Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:Book a trip to Coventry thereafter start saving for Q-F and S-F ... already checking rooms in Bilbao.
Spoiler alert - there are none below €500 pp

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Book a trip to Coventry thereafter start saving for Q-F and S-F ... already checking rooms in Bilbao.

There is a thread re the final on LF. Does seem that there is serious price increases in Bilbao for a hotel etc.

Others staying in San Sebastian where prices are still sensible apparently and travelling down to Bilbao for the game etc.

The Newcastle final in 18/19 is much more accessible.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:

There is a thread re the final on LF. Does seem that there is serious price increases in Bilbao for a hotel etc.

Others staying in San Sebastian where prices are still sensible apparently and travelling down to Bilbao for the game etc.

Direct flights from Dublin to Santander, then an hour to Bilbao. Accommodation in Santander is pretty normal.

I'd guess that there are a lot of hotels in Bilbao booked with free cancellation.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Bilbao prices are horrendous and showing how they are milking it...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Nick Mullins has booked Portugal
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:Bilbao prices are horrendous and showing how they are milking it...
Cardiff mark 2

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:

If Ulster make the final - houl' on a minute, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - that's better, I will drive up from Casa Baggy.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:

If Ulster make the final - houl' on a minute, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - that's better, I will drive up from Casa Baggy.
Don't think you need to worry about journey planning to Bilbao :lol:

Have a sneaky feeling that Ulster will make the QF, but will be away to Leinster :roll: ;)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Russ wrote:

If Ulster make the final - houl' on a minute, Image Image Image Image Image - that's better, I will drive up from Casa Baggy.
Don't think you need to worry about journey planning to Bilbao Image

Have a sneaky feeling that Ulster will make the QF, but will be away to Leinster :roll: ;)
Hardly even worth making the trip to Dublin then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

If it is Leinster v Ulster, would not be rushing down to Dublin for sure. IRFU would love that draw, probably make D4 move the game to LR to try and get a 50k sellout....
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:If it is Leinster v Ulster, would not be rushing down to Dublin for sure. IRFU would love that draw, probably make D4 move the game to LR to try and get a 50k sellout....
Leinster QF is touted to be in Aviva no matter what
Winner of that also gets a home semi if I remember correctly
Also Aviva

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Bilbao prices are horrendous and showing how they are milking it...
Cardiff mark 2

I had a look at the Bilbao prices last night, found a few outside the city centre around £300- £400 per night.

As an example, there is a pleasant 1 star hotel on a hillside 3 miles from the city centre, 11/13 May £1066 with a bargain brekkie at €4.

The following weekend you have a choice of 4 five star hotels from £213 to £479 for 2 nights.

G'wan Bilbao, fill yer boots. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I've been to a couple of Cardiff finals, the mark up was amateurish by comparison.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cardiff mark 2

I had a look at the Bilbao prices last night, found a few outside the city centre around £300- £400 per night.

As an example, there is a pleasant 1 star hotel on a hillside 3 miles from the city centre, 11/13 May £1066 with a bargain brekkie at €4.

The following weekend you have a choice of 4 five star hotels from £213 to £479 for 2 nights.

G'wan Bilbao, fill yer boots. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I've been to a couple of Cardiff finals, the mark up was amateurish by comparison.
The grand suite at the Melia still available for only $20,626 for the friday and Saturday nights. Includes free breakfast and wifi. Bargain :fleg: :cowboy:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:If it is Leinster v Ulster, would not be rushing down to Dublin for sure. IRFU would love that draw, probably make D4 move the game to LR to try and get a 50k sellout....
Also Aviva

They do seem to get the numbers in at the greenhouse. Last week Mexico had the biggest crowd, for a game that was over before it started, other than for fans of indoor rugby who got roughly 200 more souls for a highly competitive match.

Next best was at Spanners 3000 short of capacity and a pathetic crowd given we are still, in theory, jockeying for a home QF.

Any wonder that sponsors aren't exactly flocking to the competition when in what is traditionally a decisive round in the fate of pools attracts 12000 on average. Our friend Lionel's PNE get around 15000 at home games and they are a comfortable mid-table team in the 2nd level.

Rugby, eh? Fur coat, sans bragas.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
Also Aviva

If Leinster are no 1 seeds which is very likely, they would get a home SF if no 4 as the home side beats no 5. If the away side win - would be in country of the no 5 team.

Nigels changed to the rules last year to reward away QF wins.

Knockout Stage

2.4 The clubs ranked 1 to 4 will have home advantage for the quarter-finals as follows:
Club 1 v Club 8 (QF1)
Club 4 v Club 5 (QF2)
Club 3 v Club 6 (QF3)
Club 2 v Club 7 (QF4)

NB The format for the semi-final matches in the Champions Cup recognises performances by clubs during the pool stages as well as the achievement of clubs winning quarter-final matches away from home.

The winner of QF1 will play the winner of QF2 in one semi-final, and the winner of QF3 will play the winner of QF4 in the other semi-final as follows:

Semi-final 1: winner QF1 v winner QF2
Semi-final 2: winner QF3 v winner QF4

The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR, but the following clubs will have home country advantage in their respective semi-final matches:

(a) For Semi-final 1

If the clubs ranked 1 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 1 will have home country

If the clubs ranked 1 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 4 win their QFs, the club ranked 8 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 8 and 5 win their QFs, the club ranked 5 will have home country advantage

(b) For Semi-final 2

If the clubs ranked 3 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 2 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 3 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 7 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 2 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage

If the clubs ranked 6 and 7 win their QFs, the club ranked 6 will have home country advantage