Kiss gone with immediate effect

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Kiss gone with immediate effect

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:Anyone have a link to where Jono has indicated that he doesn't want the top dog role?
KOTHs first post in this thread.
More accurate then media, is our King.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Okay gonna clear the air with this, KISS is not the sole problem, this is a brad pitt move,Gibbs is the forwards coach and to be blunt, the forwards have been brad pitt, so those with a hard on over Gibbs getting top dog , shame on you, Logan , fûck him, he is spineless and a bullshitter, he has not the balks to walk, a self appointed hung Ho warrior , bullshit , Logan go now , save the embarrassment , the Blazers like Watson are untouchable , that's who made this decision, sorry guys but if this is keeping you happy FOUAFC. I am done.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:Sad day my order of FOLK t-shirts will now be no more than yesterday’s dusters ..
Don't despair, CT. I have it on good authority that we're talking to Lorraine Kelly.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Sad day my order of FOLK t-shirts will now be no more than yesterday’s dusters ..
Don't despair, CT. I have it on good authority that we're talking to Lorraine Kelly.
Has she a granny from Lisburn?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Jonno has been a forwards coach, possibly a head coach for a shirt while, albeit that appears to have been in name only, as he himself has pointed out and also possibly through his own choice.

If people were not happy with Kiss being appointed DOR due to a lack of experience, then what exactly would Gibbes bring to the role right now? If KOTH is correct (and if there is one poster on here who is in the know it is the King) then I would say it was a good thing that Gibbes does not want the DOR role right now.

We should be reviewing the management structure before appointing one anyway to determine what the role profile is and then decide who to target...(in lisburn or bangor of course).
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:There's a pattern, maybe a malaise in rugby, coaches being sacked all over the shop, for expectations not
being met constantly, for my part, there's now a groundswell building at Leicester that maybe, just maybe, they should have kept Cockerill and not touched O'Conner with a barge pole. Sometimes it really is a case of be careful what you wish for.

Take your point TB and I respected Cockers but thought MOC a bit of a muppet, however you need to have seen Ulster at close quarters to understand how bad it is. We have been going backwards since he arrived, he made Anscombe look a big loss. As many here will tell you, he is the man who was the obvious target but there are those in higher office who should go too, principally the CEO Terry, who has become a figure of farce as he continues his impersonation of the Scarlet Pimpernel.

They seek him here
They seek him there
They seek out Terry everywhere
He’s a 4 star general
With self-reliance
Which is why we’re confused
By months of silence
Some say he claims
To turn shyte to gold
I say to that
Yer ould arsehole
He sits alone
In his ivory tower
Whilst the Ulster faithful
Gurn and glower
In year eight
Of his five year plan
It’s abundantly clear,
Another wrong man.
It’s a constant
Cycle of crap
Whoever appoints these clowns
Is in bad need of a slap
So again we flounder
In the gutter
It’s not easy being
A committed Ulster Nutter.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kofi Annan wrote:Okay gonna clear the air with this, KISS is not the sole problem, this is a brad pitt move,Gibbs is the forwards coach and to be blunt, the forwards have been brad pitt, so those with a hard on over Gibbs getting top dog , shame on you, Logan , fûck him, he is spineless and a bullshitter, he has not the balks to walk, a self appointed hung Ho warrior , bullshit , Logan go now , save the embarrassment , the Blazers like Watson are untouchable , that's who made this decision, sorry guys but if this is keeping you happy FOUAFC. I am done.
Get off the fence Kofi,say it how it really is :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
west22
Novice

Kiss gone with immediate effect

Post by west22 »

Can’t help but think this is more to do with season ticket sales than current position. Will Ulster not amble to the end of the season regardless of Kiss in or now out.
In the press release, is the job not Gibbes? I read here about other people coming in as DOR, but the Ulster Rugby statement suggests that Gibbes will be in charge and a review will ascertain if any other coaching is required.
http://ulsterrugby.com/news/16940.php#.WnJSECSnyhA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Let's not worry about the 'Director of Rugby' role. What we need is a new head coach. The other bits of the job description will (and always have) alter to suit the chosen candidate's wishes, strengths and experience (and perhaps create some jobs for the boys simultaneously).

Like others I have my concerns about Gibbes, but I'm sure his achievements at Montferrand were not a fluke, so why not give him a run with some of the oft-mentioned managers supporting him with the management duties.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

When is Warren Gatland available?

A rocky six nations and he's ours :thumleft:
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Jackie Brown wrote:
BR wrote:
Has she a granny from Lisburn?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Draperstown.

Bit exotic for UR
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:When is Warren Gatland available?

A rocky six nations and he's ours :thumleft:
SOB will give him a reference.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

To be honest I no longer give a shyt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

All the best for the future Les.

You took the time to have a word a few times in Italy and France and, me being a new kid on the block and all, that was appreciated and represented UR in a good light.

It was also apparent that you were passionate about bringing success to the province. Hopefully the next man in will have better luck with injuries.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Who exactly thinks that Les Kiss is the sole problem in Ulster rugby Kofi? He might not be THE problem but he certainly has been a problem, this is a positive step, we've still plenty more to take and booting Logan and taking apart the upper management should be one of them.