Who Really is to Blame

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Who Really is to Blame

Post by thecrouch »

Russ wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:Sounds like it's all kicking off
Both online and at the Hill

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Spiill the beans Russy baby.
Few arguments during the "preparation starts now for La Rochelle"

Good.

Any specifics?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who Really is to Blame

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Russ wrote:Sounds like it's all kicking off
Both online and at the Hill

Spiill the beans Russy baby.
Few arguments during the "preparation starts now for La Rochelle"

Good.

Any specifics?
My sources would be compromised

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

My sauces would be BBQ and southwest
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Chipotle for me
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:From Bakebook central
If you're not prepared to Stand Up during the lows then you don't deserve to Stand Up for the highs
#SUFTUM
We need that played on the screens before the match get in some actor to make it look even better... I am ashamed that I will be wearing my FOLK T-shirt for the first time..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Had sweet onion today
Client took me to subway

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Had sweet onion today
Client took me to subway

Tommy?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Client took me to subway

Cheap date
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Client took me to subway

You attract the classy kerb-crawlers, Russ.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Crouchie, you are wrong about Kiss. No names no pack drill but he recently apologised to a player for only giving him a few minutes of the game as a sub because he forgot.

He is incompetent.

If you are out of favour you are out, no names no pack drill, he recently spoke to one player about why he wasn't getting a game after several months of no communication.

He is incompetent.

I suspect I don't need to go on any further.

He is incompetent.

Capiche?
Let’s not forget.. did he not tell a player that Payne would be getting a 40 min run out only to remember that Payne was still injured..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Kiss is an unlucky Coach the only quality player in the back row has been injured for 2 years his second best ( Henry ) is similarly afflicted frequently by injury .
Then add in the loss of two players to an outstanding legal matter and his best back to head aches he has definitely not been blessed by luck .

As Napoleon said give me lucky generals .

As others have pointed out he then selects Mix and Match back lines which hardly provide any basis to create the understanding necessary for a strong defence and as pointed out by someone else defence is not down to individuals it requires team work

Please someone locate a lucky général forget the structures the committees aren’t on the pitch.

It is like buying the idea that politicians can fix the NHS

Finite resources will never match infinite demand .
That the BBC consider waiting lists growing is news defeats me when the waiting lists start to fall will be news but I don’t expect to hear it my life time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ron’n, on the whole that is amongst your finest posts..... apart from the unlucky bit. It’s a bit trite as an expression but in this case it’s aposite , coaches make their own luck. More accurately the decisions they make tell people whether they know what they are doing or not.

Injuries are a fact of life in Rugby. Scaaaaalets got pretty lucky and kept the bulk of their best players fit on the run in. Ulster on the other hand appear perpetually unlucky, it almost always appears to be the better players. Doing without Payne and Coetzee will damage any team.

For me it’s as clear a demonstration as you will get that we have to get away from high class NIQs as our salvation. The problem is that will mean ever more reliance on home grown players. Are UR even partly inclined to do without the hired marquee player? I very much doubt it but it’s the way forward. Think of Leinster and Munster, more often than not they bring in high quality rather than marquee stars, they fill holes rather than sign guys to carry the team.

UR rightly fears the loss of several thousand through the gate, last time I looked a month or so back we were about 1500-2000 down on the average last year.

What is badly needed are forwards, yet we seem certain to split the positions with at least an outhalf needed, arguably a centre/fullback too. If Payne is likely to return you could forget that but we are used to doing with him in small doses, great player, great result for Ireland, Ulster not so much.

I’d give a lot for a younger Nick Williams, good pro not a legend, maybe too or 3 like that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

Some interesting replies apart from the few who want to mischief make ( Mr Smarty Pants Russ)

Neil , very good intelligent opinion , my thoughts are that this current debacle started at the sacking , sorry , realignment of coaching staff when the Executive decision was made to remove McLaughlin, the CEO was involved in that decision making and clearly went along with what he was told , so rather than lead to the front, he lead the organisation into a downward spiral festering into we're we are now, no obvious direction with a coaching ticket that was less than positive , then another disaster with the terrible twins, then after a world wide search a DOR highly thought off above many others , hen we appear to me playing system that maybe the players struggle with along with aging players who cannot give what they want to give on the park. Our injuries and mental fitness have killed the team, who is responsible for that ? are they fit for propose have some now been found out.

A complete overview is required, now, not tomorrow or end of the season, by an independent body with no fear of who they offend and their past schooling is unimportant, but sacking anyone right now in my opinion will not help, time to sit down be critical in the thinking and come up with a solid plan for next year, this year is in the lap of the lords, no one knows where this year will go.

My Sister Dot says hi, she will b at the Wasps Game, Rollers and all
You may know my sister, Dot
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Polly Cotton wrote:Some interesting replies apart from the few who want to mischief make ( Mr Smarty Pants Russ)

Neil , very good intelligent opinion , my thoughts are that this current debacle started at the sacking , sorry , realignment of coaching staff when the Executive decision was made to remove McLaughlin, the CEO was involved in that decision making and clearly went along with what he was told , so rather than lead to the front, he lead the organisation into a downward spiral festering into we're we are now, no obvious direction with a coaching ticket that was less than positive , then another disaster with the terrible twins, then after a world wide search a DOR highly thought off above many others , hen we appear to me playing system that maybe the players struggle with along with aging players who cannot give what they want to give on the park. Our injuries and mental fitness have killed the team, who is responsible for that ? are they fit for propose have some now been found out.

A complete overview is required, now, not tomorrow or end of the season, by an independent body with no fear of who they offend and their past schooling is unimportant, but sacking anyone right now in my opinion will not help, time to sit down be critical in the thinking and come up with a solid plan for next year, this year is in the lap of the lords, no one knows where this year will go.

My Sister Dot says hi, she will b at the Wasps Game, Rollers and all
Please point out which of my posts are mischief making

Thanks

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:It is the defensive system that is causing confusion and chaos. Leinster played with linespeed we didn't. Which system is right/wrong? All defence coach gurus insist on linespeed no matter what system you play. As Gustard states: " it covers a multitude of sins". Also the idea of one player missing a tackle is ideologically wrong. It is the team that missed the tackle.

https://youtu.be/OJencUYieiU
That’s a very general view ‘all defence coach gurus insist on line speed no matter what system you play.’

Line speed comes when you have equal numbers or numbers up. This will generally come from the attack being within the 15m line and touchline.

Or

Slowing their ball down (through positive tackle) makes it easier for defences to get ‘square’ and numbered up with the attack allowing line speed.

‘Soft’ defence is a system. Numbers down

‘Drift’, ‘get square when numbers equal’, ‘tackle’.

Gustard is excellent, big thing for him is ‘bodies on feet’. Very simple mind frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

Is there anybody on any of the UR committees who has the first clue about how to pick a coach for a professional rugby team?
We've had a succession of failures. Kiss has had more than enough time to turn things around so he needs to be replaced. Logan seems to be sitting in the middle of the mess so he can feck off too.
I've seen nothing to suggest that Peel has done anything brilliant with the backs either.
I have my doubts about JD as well.