Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Leinster v Ulster: Positives versus the Negatives

Post by rocky »

Negative - having to watch another dire performance by Ulster (for whatever reasons) yesterday.
Positive - being able to watch another superb AIL match between Queens and Malone where both teams showed huge commitment and superb levels of the essential skills of rugby.
The fact that Queens are being coached by Neil Doak and Derek Suffern and Malone by the vastly under-rated Paddy Armstrong may be relevant.
Bo***cks to Brexit
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cockatrice wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:And for the record can anyone advise what is the difference between the Pro Management Committee and the Pro Game Board?

Am I correct that one chairman is also the teams match day manager and a sponsor .. the other chairman left the building a short while back maybe he seen the writing.
Nigel Brady is the match day manager. Interesting that another former U!ster hooker does the same job at Northampton.
Nigel is Resource Co-Ordinater.. we used to have a Match Day Manager in Davy Miller but I think that role has finally vanished even though when Bryn came one of his roles was to look after all match day operations for the team. You could see him standing on the touch line week on week but no one could answer what the role was because he had a 9-5 Mon-Fri job. I see however he is the chair of the Pro Game so obviously those evening running the touch line have stood him well...
So what does thon clown Neil Hanna do except hand out rugby balls at the end to throw into the family stand...any truth that at half time yesterday in the RDS they ran a competition throwing rugby balls into the crowd, if a Leinster fan caught a ball he was given 2 free tickets to their next home game, if an Ulster fan caught one he was given a start in our lineout next week :thumleft:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The negative the failure to realise that Leinster take out any defence which tries to tackle beyond the gain line .

Thus any secondary defence ( if we have one ) should be running at angle towards the corner flag rather than along the gain line .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote:I wouldn't mind Joey Carbery, McFadden can stay put. Ulster needs to stick with Gilroy, Nelson (yes, he's a good back 3 player) and further develop Lyttle and Stockdale.

A wing is not a problem, our midfield defence is though. Centres get ripped to shreds in nearly every game!!!! Really missing Olding and Marshall there.
Big-al, have you been going to night classes? You appear so much more sensible these days. I doubt Carberry will appear here, there are other plans afoot or so my spies tell me. Ferg? No point at all.

And you are right Lyttle & Stockdale have talent, much as Cube had a mare last night though he wasn't nearly as bad as Piutau who contributed the cubed root of SFA and was again marked absent as tries were scored. I'm amazed Chuck's lack of defence has rarely been commented upon other than sparingly. One's defence is never adequately tested as an All Black winger, his is of George North quality.

And finally, yes we miss Marshall when his hands are on the right way round which has been rare for a year now, though I love his heart for the scrap & Olding? Sure he was rarely available anyway, doubt he'll be much discussed in a couple of years time.

We really miss Jackson who is a brilliant defender to go with the rest of his game. That is not even up for discussion. I believe Sale wanted him on loan this season whilst the bizarre case of the two young gentlemen rumbles headlong towards a conclusion.

Above all we miss the old firm, Pienaar, Jackson, Trimble, Marshall, Cave, Bowe, Payne the majority of that gone forever, or in creaking decline.

Compared to Payne at fullback, Chuck is a midget's wallaper.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
This Jihad's 7th season at Ulster, albeit he missed all of the first one.

78 appearances and an impressive 21 trys. Wonder how many of those our best fullback actually started at 15? 40 maybe?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:...
I traveled to Dublin for that. Now in the horseshow bar , ...

Positives: it's fixable
Indeed it is, and I have fixed it for you.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Joey is on record last night saying he's not Ulster bound

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
boringperson12
Novice

Post by boringperson12 »

Cockatrice wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:And for the record can anyone advise what is the difference between the Pro Management Committee and the Pro Game Board?

Am I correct that one chairman is also the teams match day manager and a sponsor .. the other chairman left the building a short while back maybe he seen the writing.
Nigel Brady is the match day manager. Interesting that another former U!ster hooker does the same job at Northampton.
Nigel is Resource Co-Ordinater.. we used to have a Match Day Manager in Davy Miller but I think that role has finally vanished even though when Bryn came one of his roles was to look after all match day operations for the team. You could see him standing on the touch line week on week but no one could answer what the role was because he had a 9-5 Mon-Fri job. I see however he is the chair of the Pro Game so obviously those evening running the touch line have stood him well...
http://ulsterrugby.com/team/nigel-brady.php
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Our new prop looks shyte
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Our new prop looks shyte
Yip, nothing new there
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

boringperson12 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

Wont have a bad word said about the man

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
This Jihad's 7th season at Ulster, albeit he missed all of the first one.

78 appearances and an impressive 21 trys. Wonder how many of those our best fullback actually started at 15? 40 maybe?
I'm not going to check it out Merv but I doubt Girrid has played 13 more than 20 times, FFS even a dullard like Kiss has picked him at 15 for Ulster while he was Schmidt's wet dream at 13.

Still, hardly worth disputing the difference I suppose, I think only that buttcheek Anscombe picked him in the centre.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
boringperson12 wrote:

Wont have a bad word said about the man

russ... nor am I saying one about Brady... simply pointing out he was the Resource Co-Ordinater whilst initially unaware that he is now also the Match Day Manager... The man who previously held that role on a part-time basis is now Chairmen of the PRO Game Board which if not mistaken means he is running the committee that is running the PRO game here.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Unless my eyes were mistaken the cameras in the changing rooms at half time appeared to show, on one side, the Leinster players and coaches and, on the other, the assembled Ulster hoardes including the nutrition enabler and the iphone charger coordinator.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Russ wrote:Wee Joey is on record last night saying he's not Ulster bound

Why would he remotely consider coming here to play for a totally dross team of losers when he's already at one of the top two or three clubs in Europe?