Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 32 users online :: 9 registered, 1 hidden and 22 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jamsodonnell, Majestic-12 [Bot], pwrmoore, SemrushBot, UlsterNo9, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657547
Total topics 19119
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:26 pm

In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).



Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30111
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby big mervyn » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Rooster wrote:I hate confusing conferences

I canted be ar$ed trying to figure it out and will be relying on Neill for regular updates until the end of the season. Do we still have a season Neill?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10640
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Russ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Neill_M wrote:In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
The Lionels will want a bribe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28200
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:35 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).



Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.


The Nigels have rejigged the rules for the 20th and last spot in the Heiny for 18/19. Has made the Parker Pen relevant again. If Connacht beat Gloucester at home in QF, will be away at Newcastle/Brive.

The 20th place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
The Lionels will want a bribe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Would not be a surprise, get some South African sponsorship on board.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Russ » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
The Lionels will want a bribe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Would not be a surprise, get some South African sponsorship on board.
Might pish off Turkish Airlinez though
I'm glad Turkish can get me to games in France and Italy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28200
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Rooster » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).



Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.


The Nigels have rejigged the rules for the 20th and last spot in the Heiny for 18/19. Has made the Parker Pen relevant again. If Connacht beat Gloucester at home in QF, will be away at Newcastle/Brive.

The 20th place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner
Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:In regards to the South African sides and getting into the Heineken/Challenge Cups, there is a meeting in March to try and agree that they could be eligible to try and qualify for the 2019/20 Cup. The Nigels and the Froggies would have to agree to it also.
The Lionels will want a bribe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Would not be a surprise, get some South African sponsorship on board.
Might pish off Turkish Airlinez though
I'm glad Turkish can get me to games in France and Italy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Long way round from Dublin to Paris they have 1 change in Istanbul, wtf 16 hour flight
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39838
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:26 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:I hate confusing conferences

I canted be ar$ed trying to figure it out and will be relying on Neill for regular updates until the end of the season. Do we still have a season Neill?


We are in a fight to hold onto a position, we would have been expected to finish in at the start of the season. 3rd in conference behind D4 and Scaaarlets and a glorious defeat in the playoffs etc.

Would like to think LK was given targets where making the last 8 in Europe was a "goal" and finishing at worst 3rd in the conference and making the playoffs was a must.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby 222toHounslow » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:22 pm

FOUR
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
222toHounslow
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1478
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).



Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.


The Nigels have rejigged the rules for the 20th and last spot in the Heiny for 18/19. Has made the Parker Pen relevant again. If Connacht beat Gloucester at home in QF, will be away at Newcastle/Brive.

The 20th place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner


Think you will be likely to go a long way down that list before the Westies get the spot.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30111
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby BaggyTrousers » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:21 pm

222toHounslow wrote:FOUR


Wrong spelling 222, when one takes out the King Cobra and smacks one a prodigious length likely to scone some poor fecker, the shout is FORE
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30111
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Rooster » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:23 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Connacht for example, of course, could secure a place in the Heiny via the Challenge Cup and the Conference A slot for the playoff could slip to the 6th placed side (currently Ospreys).



Well yes, but I will discount that possibility for now if you don't mind. Connacht has won 4 matches from 13 in the league, I know not many teams actually try in the Parker Pen but when it comes to the latter stages there will be better than Connacht.

On the bright side, two of Connacht's best performances this season have been against Ulster, so every chance they could finally break the Ravenhill hoodoo stretching back to 1963.


The Nigels have rejigged the rules for the 20th and last spot in the Heiny for 18/19. Has made the Parker Pen relevant again. If Connacht beat Gloucester at home in QF, will be away at Newcastle/Brive.

The 20th place in the Champions Cup will be determined as follows:

i) Champions Cup winner, if not already qualified
ii) Challenge Cup winner, if not already qualified
iii) Challenge Cup losing finalist, if not already qualified
iv) Play-off match between the losing Challenge Cup semi-finalists, if not already qualified
v) Highest ranked non-qualified club by virtue of league position from the same league as the Champions Cup winner


Think you will be likely to go a long way down that list before the Westies get the spot.

I would say their best chance is the first option, Leinster win the Supa Dupa
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39838
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Eggs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Leinster will have already qualified, so then it just automatically goes to option 2
User avatar
Eggs
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: The Run In - 8 Games to Go

Postby Neill_M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:51 pm

Relying on D4 would be option 5 on that list.

Of the 8 sides in the PP QF (Newcastle, Gloucester and Cardiff are currently qualifying via their league).

Stade, Pau, Brive, Westies and Edinburgh aren’t.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jamsodonnell, UlsterNo9, YandexBot and 11 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->