Kiss gone with immediate effect

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rockrugger
Novice

Re: Kiss gone with immediate effect

Post by Rockrugger »

kingofthehill wrote:Is Logie next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Logan, Bryan Cunningham and Dayne Peel- ship the whole lot out!

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rockrugger wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Is Logie next?

Logan, Bryan Cunningham and Dayne Peel- ship the whole lot out!

Adrift on an open sea.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yes Justin, Les is an OK guy who was passionate about his JOB. That doesn't mean he's the right man for that job. He clearly wasn't and was out of his depth from day one. No excuses about injuries or two empty heads in court. HIS team selections, HIS constant tinkering, HIS playing lads out of position and HIS treatment of players cannot be ignored or covered up with talk of bad luck with injuries.
Passive drift defence....FACK RIGHT AFF
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Les Kiss's days were numbered as soon as he said he didn't need to target games, that and his defence tactics.

There are a lot of problems within Ulster rugby, an academy that has only produced 1 international forward in the last 8 seasons, a lack of playing ability, particularly up front (and now in the backs), a culture of excessive backslapping themselves after wins and excuses after failure and almost zero accountability it appears from the management structure of the organisation.

Another problem, IMO, is a lack of fitness/stamina during the last 20 minutes, this maybe down to a lack of impact of the bench, but in far too many games this past few seasons, Ulster have simply drifted out of games in the last quarter.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:Jono is going to have a taster of being at the helm and he may like it, or possibly hate it. Either way, I'm sure he can thole 8 games.
I've always liked Stuart Lancaster, even when he was coaching the Perfidious Albion XV. He's just punching in time at the RDS helping Plug and Co.
Stuart's time at Lionel HQ was all about getting the culture correct

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Chris Boyd came across as a very impressive man manager during the three part fly-on-the-wall documentary about the Hurricanes in 2016. If it weren't for the parallel demise of Mallander at the Saints Boyd would have been on the IRFU radar for the DoR job here.
nev666
Novice

Post by nev666 »

Going make what i think will be a massively unpopular suggestion...............

This devolution thing obviously aint working, when you have muppets and amateurs not able to come up with the right answers on the hill (Ravenhill), it should be a professional outfit and not as an amateur side show.

Direct rule is needed, and by that i mean that UR on the playing side is the amateur side show, the IRFU need to take it in hand and make the hard decisions on implementing a plan, a coaching ticket. It is after all in their best interests for Ulster to be producing players for the national squad, is that not the raison d'être for the whole shebang (maybe shouldn't use that term in the current climate).

Now you and I know its not our raison d'être and i couldn't really give a flying feck about #COYBIG for me its only about UR but this might be a win win win. The amateur blazers don't get the chance to feck it up again, if it goes pear shaped its the IRFU's fault, if it were to go well wasn't it magnanimous of us to accept what was a correct decision.

Alternatively all of this could be ballix.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

lw7 wrote:Chris Boyd came across as a very impressive man manager during the three part fly-on-the-wall documentary about the Hurricanes in 2016. If it weren't for the parallel demise of Mallander at the Saints Boyd would have been on the IRFU radar for the DoR job here.
He was on the radar for Cardiff as well.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

nev666 wrote:Going make what i think will be a massively unpopular suggestion...............

This devolution thing obviously aint working, when you have muppets and amateurs not able to come up with the right answers on the hill (Ravenhill), it should be a professional outfit and not as an amateur side show.

Direct rule is needed, and by that i mean that UR on the playing side is the amateur side show, the IRFU need to take it in hand and make the hard decisions on implementing a plan, a coaching ticket. It is after all in their best interests for Ulster to be producing players for the national squad, is that not the raison d'être for the whole shebang (maybe shouldn't use that term in the current climate).

Now you and I know its not our raison d'être and i couldn't really give a flying feck about #COYBIG for me its only about UR but this might be a win win win. The amateur blazers don't get the chance to feck it up again, if it goes pear shaped its the IRFU's fault, if it were to go well wasn't it magnanimous of us to accept what was a correct decision.

Alternatively all of this could be ballix.
I'd agree with the alternative view.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

NevDevil, I think you'll find the FIRFU already have a big say in what happens here. They are after all the tip of the pyramid with the provinces spread beneath. Nothing happens without D4 approval.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Kiss was the source of all of Ulster's problems, right? Nothing to do with the quality of the stock of players he had, right?
His removal means everything is alright now, right?
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Dublin4 wrote:Kiss was the source of all of Ulster's problems, right? Nothing to do with the quality of the stock of players he had, right?
I think if you read around some of the various threads you'll see that there's something approaching a consensus on the fact that Kiss is not the source of all our problems. Indeed, some people go as far as to say that he shouldn't be made a scapegoat for what are deep-lying, cultural problems within UR.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

A wise man once told me the following and I know Ulster Rugby read this board, I hope someone gets this and understands.

" when Ulster rugby went professional the best amateurs got the jobs, unfortunately the best amateurs still have the jobs in the professional game"

Kiss, is gone , pushed by the same unprofessional dinosaurs amateurs to save their little empires and petty little political games.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Kiss was the source of all of Ulster's problems, right? Nothing to do with the quality of the stock of players he had, right?

Here is a suggestion for you D4, don't talk ballix. A cursory glance at this thread will tell you that every contributor here knows he is not the ONLY problem but you need to be blind dumb & stupid to think he was not a MAJOR problem and he simply could not remain.

I know of at least one player leaving whose prime reason he was not interested in staying is KISS. It's a simple fact that Les Kiss rose above his natural pay grade and was not up to it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Kiss may not have been the cause of all the problems and he has taken a hit for other people who are presumably harder to dismiss. However, speaking as someone who has a wee bit of experience, albeit in another sport, he lost me when he misread the situation entirely and sent a weakened team to Oyonnax. We needed a bonus point win - in the end almost came a complete cropper. His reasoning was the need to save players for the visit to Sorries the next week. 5 points against Oyonnax would almost certainly have meant qualification into the SDC quarters - Sorries result didn't matter. Since then a series of bizzare selections culminated recently in the Connacht embarrassment with most of the back line playing out of position. Frankly , the plot had long since escaped from his clutches.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians