Logan must go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Logan must go

Post by Bart S »

Ulster employs a soft tissue therapist?

We should be telling them that there will be no more Andrex in trap 2 at Spanners. They barely deserve the Tesco own brand rough stuff.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote:Ulster employs a soft tissue therapist?
Send her round to Rum's house >EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If we need a DOR of any description then it should patently not be Gibbes at this stage. If it is we get a guy with zero experience for the role and doesn’t even seem to want to deal with what would probably be a fair chunk of the job spec.

He deserves a fair crack at the coaching job, but for all Kiss’s faults, i have not heard many stories on here of him having undermined Gibbes and a serious breakdown in relations between the two. It is up to Jonno to deliver now.

Have to say that i am not convinced that we should be achieving far better results - more a case of winning games more easily than we have done and turning over the odd result like Zebre away and maybe Dragons, as well as not capitulating away from home like we have, albeit still not winning thise games, I still think at best we have a team capable of a couple more wins than we have achieved this season, but not much more.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Bart S wrote:Ulster employs a soft tissue therapist?

We should be telling them that there will be no more Andrex in trap 2 at Spanners. They barely deserve the Tesco own brand rough stuff.
I met the very bloke a few years ago. If it's still the same guy, as well as UR he also looks after number of other local athletes.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I hope they take a long hard look at the current Head Coach - DoR - Ops Manager - CEO structure as for me it is a role/salary too much. I am sure most if not all clubs have a title similar to Ops Manager but from my understanding this specific role was created to get over the CEO inabilities to take on some of Humps previous workload.

Making the right choice at DoR could and should rectify this. The committees on the other I suspect mirror Leinster and Munster but I would be interested in seeing the make up of those provinces Pro Game Boards (if they have one) to see if those on them bring more to the table than ours.. What qualifications do those on our Pro Game Board have to run a professional rugby team indeed do they are they just a smoke and extra layer of teflon for those hiding behind them.. Few on here seem prepared to even to point the finger at any of them.

After that come the very long standing cabal of committee members that weld more power than they should (not all but the few) for they should be allowed to contribute to the domestic game not seemingly put their fingerprints on the pro-game... in short they need culled.

If Gibbes isn't the sort of man that actually wants to be a DoR then presumably they is a long standing wish and yes there are people like that that know what they are good at and it left alone they deliver 100% without the responsibility of being the big cheese. Proper due diligence would and should have identified that and if we were happy with him like that when we signed him then we need to be careful if we look to him as DoR full time.. because we are pushing him in a direction that he is uncomfortable with.

As for expertise we have some even on the committees take a look at the Chair of the PMC christ employing someone with his CV would cost us 2x CEO wages and before him the previous Chair very similar.. both with huge business experience and indeed the previous incumbent should be given much credit for the delivery of the stadia.. certainly more than the CEO.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If Gibbes does not want the DOR job he shouldn't be pushed in that direction, my own opinion is Kiss may have been decent enough at coaching bit attempting DOR was a step too far and ruined is other expertise.
As far as a CEO goes then with the wages on offer from UR then it will either be a young lad wanting to get a name for himself in that role and who will push things to build reputation before moving up the ladder in a few years. An older CEO who has been in a high pressure job wanting something less stressful for 4 or 5 years or one who is punching in the years to retirement.
Now the first 2 categories are excellent choices as they must deliver if they have further ambitions but the third is actually a total problem as they will just bumble along and punch in the years.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

In the current structure surely Bryn is DOR and Jonno is Head Coach. If we bring in a DOR why d
would we employ Bryn? We have more levels of management than we do players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Job titles mean nothing. it's job roles that count.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Bryns title has changed from Operations Manager to Operations Director recently which would imply he has new / additional duties.

Operations Director may now fulfil Director of Rugby role.

Add a defence coach and get on with it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

The only Les Kiss of interest to me from here on is Lesbian Kiss...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:Job titles mean nothing. it's job roles that count.
Part of the problem for me snipe is and maybe it is only an impression but UR appear to change job titles and roles.. if not mistaken Bryn has maybe had three job titles since he started.. whoever the new DoR if we continue on that path should have control of rugby matters.

To add... when Bryn was first appointment it was to the position of Team Manager described by Terry as a new role after a review of structures.. interestingly it appears we previously had a Team Manager anyhow further confirming that Terry makes it up as he went along..
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

And for the record 3 years after a review of structures we presumably need another one badly.. plus when was the re-structure of the Academy? Based on this we need re-structured every 18 months..
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Just let Bryn do the paperwork, change his title to DOR, hire a defence coach and carry on until Logan gets a boot up the arasse
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In my considered and quite drunk opinion, we very badly need to return to a DOR who doesn't coach but does meddle s bit to keep others honest but primarily concerned himself with the bits and pieces a pro team needs and let coaches coach.

I have it on reasonable authority that nobody on the playing staff is gutted to see the back of Kiss and some are positively effusive.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.