Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Post by Bart S »

Liz Fraser wrote:Away yes but teams don't tend to throw a home game.in front of their fans.
Even we don't do that.
I’d cgree that is definitely the case at the outset in a home game, however given this was a nothing game for Quins, the fact that they came back from twice being well out of it is very commendable on their part, even if Wasps presumably also pressed the self destruct button.

Wasps could actually be out of it by the time we play them depending on how other results go. Of course whether we would still be good enough to beat them given our general away performances of late (bar Quins) is a different matter.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

The Wasps game is an ideal scenario for us but we aren't the sort of team that can rock up anywhere expecting to win.
If we think Wasps have nothing to play and we aren't on the money, we will catch a huge cold.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
9 I literally couldn't disagree with you more, and of course, Ron'n who still clings to the belief that Girrid was unlucky rather than absolutely stupid on that day of infamy, 5/4/2014.

The Stade Rochelais winger did absolutely nothing wrong, effectively he made no attempt to contact Chuck but the angle of Chuck's defensive jump took him into the player's path. He did nothing whatsoever, as harsh a yellow card as you will ever see - mind you I was grateful for it, it opened the door into a game in which we weren't firing a shot.
Terrible post Baggy, make contact with a player in the air and you are adjudged not to be able to contest is a technical yellow, unless player lands on his feet. Charlie did play like superman today but fly he cannot.

You've lost the run of yourself using anything uttered by Ron'n to add weight to an argument in either direction. You really must be sick, wishing you and Mrs T a full and speedy recovery :stir:
You need to watch it again, Charles jumped into him making a bloody good attempt at flight. I struggle to understand why people struggle with the idea that jumping in the air makes you right in all circumstances, ludicrous yellow.

Yes I am remarkably sick, my fackin' head is bursting and my chest is on fire, however, I expect it will pass.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wasps are shyte. We'll fecking hoke them.

#believe
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Dave wrote:Wasps are shyte. We'll fecking hoke them.

#believe
Don't you dare!!!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Harsh yellow.... also surprised no one has commented on Gilroy who appears lucky not have seen at least a yellow..

Great turn out from LAR supporters... and for the record did I not predict a narrow win for us and back it up that I would streak naked at next home game.. why does no one listen.

Also said a while back that it come down to Wasps game and also that there is very good chance that they will be more interested in their own league...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:Wasps are shyte. We'll fecking hoke them.

#believe
Don't you dare!!!
He who dares wins!!
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

I didn't go to the game today, preferring to watch it at home (also had the worst dose of the dreaded lurgy this week).

What a great result, good to see strong leadership from Best and Hendy. Great shifts put in by AOC, Ludik & Cooney and I hope FOLK can see just what we have been missing for months (DC).

Kudos to big Stevo for having the kahunas to speak out about SL at the end of the game, you could see he was busting to say it but at the same time knew that perhaps he shouldn't. Interesting nonetheless.

Also a great result at The Stoop tonight, deary me Wasps but thanks a million .
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Special mention for Cooney for starting on the big prop after dumping him into touch. Great attitude and just what was needed.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

jean valjean wrote:Special mention for Cooney for starting on the big prop after dumping him into touch. Great attitude and just what was needed.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
I loved it, their no.5 not so much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

What I still find strange about our performances for me is that I expect a team going out to put things rights to at least look as if they are going to do it from the whistle... with this side we still need to wait fro something to happen.. against Munster it took the second half and a red card and even today we didn't offer much if anything until the card... credit for doing what we did but remember I said we would win this one all week.. but why does it take a spark to suddenly do something...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Happy days today. So good to see the guys up for it... and the rub of the green going our way. This is why we keep coming back week after week, why we put up with the dross. Whatever happens next week it's still happy days today. Onwards and upwards.

Solidarnosc! :fleg: :fleg:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Spotted in the bar today Image
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
MCBwinwinwin
Initiate

Post by MCBwinwinwin »

It was almost as if Gilroy to a hit for the team. Got Ludik as close to his proper position as Kiss is willing to play him and got Our best 13 on the pitch at 13!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk