Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 30 users online :: 7 registered, 2 hidden and 21 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], pwrmoore, SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657547
Total topics 19119
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

Season Over

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: Season Over

Postby Cockatrice » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:50 pm

rumncoke wrote:At least Russ it better than no idea
And in fact totally ignores several other points

Don’t play for the play offs
Get busy coaching McPhillips
Put Kiss on notice ( publicly)

Those haunting Logan fail to realise he is an employee like a Department head in the Civil Service — he can advise he can recommend but he can not decide .
Hiring and Firing at the end of the week is finally the responsibility of the Committee .

At the moment as pointed out Coachspeak is a cloudy load of cliches failing to identify anything other than short term goals without any detail how a change in fortunes will be achieved and failure to face the fact that while many can accept defeat it is the margin of that defeat which is totally unacceptable .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


One reason why I have said that we should also question if we have the right people on the Pro-Game Board...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Season Over

Postby stev1eG » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm

I think the consensus is to prioritise on finishing 3rd ie. Finishing above Edinburgh. I'm loathe to do it, as it seems like damage limitation and reactive, but there are games we will not win as we are not good enough.
2 key dates are...16 Feb (Edinburgh at Ravenhill), and 7 April (Edinburgh away).
I would not necessarily write off the games against Scarlets (23 Feb away) and Glasgow (2 Mar) at home given the 6 Nations and the numbers of players in those clubs playing for Scotland/Wales (Edinburgh have 11 players in the Scotland squad). But, I would also not be surprised also if Ulster lost (especially to Scarlets away).
Our last game is Munster away on or around 28 Apr, and at that stage Munster will either be in the final of the SDC or not! We need to be clear by around 14 April when we have Coachless Ospreys at home. (and they are playing for 4th pace at best).
Bit disappointing that for another year, that we are left with the 'hope' for next year being better, but this can only be so if something changes - players, coaching, mentality, organisation, attitude all round - I for one do not like the perceived 'christian' (as in the religion) ethos that seems to pervade the club. We need to be more realistic and pragmatic.
User avatar
stev1eG
Novice
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Season Over

Postby 222toHounslow » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm

If we go into next season with every exactly the same as it is now, the number of season tickets not renewed will be in the thousands.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
222toHounslow
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1478
Images: 0
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Re: Season Over

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:04 pm

222toHounslow wrote:If we go into next season with every exactly the same as it is now, the number of season tickets not renewed will be in the thousands.
I assume Logan has instructed Bryn to open the bank

When in reality it should be an instruction to Les to play great rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28200
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Season Over

Postby Eggs » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:01 pm

I still believe we need a terblanche type of signing at 10. Doesn’t need to come to play every minute of every game, but to steer the ship and give McPhillips a bit of mentorship. I am amongst the few who actually thought Donald was a very clever signing, and would have worked well
User avatar
Eggs
Warrior Chief
 
Posts: 1656
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: Season Over

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:07 pm

We need a real Lock, we need a back row, if Marcel isnt coming back we might be better saying all the best, pity he is wirld class. Deysel as much as i quite like him is on a par with Jordi, we could get better.

I have ZERO hope or desire to see 'he who must not be named back at 10. So a good NIQ 10 would be a must, someone who could bring on McPhillips... Ruan had absolutely feck all to bring on bar .... The aforementioned unmentionable.

This season is a ballix, scrap it now, a year going for the A cup silly diddy pot would be tolerable if it meant we were improving. Busting the gut and signing journeymen to stay in the big diddy cup is pointless.

Time we fessed up.... We're shyte, try and fix it... No more spin or sound bites.... Get real and clear out the mediocrity. Rubbish in Rubbish out has already been proved no need to confirm it agsin next year.

If not.... I and I suspect many many other ST holders are gone.... Bye.... Sell the naming rights to Exodus Logie. We're getting fed up now.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Season Over

Postby Cockatrice » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:11 pm

Cornerfleg wrote:We need a real Lock, we need a back row, if Marcel isnt coming back we might be better saying all the best, pity he is wirld class. Deysel as much as i quite like him is on a par with Jordi, we could get better.

I have ZERO hope or desire to see 'he who must not be named back at 10. So a good NIQ 10 would be a must, someone who could bring on McPhillips... Ruan had absolutely feck all to bring on bar .... The aforementioned unmentionable.

This season is a ballix, scrap it now, a year going for the A cup silly diddy cup would be tolerable if it meant we were improving. Busting the gut abd signing journeymen to stay in thr big diddy cup is pointless.

Time we fessed up.... We're shyte, try and fix it... No more spin or sound bites.... Get real and clear out the mediocrity. Rubbish in Rubbish out has already been proved no need to confirm it agsin next year.

If not.... I and I suspect many many other ST holders are gone.... Bye.... Sell the naming rights to Exodus Logie. We're getting fed up now.


I say turn up for the A's in their Q_F cup match in our thousands and give the superstars a reality check by giving them a miss.. half empty stadium and a drop in bar sales and the missing leader of men will have to come out of the trench..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Season Over

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:15 pm

And please show the likes of Ah Feck, Hond, Kabaddi, p, Ross, Herron, etc the door don't care if theyve more time to go... Out da feck thanks for the effort, we don't need B&I cup standard players here anymore.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Season Over

Postby HwoodMike2umate » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:19 pm

Well I'm looking forward to a wee trip to Limerick at the end of April 2018.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
User avatar
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5519
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)

Re: Season Over

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:We need a real Lock, we need a back row, if Marcel isnt coming back we might be better saying all the best, pity he is wirld class. Deysel as much as i quite like him is on a par with Jordi, we could get better.

I have ZERO hope or desire to see 'he who must not be named back at 10. So a good NIQ 10 would be a must, someone who could bring on McPhillips... Ruan had absolutely feck all to bring on bar .... The aforementioned unmentionable.

This season is a ballix, scrap it now, a year going for the A cup silly diddy cup would be tolerable if it meant we were improving. Busting the gut abd signing journeymen to stay in thr big diddy cup is pointless.

Time we fessed up.... We're shyte, try and fix it... No more spin or sound bites.... Get real and clear out the mediocrity. Rubbish in Rubbish out has already been proved no need to confirm it agsin next year.

If not.... I and I suspect many many other ST holders are gone.... Bye.... Sell the naming rights to Exodus Logie. We're getting fed up now.


I say turn up for the A's in their Q_F cup match in our thousands and give the superstars a reality check by giving them a miss.. half empty stadium and a drop in bar sales and the missing leader of men will have to come out of the trench..
Depending on the weather I could be in Bedford

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28200
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Season Over

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:25 pm

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Well I'm looking forward to a wee trip to Limerick at the end of April 2018.


Are you going with Stab Tours or Junkie box B&B? Tripadvisor recomends www.breakfastthroughatube.com for cheap accommodation.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Season Over

Postby Tender » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Just when we think we've suffered enough...along comes Rum!
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Season Over

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Tender wrote:Just when we think we've suffered enough...along comes Rum!


UAFCs answer to The Hond.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Season Over

Postby Tender » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Have they ever been seen in public together?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Season Over

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Has Rum and Trumps speach writer ever been seen in the same room?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, YandexBot and 15 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->