Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: Wasps Vs Ulster Sun 21/01/18 BT Sport

Post by Liz Fraser »

The major thing that plays in our favour is that they will be preparing to play an open game to chase a TBP.
We all know playing a tighter game will unravel us up front.

This group has played out well for us right to the last game for sure.
Us playing last, Wasps absentees and injuries playing us then their beating La Rochelle, Quins no show at Spanners and then beating Wasps.
No complaints about conspiracies from me at any rate.
For us to be in this position was far beyond what I thought this squad was capable of when these pools were announced.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Well if you ask some folk apparently one of the minor factors in our favour is that not only is this Sunday's game v Wasps on DAY 4019, it also happens to coincide with the 11th Anniversary, Lest We Forget.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

Liz Fraser wrote:The major thing that plays in our favour is that they will be preparing to play an open game to chase a TBP.

Us playing last, Wasps absentees and injuries playing us then their beating La Rochelle, Quins no show at Spanners and then beating Wasps.
For us to be in this position was far beyond what I thought this squad was capable of when these pools were announced.
I think your first paragraph is spot on Liz.
We have only been done over up front, but backs on backs, could make for a tasty game and hopefully outcome Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

That's because Hairyquims and Wassups are poor teams with more stupid players than you could shake yer dick at Liz. I'm sorry Haskell isn't playing.

We'll miss the great Black, my player of the season based on expectations.

Tinkerman also just couldn't help himself, Matty Rea must be wondering WTF Fusty?

Still they couldn't have imagined this opportunity would come in the wake of the interpro nightmares before during and after crimbo.

Wasps favourites but it's a chance.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Did I mention I don't expect us to win? Did I mention I'll be surprised if we get a LBP?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I think we're out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Ulster suck!
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

It's not that anyone thinks that Wasps will roll over. It's just that they are not very good. If we can't win then Les should not return. Tinkering muthafolker.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Interesting team choices

Wassups at full strength

They know a 5 pointer could get them through possibly
In theory, but needing many snookers.
No more than we have clung onto in previous years.
In fairness, we would hang on if we'd lost the first 5 matches. :lol:

IN fairness to Wassups, I'm happy to see them play their strongest available & respect the competition in a way my favourite Lionels, Tigers failed to do last week whilst being nilled in France.

Those years ago when we thought the win at Bath might get a HC QF but almost certainly a Parker Pen QF and then. I think it was Hairyquims selected 15 dustbins with 8 tailor's dummies on the bench & conceded just enough to see us dumped out of both.

There should be fines for fielding blatantly uncompetitive teams - though I suppose FOLK would have Ulster in penury this season. :duh:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Loki wrote:feel like a serious conversation has to be had about Deysel. I may not be entirely in the loop from from the outside his signing looks to be headed toward 'massive disappointment' territory.
Some on here were getting all wet when we signed the IRON Man that is Deysel... barely missed a game for Munster we were told.. well he was only there for the briefest of times and more often filled the bench than anything.. I am and have been for some time fed up to the back teeth with signing second and even third class Saffers and resigning others like Diack...

Notwithstanding that I predict a BPW marching us into the Q-F's and Kiss being given the Freedom of the City of Belfast... the man is a genius it just we don't understand him... this time next year we will be going through all this shyte again for the upteenth time.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Well McLaughlin was deemed not good enough when we got to an HEC final but were frequently dross in the league, why should it be different for Lesley?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

How many state of origins did McLocks play in?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Liz Fraser wrote:The major thing that plays in our favour is that they will be preparing to play an open game to chase a TBP.

Wasps average 3.6 tries a game in the AP.

Presumably they've had us watched on occasions, and if we all know that playing a tighter game will unravel us up front, then maybe they'll adopt a Munster type game plan and look to push us backwards 4 times?

Or maybe they'll play the game as they see it, try and make the correct decisions and see where it gets them?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Not too surprised at Black. He looked in bits extricating himself from Ravenhill last week. He could hardly move. Probably been on the massage table all week.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

ColinM wrote:Well McLaughlin was deemed not good enough when we got to an HEC final but were frequently dross in the league, why should it be different for Lesley?
2011 we made the pro 12 play offs and lost in the quarters away to the saints where a dropped ball by Darcy cost us.
A year later we went to places like Clermont and ran them close as well as defeating Munster en route to the final.

Under Mcglocks it was one of the first times in the professional era where I felt we could go away and look to take on and compete with the cream of Europe.
Same under Anscombe.

We had the likes of Afoa. Court and Muller I'm the front 5 that could mix it anywhere and that's the level of player in that area you need to take the game to an opposition away from home.
Look at our current selection and there is just a chasm of difference.

Now I think we are back where we were pre Mcglocks with a load of journeymen signings backed up by a few average Joes with a sprinkling of stardust.
If Wasps weren't so hit by absenteeism and lack of motivation I'd be predicting a landslide.
So I'll just predict a slide instead.
Last edited by Liz Fraser on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.