Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Stade Ferrero Rocher - Home

Post by rumncoke »

The « Big Prop «  was a boring machine all after noon and Cooney could see it .

Barnes most of the time stood on the infield side of scrum and avoided having to penalise him and gave the penalties the other way .

In my book it was an attempt to provoke retaliation by Cooney — which nearly succeed — but the fact the Prop nearly lost it resulted in him being subbed quickly thereafter — the score line was getting to him along with the failure of La Rochelle to Capitalise from his boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't you just enjoy the win?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Hilariously Cooney lit the fuse and then waltzed away leaving the forwards to hug each other for a bit. Textbook 9 play.

Just watched the recording. We were a bit lucky with the repeated scrums on our line. When we eventually turned it over I thought Timoney might have knocked on on the ground. That said, early in 2nd half Cave was away and running after a Vito knock back and he called a knock on from Christiano.

We had chances for the bp couple of times but who thought we'd have 4 wins from the first 5 games?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Cooney's kicking was almost perfect all day but especially in the final quarter managing the game.

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:Cooney's kicking was almost perfect all day but especially in the final quarter managing the game.

I nearly died when I saw Shanaghan warmed up and ready to come on thinking wtf is Kiss at now
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I thought brining McPhillips on with so many minutes in what was still a tight and important game was bold... I take it Peel called that seeing he picks the back-line.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Rooster wrote:
Deraless wrote:Cooney's kicking was almost perfect all day but especially in the final quarter managing the game.

I nearly died when I saw Shanaghan warmed up and ready to come on thinking wtf is Kiss at now
Same here and I'm sure it was a common thought!

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Gary wrote:
Rooster wrote:Spotted in the bar today Image

Well, he said he would do it. Should have been flogging those outside the ground - would have made a fortune. :D

rooster you need to be careful of the company you keep.... is that person a member of the Provisional FOLK or the Official FOLK?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Gary wrote:
Rooster wrote:Spotted in the bar today Image

Well, he said he would do it. Should have been flogging those outside the ground - would have made a fortune. :D

rooster you need to be careful of the company you keep.... is that person a member of the Provisional FOLK or the Official FOLK?
No confirmed member of Real FOLK
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Mention in despatches for The Baldy Barista yesterday.

Left nothing on the pitch
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave while enjoying a win it is as well to remember the fact that the win came after the carding and that for 20 minutes Ulster were on the back foot and severely under pressure at the set piece and loose .

But someone did their home work and recognised La Rochelle had only plan A .

They like to try to make the break close to the ruck or maul either using quick interchange of passes or the power of the back row and centres . Once the break is made it is then pass and support with any cover defence left in the wake. Their try was pure La Rochelle rugby .

The game against WASPS i fear will be different and could well expose Ulster's lack of cover defence if the Opposition go wide . La Rochelle failed to get the ball wide quickly but stuck to Plan A ( much like the first QUINS game which was played close to the ruck and maul due to the weather .)

Enjoy the win but appreciate how and why ,it does not deminish the effort, nor does it create false hopes, because it failed to give assurance that Ulster can defend wide.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Dave while enjoying a win it is as well to remember the fact that the win came after the carding and that for 20 minutes Ulster were on the back foot and severely under pressure at the set piece and loose .

But someone did their home work and recognised La Rochelle had only plan A .

They like to try to make the break close to the ruck or maul either using quick interchange of passes or the power of the back row and centres . Once the break is made it is then pass and support with any cover defence left in the wake. Their try was pure La Rochelle rugby .

The game against WASPS i fear will be different and could well expose Ulster's lack of cover defence if the Opposition go wide . La Rochelle failed to get the ball wide quickly but stuck to Plan A ( much like the first QUINS game which was played close to the ruck and maul due to the weather .)

Enjoy the win but appreciate how and why ,it does not deminish the effort, nor does it create false hopes, because it failed to give assurance that Ulster can defend wide.
Game changed when Cave came on

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Why oh why do the band start playing when it’s our throw at the line out?

I couldn’t give a feck if anybody knows the way to Amarillo or not
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

222toHounslow wrote:Mention in despatches for The Baldy Barista yesterday.

+1. The first scrum up against the Freak Show... I thought ... Hes toast today, but no, the Scarlet Barista did good, more than good.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

222toHounslow wrote:Mention in despatches for The Baldy Barista yesterday.

Baldy Barista has been pretty reliable over the past few months
Rory Best