Ulster v Kings

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Kings

Post by Deraless »

She was quite liderally a joy to behold.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Curling is on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:A very efficient referee and guess what, she didn't need the TMO. >appl >appl >appl
Aye. Happy days. On an absolutely Baltic night, the game finished at the unheard of time of about 9:15. One lone wolf whistle from the memorial end of the terrace at the start of the game but that may well have been from the leather clad boys in the Craig Gilroy fanclub.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

BaggyTrousers wrote:A very efficient referee and guess what, she didn't need the TMO. >appl >appl >appl
To be fair I loved that about Joy.
My hatred of over use of the TMO is well documented on here.
However the real reason is that she doesn't like seeing herself on camera.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:the game finished at the unheard of time of about 9:15. . .
Scrums take time.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:I hope you got a picture, Baggy? I seen two snow leopards in my garden yesterday,
I hope you called Herbst >sniper
He could hunt down Logan for us?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

1) Why do people here have a problem with some foam hands?

2) The band did a grand job. It is exactly that sort of night when the place is half empty and those there are only half interested, that they actually add to the atmosphere.

3) The actual rugby:.
Kings were poor. McPhilps is promising (was DHumph the last outhalf to make a break?).
Cooney impressed despite the opposition - glimpses of some good decision making and less scripted play.
Apparently running at speed and at angles can occasionally pay off.
Clear out was actually visible on most occasions.
One-out rugby still the order of the day, but hints of players running on to ball and receiving in pods.
Still too many personal errors (although not punished, and expected to a degree once all the replacements were made).
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You are a brave man BR.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

And observant.
:thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Last night was basically opposed training.
However notwithstanding the quality of the kings team there were positives for us. Signs of a different approach.
Intent was much better. Defense was much more aggressive, although there was a bit too much interception hunting. There was more inventive attack too with guys trying things that actually worked.
Against a decent team, it would have been difficult, but this fixture came at the ideal time.
Roll on next week. Edinburgh twos will be a step up.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:Last night was basically opposed training.
Was actually just about to post those very words. As training sessions go it was a fairly productive one. Bryn said the boys trained "really well" last week but then somebody says that every week :roll: The whole night was a bit meh. Things are bad when the crowd start patronising the opposition. Don't mind the anklebiters (or anybody else) waving foam appendages but the actual kicking challenge was dung. You can't beat the crossbar challenge. And no, the band didn't add anything.Thought big O'Connor did a good job last night.

Actually looking forward to next week and a complete game with something at stake for both sides.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:Last night was basically opposed training.
Was actually just about to post those very words. As training sessions go it was a fairly productive one. Bryn said the boys trained "really well" last week but then somebody says that every week :roll: The whole night was a bit meh. Things are bad when the crowd start patronising the opposition. Don't mind the anklebiters (or anybody else) waving foam appendages but the actual kicking challenge was dung. You can't beat the crossbar challenge. And no, the band didn't add anything.Thought big O'Connor did a good job last night.

Actually looking forward to next week and a competitive game with something at stake for both sides.
Big Neville Southall
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Will be close next week. Cockers will bring a tough pack who will smell blood. Mcphillips looked good last night but was completely untested. Without reidy and Charlie we lose some dynamism so it could well be a slog fest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Did the band attempt to play Ghost Riders, I thought I heard it from the warmth of the Bar. To me there was more negatives than positives last night.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:Did the band attempt to play Ghost Riders, I thought I heard it from the warmth of the Bar. To me there was more negatives than positives last night.
They did indeed.
Big Neville Southall