Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote: I was referring to Munster, North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany Dave. What one are you on about?
They might still beat us!
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Don’t we hear it’s about the numbers playing the game.. that what Leinster are better with the bigger pool and more players. I have heard our CEO suggest figures from 27,000 to 35,000 playing the game in Ulster and that 42,000 is apparently the Holy Grail for successful rugby.. I also heard that he was asked to justify those numbers by someone on the doestic games committee once... he couldn’t it seems he just makes them up.. This is in part systematic of the problem we find ourselves in by not be totally honest for the purpose of putting it right and instead prefer to hide behind false figures and make out all is OK..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

If it was all about numbers England would win every world cup and grand slam going.
Its not it's about the system.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Liz Fraser wrote:If it was all about numbers England would win every world cup and grand slam going.
Its not it's about the system.
Culture

England's culture across the land in all facets of life is laughable

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

UlsterNo9 wrote:It's not all down to numbers. Registered rugby players in New Zealand and Ireland are on par, draw your own conclusions and comparisons.

I think Ireland & NZ are currently 1-1 over the last two tests, seems the numbers thing maybe has something.

Now I'm sure the CEO promised he'd have more people than ever playing rugby in Ulster, and every school child would visit the Nevin Spence centre. Any word on these stats officially? There seems to be a few clubs in my area fielding a team or two less than historically they would.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

ColinM wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:It's not all down to numbers. Registered rugby players in New Zealand and Ireland are on par, draw your own conclusions and comparisons.

I think Ireland & NZ are currently 1-1 over the last two tests, seems the numbers thing maybe has something.

Now I'm sure the CEO promised he'd have more people than ever playing rugby in Ulster, and every school child would visit the Nevin Spence centre. Any word on these stats officially? There seems to be a few clubs in my area fielding a team or two less than historically they would.
It's one win in thirty test matches. As you point out the last two tests are honours even, lets hope it is a trend of things to come.

There certainly are reduced amount of teams playing adult rugby however the cold and callous might say does he / we give a fiddlers? It's really only about the youth numbers if we are trying to feed club Ulster.

If a player of potential has not been picked up at youth level and brought into the academy it's unlikely he is going to come through as a late developer playing 3rd or 4th team adult rugby at his local club. Reduced playing numbers at a lower level just means more men with an interest in rugby are free to attend and watch the Ulster product.

Very cynical view.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If not mistaken the IRFU appointed a Rugby Growth and Participation Manager in 2015 presumably to look after all provinces.. these things take time but not initially aware of any report or study showing how it all breaks down.

If not mistaken in 2014 ESRI study found that rugby has two sharp drop off states- players in the 11-13 and players in the 16-19 categories. Last figures I could find...

Schools
Age Grade (Secondary School) Ulster 11,750 compared to Munster at 4,910 and Leinster at 11,516
Schools Development Programme Ulster 9,945 compared with Munster at 8,795 and Leinster at 16,184

We hear its all about the numbers that Leinster have little difference with schools the difference appears to be in the School Development Programme... Anyone I don't confess to know the difference?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

How many Ulstermen played in the games against Connaught, Leinster, Zebre, S/Kings, Scarlets etc?
I recall one Ulsterman coming off the pitch and his kit could have gone straight back on the leg because he didn't break sweat.
Rory's passionate speech about what it means to him to win in an Ulster Shirt, was fantastic. Very uplifting indeed, but we've watched a huge amount of games, both this season and last, when there was clearly no pride or passion on show from our Ulstermen.
I agree with Baggy that in several games their pride eventually kicked in and they rescued games in the final minutes. This begs the question, where is the pride and passion in the first 60 minutes? Why does it take a state of desperation, a yellow card or an enforced change to light a fire under these legendary Ulstermen?
If it means so much to them, why don't they show it from the start of games?
Being born in this shytehole does result in a weird pride. We know it's crap, but only we're permitted to say it.
Pity anyone from outside these nine countries who says anything disparaging about us. I'd bate their bakes and kick the lungs outta them. We all have that weird pride.
I believe it could be better utilised by our coaches. Lealiifano and Ruan got bitten by the bug, so we're doing something right when outsiders from oddball countries think this place is great.
The Ulster pride thing doesn't just exist in those born here and if a team has a majority buying into it, why not push it as far as possible? Get them going out with their heads onfire. Even if we get beaten, we'll scare the bejaysuz outta other teams. The crowd would go mental and surely an upward spiral would begin.
You don't have to be born here to be passionate about the shytehole. All to often we've seem more pride and passion from those players born outside the nine counties.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Rory, Rodders and Charless all in Lovell rugby's ERC team of the week.
[img]
https://m.facebook.com/lovellrugby/phot ... &source=57[/img]
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:How many Ulstermen played in the games against Connaught, Leinster, Zebre, S/Kings, Scarlets etc?
I recall one Ulsterman coming off the pitch and his kit could have gone straight back on the leg because he didn't break sweat.
Rory's passionate speech about what it means to him to win in an Ulster Shirt, was fantastic. Very uplifting indeed, but we've watched a huge amount of games, both this season and last, when there was clearly no pride or passion on show from our Ulstermen.
I agree with Baggy that in several games their pride eventually kicked in and they rescued games in the final minutes. This begs the question, where is the pride and passion in the first 60 minutes? Why does it take a state of desperation, a yellow card or an enforced change to light a fire under these legendary Ulstermen?
If it means so much to them, why don't they show it from the start of games?
Being born in this shytehole does result in a weird pride. We know it's crap, but only we're permitted to say it.
Pity anyone from outside these nine countries who says anything disparaging about us. I'd bate their bakes and kick the lungs outta them. We all have that weird pride.
I believe it could be better utilised by our coaches. Lealiifano and Ruan got bitten by the bug, so we're doing something right when outsiders from oddball countries think this place is great.
The Ulster pride thing doesn't just exist in those born here and if a team has a majority buying into it, why not push it as far as possible? Get them going out with their heads onfire. Even if we get beaten, we'll scare the bejaysuz outta other teams. The crowd would go mental and surely an upward spiral would begin.
You don't have to be born here to be passionate about the shytehole. All to often we've seem more pride and passion from those players born outside the nine counties.
I think Rory doesn't get enough credit for his leadership. Many are trying to give Les all the glory. Also the Jonno effect is begining to stick.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Jonno who?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:Jonno who?
The former forwards coach.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Ah, I liked him.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Dave wrote:
Some of our former forwards were in need of it.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:
Some of our former forwards were in need of it.
Jonno is now fully in his head coaching role.