Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ulster32
Novice

Re: Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by ulster32 »

That was sh1te
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Aye Charlie just you laugh and joke with your Wasp mates like you haven't been humped out of the Champions Cup in embarrassing fashion.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Hilarious this forum crashes every time Ulster produce a performance even the dragons would be ashamed of.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Joe Schmo wrote:Hilarious this forum crashes every time Ulster produce a performance even the dragons would be ashamed of.
Overloads with punters ready to vent
Plus Logie wanting to read it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Any post match comments yet? Has kiss resigned yet?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

I do feel that with a 10 who could play the conditions today we may have stood more of a chance. Not to take anything away from Leliafano who has been great in the main. You do however feel that a couple of fellas and their private lives have royally screwed us all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Are Ulster one of the best 8 teams in Europe? Nope!

We accept mediocrity.

Stop bitching.

Would binning Lester help? Nope.

Did our NIQs stand up and make a difference today? Did they fûck!

I’m tired of this shyte
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

222toHounslow wrote:Are Ulster one of the best 8 teams in Europe? Nope!

We accept mediocrity.

Stop bitching.

Would binning Lester help? Nope.

Did our NIQs stand up and make a difference today? Did they fûck!

I’m tired of this shyte
So binning Les and bringing in Wayne Smith, Wayne Pivac, Gregor Townsend etc wouldn’t make a difference?
Obviously we won’t get any of them but there are top coaches out there. Tony Brown would be the coach I would be going after.

Sacking Kiss and getting a top coach would make a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Jackie Brown wrote:I do feel that with a 10 who could play the conditions today we may have stood more of a chance. Not to take anything away from Leliafano who has been great in the main. You do however feel that a couple of fellas and their private lives have royally screwed us all.

You have to be joking? Unless you were thinking of going back in time and bringing Ferris at his finest back to play 10. Once again our forwards were completely outmuscled, decimated at the breakdown. Dan Carter at his best wouldn’t have made a sniff of a difference
Last edited by Eggs on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Ian Humphreys has it sussed. Our pack played really well against La Rochelle and couldn't be expected to play like that 2 weeks in a row.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Can a chap not enjoy his sabbatical without having to correct egregious errors?

In discussing decoy runners and the like we're missing the point. Notwithstanding the apparently random selection policy in the backline, particularly at centre, debating the quality of our backline play is a distraction, because our bad back play is a symptom, not the root of the problem.

We rarely gain parity at the breakdown and that is the long and short of it. Our tackling is weak and our contesting of the ball lacks aggression (It reeks of rugby league). Too many carry badly with poor technique and they don’t protect the ball in contact. We’re too easy to stop, slow down and turn over.

Poor with the ball and poor without the ball, resulting in knock-ons, turnovers and slow ball. Any backline in the world would struggle under those circumstances playing with bad ball and continually on the back foot.
Until the forwards start to do their jobs effectively, we will be second or third rate. Once they supply the backs with consistently decent ball and at speed, the backs will rediscover their mojo and we can go places. Otherwise expect more of the same.
Wish you'd stay away

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Grim
FOSW
FOSL
FOLK

And yet here you are desperately seeking my attention. Again.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Hilarious this forum crashes every time Ulster produce a performance even the dragons would be ashamed of.
Overloads with punters ready to vent
Plus Logie wanting to read it
URPR launching DDOS attacks

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Can a chap not enjoy his sabbatical without having to correct egregious errors?

In discussing decoy runners and the like we're missing the point. Notwithstanding the apparently random selection policy in the backline, particularly at centre, debating the quality of our backline play is a distraction, because our bad back play is a symptom, not the root of the problem.

We rarely gain parity at the breakdown and that is the long and short of it. Our tackling is weak and our contesting of the ball lacks aggression (It reeks of rugby league). Too many carry badly with poor technique and they don’t protect the ball in contact. We’re too easy to stop, slow down and turn over.

Poor with the ball and poor without the ball, resulting in knock-ons, turnovers and slow ball. Any backline in the world would struggle under those circumstances playing with bad ball and continually on the back foot.
Until the forwards start to do their jobs effectively, we will be second or third rate. Once they supply the backs with consistently decent ball and at speed, the backs will rediscover their mojo and we can go places. Otherwise expect more of the same.
Wish you'd stay away

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Grim
FOSW
FOSL
FOLK

And yet here you are desperately seeking my attention. Again.
Sniffing all over my posts
Welcome back langer

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Sat there wearing 5 layers trying to work out if we got pinged more often than we knocked on.

Lost count of both.

Dublin was an enjoyable evening compared to that.

Feel sorry for the poor feckers who've got to endure another night in Cov.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Eggs wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:I do feel that with a 10 who could play the conditions today we may have stood more of a chance. Not to take anything away from Leliafano who has been great in the main. You do however feel that a couple of fellas and their private lives have royally screwed us all.

You have to be joking? Unless you were thinking of going back in time and bringing Ferris at his finest back to play 10. Once again our forwards were completely outmuscled, decimated at the breakdown. Dan Carter at his best wouldn’t have made a sniff of a difference
Obviously our pack got smashed, but we didn't even try and play in the correct parts of the field when we did get it.

Defence laughable, a dummy runner at 10-12 to fix the defence then a skip pass and they were round us every time.

How can fans see that and the coaches can't?

Gonna Party Like It's 1999