO NO!!!!!!! We have better young out halves on our books.
If they continue to mess us around it is time we said no to them.
I have no doubt that if Leinster wanted to sign any of the named overseas players an excuse would be found to let them.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Play the rascist card. The IRFU don’t want black players.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:Play the rascist card. The IRFU don’t want black players.
IRFU are literally hitler

breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Think you lot are jumping the gun here, from my reading it says that Jantjies may be blocked if Carbery doesnt move north, no where is there an indication of him definitely being blocked?
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cracker wrote:Frankly if Carbery goes to Munster and the IRFU try to fob us off with Hanrahan or Keatley the answer simply must be NO NO NO!!!!!!! We have better young out halves on our books.
If they continue to mess us around it is time we said no to them.
I have no doubt that if Leinster wanted to sign any of the named overseas players an excuse would be found to let them.
Leinster would name Beauden Barrett to play exclusively at 13 and then just play him at 10

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

I don’t see Jantjies as the type of 10 to bring along McPhillips & Lowry. IF this is who Bryn thinks is the right player/character then maybe Bryn isn’t the right person to be in charge of recruitment. If NaziNuci has vetoed this signing I’m happy enough.

I like the idea of Ruan or Lele returning but I’m also coming round to the idea of going with McPhillips. Stuffed at 9 & 10 though if we sustain injuries.
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Jantjies is the sort of guy you'd have to pull out of Ollies ... just saying.

No thanks. Very very poor idea whoever came up with that.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Never really rated Jantjies and don’t believe he is the type of player to bring through our young players so NO but maybe with Esportif opening new offices in South Africa they use their close association to sell us another good one.. I see they openly promote a 10 who would be an ideal fit and who is IQ on their site...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Replacement 10

Post by rumncoke »

problem with Jantjies is a Black Carberry in my book who would be wanting a two - three year contract

The wrong solution to what maybe a one year problem

Ruan as a solution ticks many of the boxes

1 as an older player he maybe more willing to be seen as a bench player now

2 he covers the two positions in the Ulster squad which lack any depth scrum half and out half thus one signing maybe cheaper than two

3 Hopefully Ulsters need will only exist for one year

Lele isn't a 10 he can't kick a ball out of a wet paper bag as a cover for centre he is very acceptable .

The problem is during a World Cup year very few good out halfs will be wanting to move out their own environment

Dublin have to realise that having created the problem.The solution can't be imposed by Dublin ,to suit Dublin .

It must be one which meets the approval of the average Ulster man , if it isn't the CEO in place at the moment will never be able to sell it to the media if they ( the media ) consider it is unacceptable to Hughie Spectator .

That is not fair to any player to be seen as unacceptable imposed signing .

Cooney made it but there is nothing to suggest Carberry will and that goes for any player from Munster -- simply because it is seen as a signing for the benefit of Dublin not Ulster .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Last edited by rumncoke on Tue May 22, 2018 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Just to keep you up to speed with the quota system ... Jantjies is actually a "Player of Colour Carberry". Some ANC and Zulus may take exception to your chromatism ignorance!
Last edited by Cornerfleg on Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"