Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by kingofthehill »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Eggs wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:I do feel that with a 10 who could play the conditions today we may have stood more of a chance. Not to take anything away from Leliafano who has been great in the main. You do however feel that a couple of fellas and their private lives have royally screwed us all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
You have to be joking? Unless you were thinking of going back in time and bringing Ferris at his finest back to play 10. Once again our forwards were completely outmuscled, decimated at the breakdown. Dan Carter at his best wouldn’t have made a sniff of a difference
Obviously our pack got smashed, but we didn't even try and play in the correct parts of the field when we did get it.

Defence laughable, a dummy runner at 10-12 to fix the defence then a skip pass and they were round us every time.

How can fans see that and the coaches can't?

Carr was able to pick from back of scrum and end up rounding our 10 12 and 13.

The defence reminded me of Ireland v Argentina in World Cup. Is that a coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by kingofthehill on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Hilarious this forum crashes every time Ulster produce a performance even the dragons would be ashamed of.
Overloads with punters ready to vent
Plus Logie wanting to read it
Any truth in the rumour that he is still trying to find out who certain people are?

I have been asked about certain names over the years by certain people who may or may not be agents of the CEO. My advice to all is rather like the RA, "say fu@k all Paddy".

Boys and girls being right is scant reward when you see your team being comfortably bested, believe me when I say that getting an away QF may have given a bit of instant gratification but really I come back to our paltry 3 away wins, Treviso, Kings & Quims and suggest if we weren't embarrassed today we would have been then.

Be calm, take it on the chin and consider what needs to happen to get better. :red:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

If you want cheered up go over to the official UR Bakebook page......full of moonbeams
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

scrum5 wrote:If you want cheered up go over to the official UR Bakebook page......full of moonbeams
Full of the usual "I'm a better fan than you cos I will always SUFTUM and never criticise" brigade. I'd love to administer a swift backhander to the side the the head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

scrum5 wrote:If you want cheered up go over to the official UR Bakebook page......full of moonbeams
Some real melters on there.
By the way anyone ever see this player McCluskey a lot talk about ? Ffs spell his name properly
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't you just enjoy the Harlequins win?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
Some real melters on there.
By the way anyone ever see this player McCluskey a lot talk about ? Ffs spell his name properly
Speaking of McCloskey, there was a telling comment from Gusher on 1341 when he said he couldn't remember him throwing a pass. It might not have been the conditions but Wasps seemed to manage it ok.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42767915

Is it only me that Peel ticks off in this interview?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

I'm doing my best on Bakebook to bring a touch of reality but it's hard work
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Deraless wrote:
Full of the usual "I'm a better fan than you cos I will always SUFTUM and never criticise" brigade. I'd love to administer a swift backhander to the side the the head.

The very basis of loyalty and friendship IS fair, genuinely-considered criticism.

OK, so we all fail in that from time to time; BUT we must analyse what we see, not pretend it's not happening.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

One bakebooker saying we should build team around Christian next year...

Like baggy my view is we have been one match away from a hiding for a while so if not this then properly put to the sword by a side turning up to mean business in a QF. We have ridden our luck for a while now turning up every so often to put things right before defending back into farce...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

scrum5 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42767915

Aye they're going to go home and work hard. Ballix

Gonna Party Like It's 1999
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Add me to that. Hard to expect him to show any emotion but having to be prompted for an apology is poor. Jonnos reputation will go down the pan very quickly unless things change. Can't see him putting up with this much longer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Thought the players looked tired. They're not overplayed, they're not at the end of the season, are they unfit or overworked?

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

jean valjean wrote:

Add me to that. Hard to expect him to show any emotion but having to be prompted for an apology is poor. Jonnos reputation will go down the pan very quickly unless things change. Can't see him putting up with this much longer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
What about the others that don’t have the balls to face the press...

Col. Logan has been Missing in Action for far too long as well.. not the first time though he missed the action in the Falklands and a few other places as well.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU