Peel = Howley

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Peel = Howley

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Friend, Peel and Dundon.
And Logan still CEO, back to 2 men and a dog crowds
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Rooster wrote:
At least wed see a bit of dog about the place in stead of the usual spineless stuff we see churned out by UR on and off the pitch.
There so much jelly about the place we should be sponsored by Hartleys.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Gary wrote:Our problem has been stopping tries
Another has been scoring tries when they get near the oppositions 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely. The number of scoring opportunities we coughed up this season has been staggering. Classic sign of a team in turmoil and with a crisis of confidence.
We tend to do well off 1st and 2nd phase. After that we tend to go backwards once the defence had been reset. As Eddie would say we don't have the horses to pick and go to put the defence on the back foot.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Rooster wrote:

Just 2 men. Boris says he wants to play "Bite the Postman" instead. He also reminded me he was from Sligo so doesn't support Ulster anyway. I think he might have a point.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

jean valjean wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

Absolutely. The number of scoring opportunities we coughed up this season has been staggering. Classic sign of a team in turmoil and with a crisis of confidence.
We tend to do well off 1st and 2nd phase. After that we tend to go backwards once the defence had been reset. As Eddie would say we don't have the horses to pick and go to put the defence on the back foot.

Our first and second phase attack from set piece is soo poor. We lack imagination and depend on McCloskey.

Peel likes the Warren Gatland approach of a back line. Big 12, who will crash it up (no chance of a ball player at 12 with peel). Wingers with fast feet and if they understand rugby at all then it’s a bonus.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Peel out
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

Our first and second phase attack from set piece is soo poor. We lack imagination and depend on McCloskey.

Peel likes the Warren Gatland approach of a back line. Big 12, who will crash it up (no chance of a ball player at 12 with peel). Wingers with fast feet and if they understand rugby at all then it’s a bonus.

It must be close on two years since there has been any degree of innovation or imagination from our backs. There are, as far as I can see, no set plays. In fact the most worrying thing is that so many of our tries this year have come from Piatau or Stockdale picking up the ball in broken play with whichever one of them doesn't have the ball simply following the other knowing that they are likely to receive the ball when the carrier is caught. Take one of them out of the equation and is doesn't bear thinking about.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

promsandwich wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Another has been scoring tries when they get near the oppositions 22.

It must be close on two years since there has been any degree of innovation or imagination from our backs. There are, as far as I can see, no set plays. In fact the most worrying thing is that so many of our tries this year have come from Piatau or Stockdale picking up the ball in broken play with whichever one of them doesn't have the ball simply following the other knowing that they are likely to receive the ball when the carrier is caught. Take one of them out of the equation and is doesn't bear thinking about.
Mmmmmmm now let me think about who stopped coaching the backs 2 years ago ....
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

[/quote]

It must be close on two years since there has been any degree of innovation or imagination from our backs. There are, as far as I can see, no set plays. In fact the most worrying thing is that so many of our tries this year have come from Piatau or Stockdale picking up the ball in broken play with whichever one of them doesn't have the ball simply following the other knowing that they are likely to receive the ball when the carrier is caught. Take one of them out of the equation and is doesn't bear thinking about.[/quote]Mmmmmmm now let me think about who stopped coaching the backs 2 years ago ....[/quote]

Bring back Doak
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Statistically speaking most tries are scored from turnover ball.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?