Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

April 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Who is online

In total there are 46 users online :: 9 registered, 1 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Flipper, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], rola, Sue Dename, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 634527
Total topics 18907
Total members 2872
Our newest member fremsie7

Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 4 votes
  

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Rooster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am

justinr73 wrote:
Dave wrote:Ludik featured in the presser.

Quiz: where will he play?


Hopefully at FB!

But probably not given that Craig, Charlie and Cube are likely to form the back 3.
Ludik at 13 then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39044
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby thecrouch » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm

Neill_M wrote:Bookies have Ulster at +1 on the even money punt. The home side would be around -3 if the sides were considered to be a similar level, so they have the French lads as slight favourites.

All depends on the attitude of La Rochelle on the day (classic cliché). If they are in the mood....mon dieu!

La Rochelle -1 is like printing money.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
User avatar
thecrouch
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2489
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 5:26 pm
Location: Mexico

Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Neill_M » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 pm

thecrouch wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Bookies have Ulster at +1 on the even money punt. The home side would be around -3 if the sides were considered to be a similar level, so they have the French lads as slight favourites.

All depends on the attitude of La Rochelle on the day (classic cliché). If they are in the mood....mon dieu!

La Rochelle -1 is like printing money.


If they show up in the right head space, yeah it is.
Last edited by Neill_M on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:16 pm

Looks set to lash on Saturday. Does that help us or not? I can't remember.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15124
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby damianmcr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Lads on the podcast says it helps us.
User avatar
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:56 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Dave » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 pm

No spoilers ffs
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 15124
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Liz Fraser » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Dave wrote:Looks set to lash on Saturday. Does that help us or not? I can't remember.

Maybe if they went on the lash it might.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Neill_M » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Dave wrote:Looks set to lash on Saturday. Does that help us or not? I can't remember.


They may not play as open as usual and instead focus on using their giant pack full of Kiwis and Fijians.......
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Aird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:40 pm

Can't see a side based on the West Atlantic Coast of France not being used to the wind and Rain. It is not exactly the Riveria.
User avatar
Aird
Initiate
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby scrum5 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:28 am

Aird wrote:Can't see a side based on the West Atlantic Coast of France not being used to the wind and Rain. It is not exactly the Riveria.


You could say the same about a team placed in Belfast and yet.......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012

Support J9, A True Legend....Feb 1971- 06 Feb 2017
User avatar
scrum5
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6009
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Tender » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 am

Micro climate here.

135 KG lumps don't frighten us. Lesley has a plan, more cunning than a fox who went to the University of Cunning.
Support the Team, not the regime
LOGAN OUT, NOW.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2020
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Liz Fraser » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 am

Ok let's play a game called.how could Ulster win this game?
It's clear that we have been targeting this match as we have been holding back for the last number of weeks.

In Best, Hendy CP, CL, Stockdale and Cooney we have at least a spine of a side of class performers.
All of them will need to up their game and bring the rest up to a level and intensity to compete with these guys.
They will need to be off their game in about a 20% performance swing
Some may well not be too used to the hostile atmosphere and conditions the Kingspan can generate

Every side is capable of producing a one off performance.
Its the quality sides that back it up and we can't do that.
We can assume that our management know that too and have put our eggs in one basket.
I struggle to explain why else we have been so bad of late.
I hope the reality isn't proven that we are actually that bad.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Russ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am

Liz Fraser wrote:Ok let's play a game called.how could Ulster win this game?
It's clear that we have been targeting this match as we have been holding back for the last number of weeks.

In Best, Hendy CP, CL, Stockdale and Cooney we have at least a spine of a side of class performers.
All of them will need to up their game and bring the rest up to a level and intensity to compete with these guys.
They will need to be off their game in about a 20% performance swing
Some may well not be too used to the hostile atmosphere and conditions the Kingspan can generate

Every side is capable of producing a one off performance.
Its the quality sides that back it up and we can't do that.
We can assume that our management know that too and have put our eggs in one basket.
I struggle to explain why else we have been so bad of late.
I hope the reality isn't proven that we are actually that bad.
Hostile?
We have a band, Q radio, twunts in onesies, an anthem played 7 times per night in G.A.Y.

We have an artisan food village, a selfie competition, half time kicking balls over posts

Nothing hostile about UR

Need the various supporters clubs to step up to the mark this weekend. Organise their various troops and get guldering

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26714
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby BR » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:08 am

They could have a man red-carded in the 1st quarter.
OK, you win
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16244
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Postby Russ » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:22 am

BR wrote:They could have a man red-carded in the 1st quarter.
We only get hostile when we have a man red carded

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 26714
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sue Dename, YandexBot and 27 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->