Logan must go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Logan must go

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote: Gibbes is underperforming in comparison to his abilities too. Time for him to show us what he's made of.
What I'm reading is that Les Kiss was doing a remarkable impersonation of EOS and trying to micro manage the entire team. Gibbes wasn't given a lot of say. That has now changed so we will know by the end of the season whether he has the goods.
I can tell you that I now know of three senior players who had serious doubts about Kiss, to the extent of having no respect for him at all. I would imagine there are other people who know more than that. I cannot say that "he lost the squad", just that some senior players were in turmoil about the standard of coaching and bizarre seemingly spur of the moment changes.

I believe the EOS comparison is about right.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote: Gibbes is underperforming in comparison to his abilities too. Time for him to show us what he's made of.
What I'm reading is that Les Kiss was doing a remarkable impersonation of EOS and trying to micro manage the entire team. Gibbes wasn't given a lot of say. That has now changed so we will know by the end of the season whether he has the goods.
I can tell you that I now know of three senior players who had serious doubts about Kiss, to the extent of having no respect for him at all. I would imagine there are other people who know more than that. I cannot say that "he lost the squad", just that some senior players were in turmoil about the standard of coaching and bizarre seemingly spur of the moment changes.

I believe the EOS comparison is about right.
Is it fair to EOS, though?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:Even if Logan goes, he is only part of the problem.

Ulster Branch have to grasp the nettle as well.

Almost the entire structure is fking rotten.
I'm not arguing against you, let's be clear on that, but I keep hearing that the whole system is rotten, but I haven't heard from anyone how that impinges on what we are all mainly interested in, the pro team.

Can you enlighten me, or indeed can anyone?
Baggy... this is supposedly where the Pro Game Board comes in. A small body of expertise that collectively run the Pro Game and which includes Bryn and Terry chaired by the former Match Day Manager and Ulster Team Manager back in the day. I guess this gets Terry out of the pickle of actually taking responsibility of making decisions and being held accountable..

I am told he just got used to walking around playing the CEO quoting little sound bites that made him look the dogs horlix and to those that credit him 100% with building the world class stadium that is the envy of world sport... the money was provided by the NIA through a joint sporting project designed to facilitate new stadium to the three sports and driven by the SIB who (and I stand to be corrected) appointed consultants, project managers and likely appointed the builders to reform Ravenhill... so maybe some credit to the SIB particularly its CEO at the time of the funding going through who also later happened to be Chair of URs PMC Committee.. my impression Terry was more like NIHE tenant getting his house rebuilt for him...
Cockers, who the blazes is Terry? Is it your new name for Logan?
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

I'm not arguing against you, let's be clear on that, but I keep hearing that the whole system is rotten, but I haven't heard from anyone how that impinges on what we are all mainly interested in, the pro team.

Fairly simple.

1. If kids aren't being encouraged into the game early enough or in sufficient numbers then...
2. Standards for youngsters aren't high enough (or coaches cannot demand they be high enough) for them to start learning enough early enough...
3. Then if schools prevent kids from actually playing the game and prefer them to lift weights to developing skills and don't give two fks about the kid's best interests if it gets in the road of a run in the schools cup...
4. How do you expect players to learn how to make the right decisions in sufficiently representative environments?
5. Which means the realistic playing pool the academy has to select from is pi$h-poor...
6. And that results in not enough pressure on those in the academy to keep improving - hence they become arrogant and complacent
7. Leaving the pro team with a wafer thin squad of players fit for the pro game.

Would the fact the academy has produced 1 international forward in how many years be enough for you to believe the above chain of events is very active in Ulster?

<<Some>> potential fixes are:
1. Greater promotion of game in primary schools and summer camps by branch and pro team.
2. Better coaching of coaches and teachers at the lowest age levels by branch/pro team.
3. Outright ban any school that stops kids training/playing with clubs (initial ban = age grade in question, repeat offence = all age grades).
4. Branch/pro team can support clubs/schools in funding cameras to tape matches and elevated platforms to give a good view of the pitch - for the kids themselves to look at and spot their own mistakes - if they want to make it as pro players, they'll likely have the enthusiasm/hunger to spend the time looking at the videos and seeing what they could have done better.

