Logan must go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Logan must go

Post by UlsterNo9 »

https://irishrugby.ie/news/18114.php#.WndFWedpFPY
27 November 2009
The Ulster Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union has today announced the appointment of Shane Logan as the new Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby.
The appointment has come at the end of a recruitment process that began in August, following the decision of Michael Reid to stand down as Ulster Rugby's Chief Executive.

Michael continued as Chief Executive on an interim basis until the appointment of his successor, and will now hand over to Shane Logan, who takes up his position in the New Year.

A graduate of Bangor Grammar School and Manchester University where he studied Law, Shane has gained a wealth of commercial experience over the last 17 years, in a wide range of industry sectors.

His first senior position was as General Manager of the world famous Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders, based in Belfast, which was followed by his appointment as the Head of Coca-Cola for Central Russia.

He is currently Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind.

Aged 46 and married with two children, Shane has a wide range of sporting interests and still runs competitively.

He has a lifelong commitment to the game of rugby, having coached in his hometown club of Bangor and played for clubs in three different continents.

Commenting on the appointment, Cecil Watson, President of the Ulster Branch, said: "The recruitment process attracted a high level of quality applicants for the position and was extremely competitive.

"Ulster Rugby is delighted to have secured the appointment of someone with such a range and depth of experience, and Shane will bring many levels of expertise to the position."

Commenting on his appointment, Shane said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby. I look forward to helping all parts of the game achieve their full potential and to Ulster Rugby playing a leading role in both Irish and International rugby."

Shane is currently still working in his current position and will not be available for media interviews until he formally takes up his role as Chief Executive in the New Year.
What would concern me is that the man who has been failing Ulster rugby for far more years than Shane Logan would still be in place going largely unnoticed. Even worse he would be chosing Logans successor.

Cecil Watson out.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Nos 9..... I and at least one other has raised Watson before as part of an aging over influential cabal that need to be told thanks for you’re time but it’s time to move on. They picked Logan over better scoring candidates from what was said at the time if not mistaken.. change whether it be CEO or DoR is only part of the problem..
Last edited by Cockatrice on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It will only paper over the cracks
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Getting better structures, improving the school system, AIL and Academy, having top notch coaches and the best players in the world, and providing the perfect match night experience would only paper over the cracks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Deraless wrote:Getting better structures, improving the school system, AIL and Academy, having top notch coaches and the best players in the world, and providing the perfect match night experience would only paper over the cracks.

...completely

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

has he been seen yet?
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Root & branch review of culture, governance, structure, non-playing personnel, standard of coaches & players, recruitment policy, dealing with under-performing management/players, training, game-time experience, team selection decision, policy of introducing younger players into starting 15, academy, increasing numbers playing at more schools, attitude to supporters, match-day experience etc etc
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

"I spotted Rogan ... "
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I fail to see what Logan actually brings to the table, currently.

He doesn't appear to be any sort of leader (missing in action this season), he doesn't appear to have any knowledge of player contracts (Cunninghams job), he doesn't seem to know the difference from a good coach from his arsehole, the player development structures within UR hav been designed by Humphreys and the outgoing DOR.

He has had a stadium, financed by the government and we still don't seem to have much cash, except when placing another layer between him and whatever struggling department within Ulster rugby is struggling, to save his own 'skin'.

I assume he is on good money, are the IRFU getting bang for buck with him?

The only thing he seems to do is get everything under the sun sponsored, I'm not surprised if he hasn't tried to get the oxygen we breathe in and around Kingspan.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Big-al wrote:I fail to see what Logan actually brings to the table, currently.

He doesn't appear to be any sort of leader (missing in action this season), he doesn't appear to have any knowledge of player contracts (Cunninghams job), he doesn't seem to know the difference from a good coach from his arsehole, the player development structures within UR hav been designed by Humphreys and the outgoing DOR.

He has had a stadium, financed by the government and we still don't seem to have much cash, except when placing another layer between him and whatever struggling department within Ulster rugby is struggling, to save his own 'skin'.

The only thing he seems to do is get everything under the sun sponsored, I'm not surprised if he hasn't tried to get the oxygen we breathe in and around Kingspan.
He has a sales team for the sponsorships

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Big-al wrote:I fail to see what Logan actually brings to the table, currently.

Correct, I may add BC was brought in because SL did try to do contracts, it started of by telling a player "don't expect the same wage as before as your older" players then went to agent and complained, he did coach at Bangor U20s and played in 3-4 continents so that's okay and a friend of Dick

And stadium rebuild was started by Reid, he also sacked three of the most well liked staff to make others fall in line and keep their mouths shut

No, and that's why he won't go, money is his motive, if he had any self respect he would have walked, Reid did, more of a man than Logan, however others such as Watson have to be kicked out

Money is going to be a lot tighter, sponsorship already threatened due to current issues, and as this is a small business community they have isolated a lot of sponsors they poorly treated.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

My congratulations to Big-al and Ger, those are prime reasons why Logan actually at best gets partial credit for the stadium*** and damn little for anything else. Furthermore his opting out of any sense of leading Ulster in a difficult season for all the very obvious reasons and seemingly going into hiding.

Given that he and/or his minions are known to read this august forum, I would ask if he has any interest in proving us wrong and crawl out of his bunker and give some sense of leadership.

*** in respect of the stadium, given their was a pot of money of around £120M I’d love to understand the rational of not including sufficient in the funding request to install under soil heating, especially given our odd wee microclimate. Would we really have been denied a few dollars more when seeking the paupers division of the overall funds. Spanners is a decent and adequate stadium, it is not a thing of beauty, it is largely a utilitarian breezeblock heaven, at least in the public facing areas. It could have been better, it’s grand but not a monument to anyone’s vision. Of course it uniquely has a guide dog toilet, which I believe Terry is very proud of, it’s called trap woof, though it is open air.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

"They seek him here, they seek him there
Those supporters seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That dammed elusive Colonel”
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:"They seek him here, they seek him there
Those supporters seek him everywhere
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That dammed elusive Colonel”
I take offence how anyone serving 3 months in the army before having his commission terminated can suggest he was a Colonel hence he be known as Terry.

As for the rumoured stories of fighting in the Falklands Terry would have had to be double jobbing because it started just before Terry was commissioned and if not mistaken ended after he lost said commission.. He was in essence as missing in that war as he is today.... but sure he later became a Royal Marine :scratch:
Last edited by Cockatrice on Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:My congratulations to Big-al and Ger, those are prime reasons why Logan actually at best gets partial credit for the stadium*** and damn little for anything else. Furthermore his opting out of any sense of leading Ulster in a difficult season for all the very obvious reasons and seemingly going into hiding.

Given that he and/or his minions are known to read this august forum, I would ask if he has any interest in proving us wrong and crawl out of his bunker and give some sense of leadership.

*** in respect of the stadium, given their was a pot of money of around £120M I’d love to understand the rational of not including sufficient in the funding request to install under soil heating, especially given our odd wee microclimate. Would we really have been denied a few dollars more when seeking the paupers division of the overall funds. Spanners is a decent and adequate stadium, it is not a thing of beauty, it is largely a utilitarian breezeblock heaven, at least in the public facing areas. It could have been better, it’s grand but not a monument to anyone’s vision. Of course it uniquely has a guide dog toilet, which I believe Terry is very proud of, it’s called trap woof, though it is open air.
Baggy... I have often loved Terrys use of the phase our World Class Stadium and more recently that it is the envy of Europe.. unfortunately I have visited better so maybe he needs to get out more often.. unless mistaken the rebuild was driven by the SIB with teams of consultants, project managers and others all put in place making it even easier for said Terry.. >6shooter