Who Really is to Blame

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Inspector Brown
Novice

Re: Who Really is to Blame

Post by Inspector Brown »

kingofthehill wrote:
Inspector Brown wrote:Is there anybody on any of the UR committees who has the first clue about how to pick a coach for a professional rugby team?
We've had a succession of failures. Kiss has had more than enough time to turn things around so he needs to be replaced. Logan seems to be sitting in the middle of the mess so he can feck off too.
I've seen nothing to suggest that Peel has done anything brilliant with the backs either.
I have my doubts about JD as well.
Funny I was asking that today.

No young blood who know about modern day rugby and what’s involved in it.

To the rest of your points—I agree with everyoneImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a handful of them and quite frankly they know as much about a professional team as me and that's feck all squared.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

No comparing the concept that politicians can change the NHS to the idea that committees make a difference on the pitch - politicians can’t neither can committees because when they come involved they only make a bad situation worse .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

rumncoke wrote:No comparing the concept that politicians can change the NHS to the idea that committees make a difference on the pitch - politicians can’t neither can committees because when they come involved they only make a bad situation worse .

Can committees not put the correct people in charge?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shut up Rum. Politicians are destroying the NHS.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

The committees with old men ex bankers ex builders ex rugby players, really believe that they know what they are doing, in reality, they are making a fúcking up of it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We seem stuck in some halfway house between the amateur and professional game. We call ourselves professional, but FIRFU and the Ulster Branch have a huge say in the running of Ulster Rugby.
Logan’s credentials seem to be questionable and he’s overseen Kiss’s appointment and a staggering decline in the team’s fortunes, year on year.
We can’t shake free from FIRFU’s shackles, but surely something must change before we become cannon fodder, which will impact on finances and see us plumb even deeper depths.
The biggest problem is UR seem to think everything is moving in the right direction and this ‘noise’ is nothing to worry about. They ignore record breaking tries conceded figures, they ignore the fact we haven’t come close to winning anything for years. They ignore the fact our ageing IQ’s no longer cut the mustard and the replacements aren’t exactly streaming out of the Academy. Most Academy players are either ignored, or thrown in to the starting line up against top tier teams and expected to be the next Ruan, Rory, Bowe or GLU. It simply doesn’t work that way. Leinster don’t do it that way, but sure what do they know?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
boringperson12
Novice

Post by boringperson12 »

Dave wrote:Donkey O'Callahan claiming Ulster looked unfit vs Leinster.
I would agree. I don't think the strength and conditioning is that good. It is improved since the 00s but I think we are behind in what the other provinces do... And way behind the SH.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave read my fn post please

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Dave read my fn post please

Ok, leave the front door open.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Who Really is to Blame

Post by rumncoke »

regardless of who is on the committee 9 times out 10 the same person would be appointed from those who apply .

The idea that the ideal candidate will always apply is pure fantasy and even more so when the demands of supporters exceed the potential of existing resources ( squad )

in the words of Kenny Rodgers " you've got to know when to hold em - know when to fold them
know when to walk away know when to run

and at this time most would run --
2 years from now might be different but at this moment the senior squad is in a bad place .

Long term injuries eating salaries and fading Stars playing out contracts and an academy and development players 2 years short of potential.

Last edited by rumncoke on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

boringperson12 wrote:
Dave wrote:Donkey O'Callahan claiming Ulster looked unfit vs Leinster.
I would agree. I don't think the strength and conditioning is that good. It is improved since the 00s but I think we are behind in what the other provinces do... And way behind the SH.
I think it valid that too many people have been in position for far too long.. things move on and change and sometimes it is as good to fresh up backroom staff and bring in new ideas.. if you look back 6-7-10 years many of the same faces are in the same jobs. This isn't the Civil Service.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

“Working nine-to-five, trying hard to make a living”

Ah come on ffs, where else would you get a Dolly line, shoe horned into a forum right after our Mentalist in Residence quotes Kenny Feckin Rodgers? It’s forum Gold I tell ye.
We’ll get awards for this shyte.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I used to think that Les was dead hard but apparently everyone considered him the coward of the county.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

That’s it, Ulster can’t keep behaving like it’s an Island in The Stream.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Crouchie, you are wrong about Kiss. No names no pack drill but he recently apologised to a player for only giving him a few minutes of the game as a sub because he forgot.

He is incompetent.

If you are out of favour you are out, no names no pack drill, he recently spoke to one player about why he wasn't getting a game after several months of no communication.

He is incompetent.

I suspect I don't need to go on any further.

He is incompetent.

Capiche?
Let’s not forget.. did he not tell a player that Payne would be getting a 40 min run out only to remember that Payne was still injured..
He did Cockers, that comes under "I suspect I don't need to go on any further" but of course you are right. Man's a fookin onion.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.