Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by BaggyTrousers »

KOTH I think you whacked the nail on the bonce. Who in their right mind would currently be queuing up for an Ulster contract?

There is no certainty around anything other than the simple fact the season will be a struggle. No idea who the ultimate boss will be, no idea when the coach will rock up, no idea if we'll see anything of Rory or Hendy before Christmas, no idea if Marcell has the remotest chance of playing a handful of games, no idea if Marty Moore or Rodders intend to play rugby or devour fast food, no idea if the new great white hope from Sale will break on impact.

Nucifu'ckwallet has more or less said there will be no ex-Munter arriving, no Elton Johnjies, hopefully, no mad Aussie laptop thief either, but "we will try to help them". I'm more than happy to go with the young lads at 10 and elsewhere, but would a serious signing?

No, I think the names some were putting in the frame were guys who would go anywhere for the paycheck and both were entirely flakey.

It's going to be a long time before we hear that hackneyed old phrase, "this could be our year" ........... except, now, almost inevitably Grumpy will say it. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With the squad relying on the academy players to such an extent we absolutely must have the head coach in place ASAP. Otherwise we are in self-destruct mode.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:It's going to be a long time before we hear that hackneyed old phrase, "this could be our year" ........... except, now, almost inevitably Grumpy will say it. :lol:
Even Grumpy's not that deluded. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:With the squad relying on the academy players to such an extent we absolutely must have the head coach in place ASAP. Otherwise we are in self-destruct mode.
Dave ..... unfortunately we are deluded but all will change if Dan comes by next week..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:It's going to be a long time before we hear that hackneyed old phrase, "this could be our year" ........... except, now, almost inevitably Grumpy will say it. :lol:
Even Grumpy's not that deluded. :roll:
Yeah but ......................ok good to know. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Re Nucifora's interview, where he said that they were looking for an IQ out-half for Ulster, who wasn't with any other province - the only people that fit this bill AFAIK are:

Gareth Steenson - under contract at Exeter, by all accounts perfectly happy there, written off in the past by Ulster so would be justified in not busting a gut to dig them out of a hole - not happening, is it?

Ian Madigan - under (big) contract at Bristol, IRFU couldn't afford to buy it out

..er....

Cathal Marsh - not in contract with anyone AFAIK, not clear if he's keen to stay in rugby. Wouldn't be a bad addition to the squad, but no enough IMO.

and that's it? Am I missing anyone?
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Columbo wrote:Re Nucifora's interview, where he said that they were looking for an IQ out-half for Ulster, who wasn't with any other province - the only people that fit this bill AFAIK are:

Gareth Steenson - under contract at Exeter, by all accounts perfectly happy there, written off in the past by Ulster so would be justified in not busting a gut to dig them out of a hole - not happening, is it?

Ian Madigan - under (big) contract at Bristol, IRFU couldn't afford to buy it out

..er....

Cathal Marsh - not in contract with anyone AFAIK, not clear if he's keen to stay in rugby. Wouldn't be a bad addition to the squad, but no enough IMO.

and that's it? Am I missing anyone?
Paddy Jackson.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Surely any no. 10 with an Irish granny counts. Might be the current Outer Mongolian third choice, but he'd fit Nookyforya's description.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's Keatley btw.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

There is a guy called Billy Burns in the Gloucester Boshership who is i.q.....Brother of Freddie.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

jackthelad wrote:There is a guy called Billy Burns in the Gloucester Boshership who is i.q.....Brother of Freddie.
Billy's not a bad player (he may actually be better than Flaky Freddie.) How is he Ireland qualified?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Wondered a few times if we'd ever move for Charlie Mulchrone. Decent player and one we could do with.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bring back Paddy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Spiffsson wrote:
jackthelad wrote:There is a guy called Billy Burns in the Gloucester Boshership who is i.q.....Brother of Freddie.
Billy's not a bad player (he may actually be better than Flaky Freddie.) How is he Ireland qualified?
His Da is called Jerry. Has to be IQ'd.

Lancaster would know.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Spiffsson wrote:
Grandparent I think....Not 100% sure but have read this before.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.