Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Post by Tender »

Free WiFi !
Our Tayto are better...

I'm done
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Spiffsson wrote:
Russ wrote:Wee Joey is on record last night saying he's not Ulster bound

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Why would he remotely consider coming here to play for a totally dross team of losers when he's already at one of the top two or three clubs in Europe?
The talk is really of a loan deal until the end of the season.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3347710

Leinster ‘not much better than us’, says Ulster coach after defeat

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

thecrouch wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3347710

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead:

that alone should get the clown sectioned let alone sacked....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

“I don’t think they’re that much better than us,” Les Kiss, the embattled Ulster director of rugby, protested despite Saturday’s 38-7 scoreline at the RDS telling no lies. “It’s a [downward] spiral. It’s not ideal and it’s hurting us to be that inconsistent, it’s not ideal that’s for sure. That’s the nature of what we’re looking at the minute. That inconsistency, we don’t have a constant dependable style of rugby that we can rely on. We have a chance next week to respond.”
Could somebody who lives near Ravenhill go up this morning and give him the following message:

You are partly right Les, inconsistency is a major issue, but I don't think you understand how to fix it. You don't get consistency by chopping and changing every section of the team week in and week out.

Consistency starts with the selector, players should know that if they play well then all being equal they keep their place. Motivation does not come from "resting" a player who is showing himself to be in form. Equally, you cannot leave a player out in the cold week after week then expect he turns in a top-class performance.

It is a balancing act Les and you have shown no aptitude for it, nor any general idea that you understand that if you put a player who has never started into a strong selection, chances are the new start will not be up to speed, put him in a key position and more times than not you will have "wasted" a game for your strong team no matter if the guy performs ok.

Les, I'll give you this advice, since you don't appear to grasp any of this, take three months off coaching.............then give up completely, you are out of your depth.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3347710

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image :banghead: :banghead:
Had a munt on Saturday try and tell me that because no teams had played full strength against full strength that nobody could say Leinster are the best Irish side

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
“I don’t think they’re that much better than us,” Les Kiss, the embattled Ulster director of rugby, protested despite Saturday’s 38-7 scoreline at the RDS telling no lies. “It’s a [downward] spiral. It’s not ideal and it’s hurting us to be that inconsistent, it’s not ideal that’s for sure. That’s the nature of what we’re looking at the minute. That inconsistency, we don’t have a constant dependable style of rugby that we can rely on. We have a chance next week to respond.”
Could somebody who lives near Ravenhill go up this morning and give him the following message:

You are partly right Les, inconsistency is a major issue, but I don't think you understand how to fix it. You don't get consistency by chopping and changing every section of the team week in and week out.

Consistency starts with the selector, players should know that if they play well then all being equal they keep their place. Motivation does not come from "resting" a player who is showing himself to be in form. Equally, you cannot leave a player out in the cold week after week then expect he turns in a top-class performance.

It is a balancing act Les and you have shown no aptitude for it, nor any general idea that you understand that if you put a player who has never started into a strong selection, chances are the new start will not be up to speed, put him in a key position and more times than not you will have "wasted" a game for your strong team no matter if the guy performs ok.

Les, I'll give you this advice, since you don't appear to grasp any of this, take three months off coaching.............then give up completely, you are out of your depth.
Can't really complain baggy I also couldn't believe the statement that Leinster are not much better than us... it was clear for all to see the gulf and indeed just about every expert on TV highlighted same.

Like you I can't help feel that this guy is not and never will be a Head Coach but that in itself doesn't explain the shyte defence that we have, given that is his apparent genius. One fear I have is that Kiss is already in self protect mode and as such he will see it as one match need to win for himself rather than the wider picture.

I have concerns even at this non yet named stage that desperation has already set in on more than the playing front and that those that brought Charles here over a forward now see our next short term 10 as getting bums on seats and conning season ticket holders into next year...

This man talks shyte is three different languages not one that I can understand..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

What the feck sort of mind altering substance is the man on ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neil F
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neil F »

I almost chocked on my porridge this morning when I read what Kiss had said.

What I don't get is that, surely if he is in self-protect mode, attempting to claim that Ulster have nearly as much talent as Leinster only draws further attention to his own failings as a coach? In game theory, there is an equilibrium solution in repeated games where the person who selects the most irrational responses in each game eventually wins because he has successfully convinced his opponent that he is stark raving bonkers. I increasingly get the feeling that Kiss is reading from this playbook...

Actually, Kiss is beginning to remind me of the hideous offspring of Eddie O'Sullivan and Declan Kidney at the very end. He's got Eddie's ability to select a team that bears no resemblance to recent form or performances. How do you motivate a player to complete a first-up tackle or hit a ruck like a tank when that player must surely know that such things appear to play no role in on-going selection decisions? On the other hand, he is throwing kids in, almost arbitrarily, which I can only assume is some kind of sop to show that he's building something or other.

The only thing I can see in Kiss' favour right now is that some are blindly holding onto some mistaken belief that he might, still, guide us to European knock-out rugby. That reality, I fear, is going to hit embarrassingly next weekend. As it is, I've never been more pessimistic as an Ulster fan.