Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Post by Deraless »

McPhillips at Newcastle United Academy.
Rodney at the Academy Chippy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

breakdown wrote:1. Black
2. Best
3. Ah You
4. AOC
5. Hendie
6. Rea
7. Reidy
8. Timoney
9. Cooney
10. Lealiifano
11. Stockdale
12. McCloskey
13. Ludik
14. Gilroy
15. Piutau

16. Herring 17. McCall 18. Kane 19. Treadwell 20. Henry 21. Shanahan 22. McPhillips 23. Cave

10/23, including Rea
AOC, Shanananananah, and Timony are products of the Ulster Academy
Bo***cks to Brexit
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Feck me pink. I know we love to go off topic, but how many times has the ‘Academy’ and ‘Home grown talent’ turned up and been done to death?
We’re meant to be a Professional Club and as such we should have the best players available with our budget. We know that home grown players will usually cost less, but we don’t have a massive population and many good schools players don’t fancy a short career in Rugby, opting instead for job security.
Stop dreaming about what the Mexicans have. Get over it and stop sounding like jealous bitches.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tender wrote:Feck me pink. I know we love to go off topic, but how many times has the ‘Academy’ and ‘Home grown talent’ turned up and been done to death?
We’re meant to be a Professional Club and as such we should have the best players available with our budget. We know that home grown players will usually cost less, but we don’t have a massive population and many good schools players don’t fancy a short career in Rugby, opting instead for job security.
Stop dreaming about what the Mexicans have. Get over it and stop sounding like jealous bitches.
In the immortal words of Ricky Lutton
Shirts Means more to an Ulsterman

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

The point is that the academy is producing players but the doom and gloom merchants want to ignore that as it suits their narrative to keep banging on how poor UR is. Lots is being done right . But let's not let the facts get in the way of bîtches bîtching
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good point, Gerry. Lot's of exciting talent in the Academy.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Tender wrote:Feck me pink. I know we love to go off topic, but how many times has the ‘Academy’ and ‘Home grown talent’ turned up and been done to death?
Hate to split hairs Tender but population?
We have over 2 million.
Leinster slightly more but Connacht and Munster just over 300 000.
So that doesnt hold water really.

Also why can't school leavers be persuaded by UR they have a future in rugby if they have the talent.
You can still achieve a level of education to fall back on if rugby doesn't work out.
Look at Hendy as am example of that.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Liz Fraser wrote:
We have over 2 million.

Also why can't school leavers be persuaded by UR they have a future in rugby if they have the talent.
You can still achieve a level of education to fall back on if rugby doesn't work out.
Let's be honest though
There's alot more opportunity in the world for a young fella from ulster than the rest of ireland

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:
We have over 2 million.

Munster have a population of 300k? You on the sauce, Liz?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

1.2m .. isn’t wiki great unless u look Munster in Germany by mistake ..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Liz Fraser wrote:
We have over 2 million.

Lizzie, would love to split yer hairs, anyway your miles out on your estimates, Dublin metro and greater Dublind almost Double the population of ulster and that does not count the other 11 counties in Leinster.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

It's not all down to numbers. Registered rugby players in New Zealand and Ireland are on par, draw your own conclusions and comparisons.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Interestingly, The CEO stated that we needed more people playing the sport to get the numbers required to be less reliant on foreign imports, we are failing dramatically at that, his KPI not mine , every year the numbers are dropping , but he ain't responsible for that.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

UlsterNo9 wrote:It's not all down to numbers. Registered rugby players in New Zealand and Ireland are on par, draw your own conclusions and comparisons.
Not on teen males it's not , and if playing numbers are anything to go my USA should be awesome

Oh and NZ 600 plus clubs, Ireland 200.... USA 2500 Clubs, Work it out
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Dave wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
We have over 2 million.

Munster have a population of 300k? You on the sauce, Liz?
I was referring to Munster, North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany Dave. What one are you on about?