Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Post by Dave »

Kiss=Trump
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:Positive: Tommy has been playing well (says FOLK)

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
According to press he will be out for 8 weeks though :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

And for the record can anyone advise what is the difference between the Pro Management Committee and the Pro Game Board?

Am I correct that one chairman is also the teams match day manager and a sponsor .. the other chairman left the building a short while back maybe he seen the writing.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:Kiss=Trump

Both are stable genius’s in their own area of expertise..
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
ColinM wrote:Positive: Tommy has been playing well (says FOLK)

According to press he will be out for 8 weeks though :roll:
Positive?

boringperson12
Novice

Post by boringperson12 »

Cockatrice wrote:And for the record can anyone advise what is the difference between the Pro Management Committee and the Pro Game Board?

Am I correct that one chairman is also the teams match day manager and a sponsor .. the other chairman left the building a short while back maybe he seen the writing.
Nigel Brady is the match day manager. Interesting that another former U!ster hooker does the same job at Northampton.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:Positive - I didn't go
Negative - I watched on TV
I didn't go

AND

I fell asleep when Little House on the Prairie parts 1-3 (the Director's cut) was on True Movies and missed the whole thing.

Win Win :cheers:
I am sorry you missed it mervyn because despite it being a wasted trip on the face of it there was some really good bits in a classic.
Some real positives.
After a journey packed with adventures the Ingalis family got to meet some Indians and Mr Edwards for the first time just before they got moved on by soldiers.
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Positives: I didn't renew my season ticket last year after 12 years with one.

Negatives: I watched that pish.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

boringperson12 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:And for the record can anyone advise what is the difference between the Pro Management Committee and the Pro Game Board?

Nigel Brady is the match day manager. Interesting that another former U!ster hooker does the same job at Northampton.
Nigel is Resource Co-Ordinater.. we used to have a Match Day Manager in Davy Miller but I think that role has finally vanished even though when Bryn came one of his roles was to look after all match day operations for the team. You could see him standing on the touch line week on week but no one could answer what the role was because he had a 9-5 Mon-Fri job. I see however he is the chair of the Pro Game so obviously those evening running the touch line have stood him well...
amoore
Novice

Post by amoore »

Positives - Black, Herbst and McPhillips
Negatives - pretty much everything else
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Look, you were always going to lose to us last night as we just happen to have an exceptionally strong vein of talent at the moment. Leinster, without the kind of budget of the big French teams, are able to match them in playing resources just now. So Ulster were playing a side that is abnormally strong for the Pro14. Our seconds would probably dominate the Pro14 but it's not the long ago we were called the Ladyboys.

You have to compare like with like.

Your season was always going to turn on Europe. You should now concentrate 100% on taking on La Rochelle and beating them and be in the mix for the quarter finals at Easter.
I believe Ulster can and will do it.

Sadly, I don't think Trimble or Bowe should be seen again at this level. Time marches on for everyone.
Rumour last night was that McFadden, and maybe Carberry, are going to be redirected by the Union to Ulster next season as, with James Lowe and young Larmour, we are deemed to be well stocked in those positions.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kiss has embarrassed the entire set up, 5 halves against Irish teams where we looked abysmal and one half where we made numbers count in a decent fashion.

That my friends is the positives dealt with.

The negative: no sign of his resignation or sacking yet.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:Look, you were always going to lose to us last night as we just happen to have an exceptionally strong vein of talent at the moment. Leinster, without the kind of budget of the big French teams, are able to match them in playing resources just now. So Ulster were playing a side that is abnormally strong for the Pro14. Our seconds would probably dominate the Pro14 but it's not the long ago we were called the Ladyboys.

You have to compare like with like.

Your season was always going to turn on Europe. You should now concentrate 100% on taking on La Rochelle and beating them and be in the mix for the quarter finals at Easter.
I believe Ulster can and will do it.

Sadly, I don't think Trimble or Bowe should be seen again at this level. Time marches on for everyone.
Rumour last night was that McFadden, and maybe Carberry, are going to be redirected by the Union to Ulster next season as, with James Lowe and young Larmour, we are deemed to be well stocked in those positions.
Might I suggest you go and ride your hand?

Before you go for that particular thrill, just reflect on this. Leinster are so strong and better than the rest of the Pro 14 that they have not won it for 4 years, they won it twice in succession and then you go back 5 years so stuff you're bullshit up yer hole. Neither have you jockeyed in the SDC for 5 years.

What you do have is strength in depth that should make you top dog, but where are the trophies, eh?

Weegies or Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets are just as likely to win the Pro14 albeit Scaaaalets have a much weaker pool of talent & will need to keep key players fit.

On Ferg, Ulster already has 4 wingers better than him and that doesn't include Bowe & Trimble. I've nothing against Ferg, I understand him to be a top bloke. Wee Joey is excellent ................... at passing into touch, 4 times the last time he was at Spanners.

Now FROARYH.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

I wouldn't mind Joey Carbery, McFadden can stay put. Ulster needs to stick with Gilroy, Nelson (yes, he's a good back 3 player) and further develop Lyttle and Stockdale.

Wing is not a problem, our midfield defence is though. Centres get ripped to shreds in nearly every game!!!! Really missing Olding and Marshall there.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Baggy
That's my point. This is all transient. We were down in the dumps only a short while ago. We haven't won anything yet and everybody forgets Scarlets stuffed Leinster a while ago.
History has been rewritten in Munster too.
Axel has been sanctified in his passing away but don't tell me the knives were not being sharpened down there in 2016.
I just find the present level of self absorbedness in Ulster to be overdoing it a bit.
Getting shut of Kiss is not going to be a magic panacea. You need players more.