Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:Wonder will Rob Lyttle get a place on the bench?
I thought he wasn't in the SDC squad?

... although, that probably wouldn't preclude Les naming him in the initial matchday squad Image
Has Les tried him at 13 yet ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:

... although, that probably wouldn't preclude Les naming him in the initial matchday squad Image
He is in it now. I think he replaced Jihad.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

He is in it now. I think he replaced Jihad.
Young McPhillips replaced Payne. Bobby Lyttle was in from the start.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Thanks Neill
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

A few thoughts on the appointment of Jerome le Rouge, and given he is a vile garlic munching cheese gourmandising surrender monkey, I have decide to prepare my comments in his language:
Ah baise tout le monde et tout ce qui rampe, marche ou glisse sur son ventre., Jérôme le Rouge, pour l'amour de la baise. Merde de merde et trois fois merde, je te dis que nous n'avons aucune chance de gagner.

Il est tenu de donner un carton rouge à quelqu'un et puisqu'il n'y aura pas d'idiot Gaskell, ce sera un Ulsterman. Quelle chatte.
Aposite I think you'll agree.

When I think of Garces, I am reminded of the wise words of Samuel Johnston: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. With that in mind - have a great match Jerome.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

So we know who the man in midddle is - like it or not!

The backs with Cave at 13 and LL at 15 as mentioned before are so obvious to the sober punters on here but what is the flavour of the week for the starting 1-8?

May I tender a suggestion of:

Black - Best - Herbst
Treadwell - O'Connor
Hendi - Deysel - Timoney

With that pack and the right motivation there is enough to look Wasps in the eye.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Not sure what you think the Rea and Reidy did wrong to merit being dropped, or have I missed injuries?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Considering how poorly wasps defended at quins I can't see them having the motivation to enter a slug fest on Sunday, especially when they need 5 points if still in by then. It could be a fast open game if the weather allows and without Haskell and Hughes they have lost some of their big hitters. I fancy us to score 4 trys but we still might not win.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

jean valjean wrote:Considering how poorly wasps defended at quins I can't see them having the motivation to enter a slug fest on Sunday, especially when they need 5 points if still in by then. It could be a fast open game if the weather allows and without Haskell and Hughes they have lost some of their big hitters. I fancy us to score 4 trys but we still might not win.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I think we should be firing for the four tries from the off. They know they need four and allot of luck, we start scoring tries and they will have a catch 22, play fast and free to try to get the four and the win and they risk us getting the try bp and it doesn’t matter what they do.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Henry did the meedya. So starts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The wise money would be on the team that started on Saturday but with Louis in place of Gillie and a 13 at 13.

Just saying, I'd put Ron'n's life on Chaz at 15.

I'd also keep faith with Rodders.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Russ wrote:Henry did the meedya. So starts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Usually the case but it looks as though the meedya wanted someone to slag off the Munster drugs cheat so it needed a player with no international future.

Hope we don't tinker with the pack. Let's save 2MP for the QF.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Think Treadwell is in poor form, far too sloppy at his core duties of a lock. Keep Rea and Reidy who both have more niggle about them and Henderson in his natural position at lock.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Everything has come a bit too easy for Treadwell. The Dublin Strangler has been doing his work for him and, to an extent, he's been living off one big carry from last season. Tbf though, he's still very young and we weren't quite as well stocked at lock as we thought so he hasn't had a great deal of competition. A spell out of the side would do him good and should provoke a reaction from him if he really is made of the right stuff. On the other hand, he's likely to come straight back in against the Kings anyway.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Treadwell's best game was at home to Connacht. He steamrolled Aki and a few others. He hasn't been consistent enough and will continue to bench behind AOC and Hendo. You simply couldn't drop anyone in the backrow right now. When Ireland's best backrow comes up next season Hendo will likely remain in the 2nd row.