5, 6 & 7 are cascade effects and cannot be fixed in of themselves.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:The one massive failing I saw in the appointment of Kiss as DOR was the fact that he had not the full skill set required and neither had Logan to notice that or realise there was a serious gap in knowledge of management of a side, hence Bryn had to come in and sort out half finished contracts etc
Kiss wasn’t the only one with a skills gap... more than a few of our signings are shown to not be up to it and there is no bigger FRAUD than Lord ‘Terry’ Lucan with a frabricated CV.. if he had 50% of what he claims then maybe he could actually do the job and people forget more than one of his business disappeared.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Baggy... this is supposedly where the Pro Game Board comes in. A small body of expertise that collectively run the Pro Game and which includes Bryn and Terry chaired by the former Match Day Manager and Ulster Team Manager back in the day. I guess this gets Terry out of the pickle of actually taking responsibility of making decisions and being held accountable..

I am told he just got used to walking around playing the CEO quoting little sound bites that made him look the dogs horlix and to those that credit him 100% with building the world class stadium that is the envy of world sport... the money was provided by the NIA through a joint sporting project designed to facilitate new stadium to the three sports and driven by the SIB who (and I stand to be corrected) appointed consultants, project managers and likely appointed the builders to reform Ravenhill... so maybe some credit to the SIB particularly its CEO at the time of the funding going through who also later happened to be Chair of URs PMC Committee.. my impression Terry was more like NIHE tenant getting his house rebuilt for him...

Snipe.. Terry = Logan so named by baggy. I also refer to him as Lord Lucan.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Snipe.. Terry = Logan so named by baggy. I also refer to him as Lord Lucan.
I thought Col Bogey was your high water mark.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe... that changed and led to renaming him as Terry (from baggy) after I suggested that I now considered it an insult to anyone that ever held the rank to continue referring to him as a Colonel..

He claimed publically to be the youngest ever commissioned officer in the British Army.. fact check his commission in 1982 was terminated 3 months after he got it.. to some on here that won’t matter to others like me it sums the fecker up.. a FRAUD .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:it an insult to anyone that ever held the rank to continue referring to him as a Colonel..
"Colonel" has always been a rank associated with ne'er do wells, cads and bluffers.

Colonels Mustard, Sanders, Tom Parker, Blimp, Klink and Gaddafi are just a few who typify the rank.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Logan's job description from 2009.

The Role

•The new Chief Executive (CEO) will report directly to the Chairman of the Ulster Branch and to the Management Committee of the Branch and will be an employee of the IRFU.

•Working closely with the Chairman and Management Committee of the Ulster Branch, the CEO will develop, lead and manage the establishment, implementation and evolution of the long and short term goals of the IRFU and Ulster Branch in the province.

•The CEO will be responsible in conjunction with the various committees for managing and developing the game in Ulster at Professional and Domestic levels including all financial and commercial aspects of the business as it affects players, contracts, sponsorship, staff management, working relationships with key stakeholders and the development of the Branch’s real estate and physical facilities.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (12.79 KiB) Viewed 889 times
Available for weddings May to August only
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Two words which should get Bryn a final written warning at least if not the sack.....THE HOND
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:Logan's job description from 2009.

The Role

•The new Chief Executive (CEO) will report directly to the Chairman of the Ulster Branch and to the Management Committee of the Branch and will be an employee of the IRFU.

•Working closely with the Chairman and Management Committee of the Ulster Branch, the CEO will develop, lead and manage the establishment, implementation and evolution of the long and short term goals of the IRFU and Ulster Branch in the province.

•The CEO will be responsible in conjunction with the various committees for managing and developing the game in Ulster at Professional and Domestic levels including all financial and commercial aspects of the business as it affects players, contracts, sponsorship, staff management, working relationships with key stakeholders and the development of the Branch’s real estate and physical facilities.
the Management Committee I have always taken to the the PMC hence why I can't fully understand when exactly the Pro-Game Board came about.

For me the sooner he goes the better... when you employ a joke you become a joke and there are many more than me that think UR is a joke shop even with the odd gem in it. To Serve and Lead I would open a company with that name if some other idiot hadn't already done it..
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Thanks, Snipe, as with all figures at UR, I pinned the name on him as Cockers though addressing him as "Colonel", even when followed by Blimp, was disrespecting the rank.

Ah, sorry, I see it has already been adequately and humorously described by Merv, and copyright properly attributed. All is well. :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Would be interested to know how our structure compares to that of the other 3 provinces? I'm not really sure there should be any volunteers involved in the pro side of the game as they are unlikely to have experience of best practise around the world, never mind the time needed. It could also prove a hindrance to making decisions quickly and reduces accountability. Surely with Dublin's influence there would be enough people to consult and agree things with?